where do you sit at work?

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed a lot of people log on from their jobs and it got me to thinking, where do you sit, in an office or a cubicle? I just started a new job on Monday and I sit in a room with 4 other people, with no cubicles or anything, so everyone can see and hear what everyone else is doing. Besides that, I sit right next to the door to my bosses office, and she can see my desk (and my computer screen) from her desk. The result: No TCS at work for me!

So where do you guys sit that you can log on to TCS so much and not caught?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cubicle with low walls.. so everyone can see what I am doing at work at all times. My boss however could care less if I am on line or not, as long as my stats don't suffer. If we are busy I can't post as much, if we are slow I can sit on TCS all day if I want to.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a very small cubicle (but at least I have it to myself), and my back is toward the opening, so I have to be careful too. I actually go in through my web-based home email, so I have a sort of a banner that says Webmail, instead of TCS. And I scrunch it up really small so I can only read about 4 lines of type. But so can everyone else!

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hardly ever on here at work, I'm right at the front desk (big desk too!) though with no one really around me or watching what I'm doing, just people occasionally coming in and out and co-workers passing through. I'm usually too busy to be on here at work and I just enjoy being on TCS more when I'm at home for some reason, so I rarely post at work.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unfortunately I can't log on at work, per company policy. I have a very few times for important purposes of course! I kind of sit in a corner of my classroom. Confidentiality is a big issue for me at work. It stinks! The day would go sooo much faster if I could get on here!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i teach school. i'm a content mastery teacher, which means i help the kids that need extra help - they bring their work down to my room. what this really means is i have many times when there's no one at all in my room. so i'm there all alone
anyway, even when there are students, i have a tendency to 'overhelp' so if it's a task that they need only a quiet environment for, i stay at my computer so i won't help on something they're capable of doing independently. i hope that all makes sense

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
in my office, we have rows of cubicles, the low wall kind too, and I sit at the front of a row, just to the left of my supervisor, so I can see her, but she can't see me
the lady who sits behind me is out on disability right now, but she wouldn't tell on me anyway

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In one office I am all alone, and even when my boss does decide to come in, he couldn't care less as long as my work is done.

In my other, we have two desks per room, with the desks facing away from each other so we can't see each other's monitors anyway, but its the kind of job where you can do whatever if its quiet but are expected to stay late and help if its busy

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sit at a cubicle. Mine is quite spacious with very high walls. But you can kinda see my screen if you are looking right when you walk by. My boss doesn't really care as long as all my work is done.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sit in a cubicle with walls. I just have to make sure that there is another window I can click on when someone walks by.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in a closet that was turned into an office a long, long time ago. I sit next to the men's bathroom, which -ahem- doesn't help some of my perceptions of my male coworkers sometimes.

The upper management is moving me to another, larger/squarer office far away from the bathrooms in the next month. I can hardly wait.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I work for our family business & sit right next to my mom all day! Even though we're next to each other I face one way & she faces the other- plus our monitors are positioned so neither of us can see what the other is doing. (Intentional on my part, I don't know about hers!) On occassion I get busted when someone comes around the back of the room but no one seems to care too much- we all fart around online during slow times in the day.

I can always tell when my mom is playing solitaire by how she clicks her mouse!!!

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cubicle with low walls also...but as long as you do your work, it doesn't matter if you are online....

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I work from home...so no bosses for me, lol.

When I worked in an office, though, no message boards for me. My personal feeling is you're there to do work, not to surf the net.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You mean some people get to sit while they're at work?

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, I have the biggest office in the building.... the main lobby!

I used to be in another section of the building, but they did this restructuring thing, and they decided not to have security in the lobby anymore during the day, and moved me to the lobby (cause of my pleasant disposition!
). So I have a desk that is 20 feet long, and the biggest office in the house. And people don't come behind my desk often (except 1-2 idiot shareholders that feel the need to lean over me and use my phone to call upstairs while they are waiting for someone). I keep TCS open all day, and just keep it minimized when I'm doing real work. I also constantly "look" busy.... and I am, happily typing replies to all of these facinating threads!!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

You mean some people get to sit while they're at work?

Oh, stop, you sound just like my husband!

Me: "yawwwwwwn, boy I'm exhausted!"
Hubby: "how can you be tired from sitting on your butt all day?"
Me: "well some of us actually have to use our brain at work, and that's very tiring..."
Hubby: "yeah, I'm sure it takes alot out of you being on your cat website all day, and emailing your friends!"
Me: "jealousy will get you nowhere!"