Weaning

philippa83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

My kittens are almost 6 weeks old.

Two are now pretty much litter trained and eating food from a bowl.

The other one who is the largest by far is refusing to eat anything other then mums milk.
I have tried taking mum away from her for a while, mixing food with formula and putting it in her mouth.
There also seems little interest in the litter tray.
Seems odd when the other two are very good at both

Does anyone have any tips?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
other then what ur doing by mixing it in with the food i had to do that with mine with the litter tray ( u probly know this) when i trained 1 of mine i had to put him in it scrap his paw's about and stimulate him so that his scent was in there i know it wasnt the nicest thing but it worked lol after only a few time's he caught on lol

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Philippa83

Hi,

My kittens are almost 6 weeks old.

Two are now pretty much litter trained and eating food from a bowl.

The other one who is the largest by far is refusing to eat anything other then mums milk.
I have tried taking mum away from her for a while, mixing food with formula and putting it in her mouth.
There also seems little interest in the litter tray.
Seems odd when the other two are very good at both

Does anyone have any tips?
Honestly...the best way to litter train is to confine the kittens and mom into a small room or even a large dog crate. Hopefully this little one will learn from it's siblings and from mom that the litterbox is the place to go. Also....some kittens don't fully wean at 6 weeks of age..so patience with it. Again, give mom some soft kitten food and hopefully all three kittens will want to eat it because mom eats it.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

philippa83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No nothing wrong with waiting just think its odd that the other two are totally weaned and the other had no interest at all