TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Where Do They Sleep?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where Do They Sleep?

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
I was just wondering where on the bed your kitty's sleep. Zoe likes to sleep at the foot of the bed in between our legs but Cosmo likes to lay on the pillow next to your head or snuggled next to your chest. Just curious what spot is used most. Also do any of your cats lick you in the middle of the night? Cosmo does this at some point every night and it drives me crazy cause it hurts and even if I turn my head he walks over my neck and starts licking again. We do that for 15 mins and then he lays down and goes to sleep
post #2 of 25
Dori starts out at the end of the bed, but once my fiance comes to bed she moves to where she is sleeping next to my legs where my knees are bent. Then without fail, at 4am she relocates to sleeping on my head I love my early morning snuggles with her though.

We did go through a period recebtly where she slept in the closet. I think she was angry with me for something
post #3 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtle View Post
Dori starts out at the end of the bed, but once my fiance comes to bed she moves to where she is sleeping next to my legs where my knees are bent. Then without fail, at 4am she relocates to sleeping on my head I love my early morning snuggles with her though.

We did go through a period recebtly where she slept in the closet. I think she was angry with me for something
What about Brodi??? Does he sleep in the bed too? Or does he prefer somewhere else? LuckyGirl doesn't always sleep in the bed with us... she used to, but now she has so much exploring to do. Last night when I got up to pee she was curled in a ball on her window perch. But when she does sleep in the bed with us, it's in the same spot between the knees.... and I'm a tosser & a turner, so I have to be 1/2 concious when I turn over that I don't disrupt the princess! If there's a thunder storm she'll wedge her head in the crook of my arm pit. Even with her whole body sticking out, she thinks she's hiding....
post #4 of 25
Oz sleeps between my boyfriend and I, usually just below our shoulders but not quite around the small of our backs. He wedges himself between us (because we actually sleep fairly close together), then gradually sprawls so that we're forced to move to accommodate him. Eventually, my boyfriend and I are sleeping on the edges of the mattress, and Oz is sprawled out comfortably in the middle of the bed.

Spike very rarely sleeps on the bed; when he does, it's always at my feet or between my legs, below my knees. Usually, he sleeps on my boyfriend's dresser beside the bed, and every time I get up to use the bathroom, he hops down and follows me there, then follows me back to the bedroom. Spike prefers it if both my boyfriend and I remain in the same room together; that way, he can keep track of both his humans.

Oh, and only Oz licks us, ever. Usually he grooms my boyfriend (particularly his goatee or his shaved head -- maybe he likes the bristles?), but he'll occasionally lick my forehead, as if he's performing some sort of benediction. It's quite cute, but at night it can be annoying. When he starts grooming my boyfriend at night (which, strangely enough, wakes me up before it wakes my boyfriend up), I throw my arm around Oz and hug him to me to get him to stop. Since Oz likes being hugged and he's like a big, warm, fuzzy teddy bear, this arrangement works out pretty well for all of us.
post #5 of 25
Cody sleeps between my legs right where my knees bend, every night without fail-and he stays there until I get up in the morning usually. Dolly sleeps beside of my head or between my knees with Cody, LOL! It's rather comfy for me though-they keep my legs warm! They love my fuzzy blanket-when I snuggle up with it on the couch they come and sleep on it and me, lol.
post #6 of 25
Monkey is all over the place...she will sleep down at the bottom of the bed mostly...but sometimes I wake up and she is sleeping above my head...lol it scars me sometimes when I am half awake...
post #7 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinae View Post
Oz sleeps between my boyfriend and I, usually just below our shoulders but not quite around the small of our backs. He wedges himself between us (because we actually sleep fairly close together), then gradually sprawls so that we're forced to move to accommodate him. Eventually, my boyfriend and I are sleeping on the edges of the mattress, and Oz is sprawled out comfortably in the middle of the bed.

Spike very rarely sleeps on the bed; when he does, it's always at my feet or between my legs, below my knees. Usually, he sleeps on my boyfriend's dresser beside the bed, and every time I get up to use the bathroom, he hops down and follows me there, then follows me back to the bedroom. Spike prefers it if both my boyfriend and I remain in the same room together; that way, he can keep track of both his humans.

Oh, and only Oz licks us, ever. Usually he grooms my boyfriend (particularly his goatee or his shaved head -- maybe he likes the bristles?), but he'll occasionally lick my forehead, as if he's performing some sort of benediction. It's quite cute, but at night it can be annoying. When he starts grooming my boyfriend at night (which, strangely enough, wakes me up before it wakes my boyfriend up), I throw my arm around Oz and hug him to me to get him to stop. Since Oz likes being hugged and he's like a big, warm, fuzzy teddy bear, this arrangement works out pretty well for all of us.
Yea I try cuddling with Cosmo but he just sees this as an easier way to continue licking my nose, lips, cheeks lol so I basically just wait for him to get tired of walking back and forth trying to get to my face.
post #8 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl View Post
What about Brodi??? Does he sleep in the bed too? Or does he prefer somewhere else?

I did let Brody sleep in bed with us for a while, he loves sleeping in the bed with us. But that was when Dori started hiding in the closet. She wouldn't get in bed with Brody there, and she had been sleeping with me every night since she was a kitten. I felt like it wasn't fair, so I bought Brody a doggie bed and put it next to our bed. He sleeps there each night and in the mornings when Dori and I get up, I put him into our bed to sleep with his Daddy. He seems happy with that arrangement, and if things change in the future between Brody and Dori I wouldn't be opposed to letting him sleep in bed all night.
post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl View Post
If there's a thunder storm she'll wedge her head in the crook of my arm pit. Even with her whole body sticking out, she thinks she's hiding....
This reminds me of my old dog, Bayer... my sister has him now, but when he lived with my mom and me (in high school) he always slept in my room. He usually slept right next to the bed. If there was a thunderstorm he would jump onto the bed and crawl onto my head and look terribly scared. I didn't like it much, though- he is an American Eskimo Dog, and weighs about 35 pounds, and has fur like the blazes. I miss him though... I picked him out at a Petco adoption, and he knows it. No matter who he lives with he'll always be my puppy.
post #10 of 25
Sibohan sleeps on the pillow beside my head while Duke tends to prowl a but and sleeps in his favorite arm chair at night, at least until the alarm goes off then he is the back up alarm clock.
post #11 of 25
Sassy and Stinky don't ever sleep with me, but Lucy likes to sleep between my legs, and Clover sleeps either between my legs (after chasing Lu away), by my feet, or right on my face where it makes it hard to breathe.
post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtle View Post
I did let Brody sleep in bed with us for a while, he loves sleeping in the bed with us. But that was when Dori started hiding in the closet. She wouldn't get in bed with Brody there, and she had been sleeping with me every night since she was a kitten. I felt like it wasn't fair, so I bought Brody a doggie bed and put it next to our bed. He sleeps there each night and in the mornings when Dori and I get up, I put him into our bed to sleep with his Daddy. He seems happy with that arrangement, and if things change in the future between Brody and Dori I wouldn't be opposed to letting him sleep in bed all night.
That's a nice arrangment! I agree, it's not fair to make poor sweet Dori go through so much adjusting so soon.... it's perfectly alright for her to want cuddling time with her Momma all to herself! Some things are still sacred...
post #13 of 25
Bella sleeps by my head and has since she was a kitten, Sophia sleeps in my closet amongst all my shoes, Sev sleeps at the top of the stairs to make sure no one comes up to get us!! Joey sleeps on the end of our bed with his belly and legs in the air!!!
post #14 of 25
That depends on the cat. Maggie & Levi always sleep in a cat beds at the foot of the bed. Jordan likes to lay by my head. Isaac starts out the night next to me kneading & drooling on my arm, then moves to the foot of the bed. They don't all stay on the bed all night, but once in a while I wake up surronded unable to move.
post #15 of 25
Maggie May & Jazz sleep with me most of the time, but in the summer they mostly sleep on the kitchen floor, it's cooler than the bed.
post #16 of 25
both of them sleep beside me and Tiger either sleeps on me or right by my waist.
post #17 of 25
Whenever Gus comes to the bed to sleep with us, he'll either sleep in the middle of us or he'll sleep between my arms and my body. Sometimes he'll rest his head on my shoulder.
post #18 of 25
Wherever they want to sleep! lol they think they're royalty!
post #19 of 25
Pixel & Java start out on the bed with me, but Pixel usually leaves. i sometimes wake to find Java there. Chip usually sleeps in the hall on the floor - at least, when i wake up, that's where i see him. Cable seems to prefer the sofa.
post #20 of 25
Both boys sleep on the bed, Bit sleeps right next to my head. Scratch curled up around my feet.
post #21 of 25
Tiger likes to sleep on my arm like I am holding him like a teddy bear. He is my kitty bear.
post #22 of 25
well, this may sound strange but stoli loves to either sleep in the crook of my knees or *GASP* right in my crotch.....it's annoying because i toss and turn, but it's also cute.
post #23 of 25
Madden likes to lay on top of the blanket, right between my knees. He gets rathar annoyed when I move!
post #24 of 25
Sash is always on the bed with us, he's usually in the crook of my arms especially if it's cold... and I fall asleep with my arm around him. If it's warmer he's stretched out right along side of me on the sheets. Always by his momma though....I wouldn't have it any other way.
post #25 of 25
Lukas sleeps on top of my feet between the top sheet & quilt -
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Where Do They Sleep?