Nicknames

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you still go by nicknames, especially those from your childhood? I.e. I had a friend that I knew as "Kris" but her sister always called her "Krissy" which she didn't mind as a kid, but hates now as an adult.

I don't really care if someone calls me "Jen", "Jenney", or "Jennifer" personally so I thought it was odd that she was adament about not being called "Krissy".

Just curious if you have a preference on nicknames.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My family calls me Bratty thanks to my dad. My sister calls me Bran. I go by anything really. I get called all kinds ofd wrong names at work so I answer to them all! ;lol:

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My family has always called me Jenny. My real name is Jenica. A few of my friends call me Jen. I like all of them so it doesn't matter to me!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm Susan, but people have called me Susie my whole life........a few call me Sue though...........

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents gave me a short name so it couldn't be "nicknamed". Do you know how many times I've had to convince people it was my full first name? Took one teacher a month to not call me Jane, Janet, Janice...

The great nieces and nephews still call me Jan-Jan even though they are getting older and could just call me Jan. But they are the only ones who can get away with it!

And Rigel/CoolCat is the only one that can call me Jannie!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most people call me Katie, but my family calls me Kate, Kathleen when I'm in trouble
I've even been called Katelyn, and of course Katiemae
I cannot stand to be called Kathy though, makes me

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My siblings and fiancé call me my nickname a lot...it's Stoony.

Long story short...my grandmother is Polish (we call her Babcia) and she says our names weird. My name is Crystal and she calls me Cris-toon-ia (how it sounds..let's not get started on how she spells it, lol, she's so cute). So my brother would jokingly call me that years back...and then it got shortened to Stoon...and now Stoony (my sister pegged that one, I think). So I get Stoon or Stoony on a regular basis from all of them.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always wanted a nickname while I was growing up...but there isn't too much you can do with the name Tracy

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

I always wanted a nickname while I was growing up...but there isn't too much you can do with the name Tracy
...or Karen
I have a friend that calls me Ka occasionally, and one of my brothers calls me Wa when he wants to irritate me!

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My name's Rebecca- really easy to get nicknames. My family called me Becca when I was really little, but in 2nd grade I decided I wanted to be called Becky. In 8th grade I decided that that was too long and I wanted to be called Bex. That's the one that's stuck- most everyone calls me Bex now, and I'm 20. My BF decided he wanted a special name for me so he started calling me Becca, but he kept introducing me to people as Becca so his whole family and all his friends call me that... So now, he calls me what I called myself when I was juuust learning to talk: Beppa.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My name can't be shortened, either. Some people tried to call me by my last name, with a "y" attached to the end, but I've always hated it and will ignore anyone calling me that. Otherwise, I didn't have any nicknames growing up.

In high school I had a penpal from South Korea who gave me the nickname "Mirinae" (it means "milky way" and I'm probably horribly butchering it). I liked the sound of it and use it for my online handles.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beccory

My name's Rebecca- really easy to get nicknames. My family called me Becca when I was really little, but in 2nd grade I decided I wanted to be called Becky. In 8th grade I decided that that was too long and I wanted to be called Bex. That's the one that's stuck- most everyone calls me Bex now, and I'm 20. My BF decided he wanted a special name for me so he started calling me Becca, but he kept introducing me to people as Becca so his whole family and all his friends call me that... So now, he calls me what I called myself when I was juuust learning to talk: Beppa.
That is very sweet.

[I used to call myself LaLa - no, that's in no way related to my real name]

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have lots - different people call me different things.

'Angel of the Morning' is my favorite, though

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm kinda still a kid... but i've had the nickname catmint since birth. My real name's kasmyn and my greatgrandma was real hard of hearing when my parents told her what they were gonna call me.

My dad still calls me squirtle sometimes.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother calls me VB and Bird. It's from a children's book that she used to read to me when I was a little kid. Apparently I loved the postman who was a blue jay, and, in the book, they called him VBB or Very Blue Bird.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My name is Lydia Nichole.
Most of my family call me Lydia or Nichole, and most of my friends and Colin call me Nikki. Only my mom calls me Lydia Nichole and only when i'm toast lol. My mom and one of my sisters like to call me "Lyddie"- i personally hate it! So i always make them stop when they do it lol

catlady810

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
With my name, Ginger. I have LOTS of nick names. Gin is the most common nick name, and most used in my house. Gin-ge, is what my brother calls me and I HATE IT!!!! Gin-gin is another.

I had a sub teacher in high school that totally butchered my name and called me Zinger, now mind you, I had the sub a week ago for another class and he didn't know how to say my name. Zinger stuck due to my pottery teacher. I called him Mr.P and so he called me Zinger once he got wind of what the sub called me.