Should I be honest?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I was balancing my check book today, and found out that the baking supply store that I go to undercharged me by $30.00 on my last order. Should I ring them and have them charge the rest?

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly...It would depend on how I was feeling that day.
Or how good or bad the baking supply store treats you..Or if you've given them alot of money already that it's about time you get some back..
Just depends I guess.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilleah

Honestly...It would depend on how I was feeling that day.
Or how good or bad the baking supply store treats you..Or if you've given them alot of money already that it's about time you get some back..
Just depends I guess.
I spend a lot there, just because it's one of the few places that will order what I want to bake, but the lady who runs it is nasty. I'm self taught, and she seems to think that I need to go to Paris to learn how to make pastry.

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In that case, I'd probably say nothing and consider it a "mean lady" fee.

My vet's office once undercharged me, and I called them as soon as I realized, but that's because they take such good care of my kitties and they're very nice and are pretty fair about prices and such. But people who are nasty...well, as they say, you reap what you sow.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

the lady who runs it is nasty. I'm self taught, and she seems to think that I need to go to Paris to learn how to make pastry.
Well, if shes nasty ........hmmmmmm

I would tell them. She may even gain a new level of respect for you.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO its not about her, its about you. I think you should let her know and pay the difference. It isn't easy to do, but it is the right thing to do!

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I spend a lot there, just because it's one of the few places that will order what I want to bake, but the lady who runs it is nasty. I'm self taught, and she seems to think that I need to go to Paris to learn how to make pastry.
Well then you've got $30.00 towards your ticket to Paris...
That's how I'd think of it.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

IMO its not about her, its about you. I think you should let her know and pay the difference. It isn't easy to do, but it is the right thing to do!
Bingo! She'd never know the difference, probably, but you will.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Bingo! She'd never know the difference, probably, but you will.
It's about you, not her. So, yeah - double check your accounts, and then pay the mean lady baker.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you already know they right thing to do. IMO if I was runnig a shop and I miscalculated someones ticket 30 buck I would want them to let me know. Just like if I am over charging someone I would want them to let me know. I would give the mean baker a call and let her know that she didn't charge you right. She may tell you to keep it anyways.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I agree.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called and let her know. She says that she'll just add the 30.00 on to my next order, so I don't have to go out of the way to pay her.

beatrix426

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My mom always says that if you do the right thing it'll come back to you. So perhaps that $30 will come back to you in some way because you did the right thing

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I agree. I would pay it...or at least bring it to her attention.

I can't for the life of me remember where it was, but I was undercharged at a store years back...I called them and told them and they told me thanks for being honest...and not to worry about it. Good day for me, and I felt good because I did the right thing.

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When my first daughter was a tiny baby, I'd gone grocery shopping and didn't find a deodorant I'd picked up until after I put her carrier the car. I went back in and told them what had happened. They not only gave me the deodorant but also a $10 gift certificate for being so honest about something so small. It will come back to you that you did the right thing!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

Was she at least thankful that you called her to tell her about it?
She was still mean, but I'm starting to think that she is just programmed that way.