two boys living together?

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i heard that you should not try to have two boy cats because they will fight, is this true?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as they are both neutered then they should be fine as long as you introduce them properly. But that has nothing to do with their sex, it is just how you introduce them and their personalities. I have actually found boy cats to get along a lot better with each other then females do. Neutering really makes all the difference. Males will spray too if not neutered. I have 3 neutered males and they all love each other. My girls are the ones who have issues with each other.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had an indoor boy and girl, but my two boys now get along great together! I think its more a matter of individual kitty temperment, and quality of introduction, but any combination should work out fine.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 of each, all brought in at different times, no fur flying here, everyone gets along great.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only ever had boys (neutered) and they've got along fine.

nekokaasan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My neutered boys are littermates and get along wonderfully. They're very loving towards one another. My best friend has boy/girl littermates and they're close too, although the girl is definitely in charge.

Honestly, I think that with proper introduction, most any pairing will work. YMMV of course, depending on the individual purrsonalities involved.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If they are neutered it is no big deal.

The question is if they are whole, feks two Sirs. It may go well, at least some time, but no quaranties given. You must wait and see, and be prepared for a quick castration of at least one of them. Although you may buy some time with the Pill.

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine are all three (neutered) boys and I wouldn't have it any other way!
It's all in the introductions.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unneutered males will fight in most cases, but I've have more boys living together then girls - the boys were all neutered (except my rex stud) and even he loved everyone in the house - male or female and never faught with any of them

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 boys - Harley is 1 year old and Davidson is 12 weeks - and they get along wonderfully. I dont' think it so much matters on the gender, but their personalities

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
my personal experience shows me that males seem to get on better than females actually, females always seem to be, uh, a bit, uh feisty
but my boys are usually the first to except any new additions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nekokaasan

My neutered boys are littermates and get along wonderfully. They're very loving towards one another. My best friend has boy/girl littermates and they're close too, although the girl is definitely in charge.

Honestly, I think that with proper introduction, most any pairing will work. YMMV of course, depending on the individual purrsonalities involved.
whats YMMV?

erinandseamus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My boys get along for the most part. They sometimes wrestle and chase each other. Especially in the middle of the night if one is sleeping with us and the other wants their spot. It never gets serious though.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

my personal experience shows me that males seem to get on better than females actually, females always seem to be, uh, a bit, uh feisty
but my boys are usually the first to except any new additions
That is exactly how it works in my home too! My boys are the peace makers.

vik61

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Boy boy is working out very well here. These two love each other a lot.

I had a woman who was looking to adopt two kittens say to me that two male cats aren't any good because they become "queerish." She posed this as a question several times until I finally disagreed with her.

I told her I didn't want to put a label on animals. They are such natural creatures but if fixed they don't even think in terms of sexuality or sexual preference.

I know she meant they do just what my two do, they cuddle and lick each other, play together and are in general the most adorable specimins of perfect companionship. I don't want to put a human moniker on them, like "queerish."

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i think that was a pretty dumb thing for that lady to say.....

vik61

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
"They get queerish, don'cha think?"

Finally had to say, "No."

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ok, what about 2 girls living together? i just got a new 9 week female kitten from the humane society. just wondering what to expect between her and my 9 month old female