I successfully converted my BF!

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

So, my darling BF. He likes cats- he wants to own a couple, but he's nowhere near my caliber of kitty love. (he wants two; I want 8.) When I cautiously asked him how he felt about declawing, he said "if their claws become a problem, sure, why not."
We were talking about cat trees and wet food vs. dry food and such, and he was confused as to why people would spend so much on a cat.
Well, over the last few weeks (we're getting our first kitty tomorrow) I have been working at him, trying to convince him to see things the TCS way.
It WORKED!
Last night we went to Petco, and were looking at food- I was convinced I'd have a heck of a time convincing him we need to feed the cats wet only- but we were looking at ingredients and he was horrified by what they put in dry (and some wet!) He was all "animal digest?! meat BY-PRODUCTS??!! EW!" and we settled on Natural Balance. He was looking at prices (I winced when I saw that) and he said hmmm, $20 for 24 cans, not bad!
Then we were looking at condos and scratching posts, and he offhandedly said "it just makes so much more sense to get one of these than declaw... more fun for everyone involved!" I laughed. He was looking at the $100+ ones and didn't seem too shocked by the prices

now if only I could get him to agree on 5 cats... eventually...

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awesome!!! maybe he wouldn't notice if you slipped in a couple extra cats

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beccory

now if only I could get him to agree on 5 cats... eventually...
I'm having a similar sort of breakthrough. Now Chris does like cats (was neutral before we met). Before I moved in with him we arranged for Autumn to go to his home becuase hse was unhappy where she was at the barn. He fell in love with her! He loved having her there when he got off of work. He fed her dry food and she gained a ton of weight! When I moved in I brought 2 kittens (Meeka and Hope) and switched to raw. Well the weight melted off of Autumn so he does believe in raw food, just dosen't like the hassle. He puts up with it nicely though.

So he said that 3 cats was enough and he didn't want more. Since we had a litter he asked if we would keep one? I was shocked! I ultimately would like 5 cats so we will see what happen.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea!!! Another kitty convert!!!
You should give yourself a pat on the back
good job!