drooling

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
does anyone else have a cat that drools when you pet/cuddle with it? how common is this?

rum tum tugger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
wow, i was actually about to post about my cat drooling a lot. but i saw your post! My cat drools a LOT! i'm assuming its because shes so happy to see me! hahaha

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jaycee

does anyone else have a cat that drools when you pet/cuddle with it? how common is this?
It's common, but you may want to go to the vet to get it checked out if it's excessive. Scratch, the one in my siggy, is having a ten day round of anti-biotics due to a gum infection, and he drooled a lot too.

tunaqueen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pyewackett drools like a fawcet when he's getting luvins. Should have called him "Puddles".

rum tum tugger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
fortunetly it appears that my cat doesn't have anything abnormal with her teeth. Hopefully her drooling is just from happniess, but thanks for the heads up, I'll keep a look out

lukin28

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
if it starts smelling it may be an infection. Mine drooled alot too when cuddling, then he went to the vet to have his teeth cleaned and they had to pull all his teeth!! Hes fine and he doesnt drool anymore. hopefully thats not your case, but just check it out

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitties now don't drool, but my old cat Socks drooled like crazy when I would pet her. It's pretty common and when Socks did it it was insanely cute!

animal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thats sooo funny me andmy daughter were just saying about our kitty drooling..she does it when shes excited and happy..when been stroked..i just thought it was common but now we know

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prego drools when getting petted; he always has. Mention it next time you're at the vet and have them check his mouth, but for some cats, it's totally normal.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jaycee, believe it or not, that's a real compliment in kitty world. If he drools when he's cuddling, he really, truly loves you.

Gizmo drools occasionally, but usually shows her happiness by purring and kneading (another kitty compliment by the way).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gizmocat

Jaycee, believe it or not, that's a real compliment in kitty world. If he drools when he's cuddling, he really, truly loves you.

Gizmo drools occasionally, but usually shows her happiness by purring and kneading (another kitty compliment by the way).
oh, i know
i just wanted to find out how common it is, and it looks like its pretty common. it is kinda gross though when it gets in my hair and stuff. (he cuddles his face into my neck and hair and hugs me) its soooo sweet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well hes been checked out by the vet and hes totally healthy

he is very thoughtful about his drooling now, he licks it back into his mouth before it gets on me or anything else

evepie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

well glad to hear he's got a clean bill of health!
i got drooled all over this morning by a big beast of a cat sat outside our door...no complaints from me
although he did decide to park himself on my lap & wouldn't move till he felt he'd had enough luvin!
our poor kittens were watching from the window looking most put out!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Magpie (RB) was a drooler. They think you're their mummy and relate being petted to when they were suckling mum. It's cute, if a bit annoying at times, and very common, esp in cats who left their mum young.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
One of my cats used to suck on my neck, arm anywhere there was bare skin to the point of leaving small hickies. He also drooled quite profoundly since we got him. As he got older the sucking stoped but he still drools alot but only when u are petting him and hes purring (pretty much all the time). The vet told me that some cats are like that. But it can be kind of gross when hes loving u up with drool hanging from his mouth and u can watch it just drip drip drip drip.

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TunaQueen

Pyewackett drools like a fawcet when he's getting luvins. Should have called him "Puddles".

I've said the same thing about my Blondie in the past. I had asked my vet about it and she said, "Oh yeah, some cats are droolers when they get excited and happy".

I had thought it was a bit out of the ordinary too.