Tupperware

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you belive it that I do not own a single bit of tupperware? Now i have the cheap stuff, the gladeware and other random rubbermaid or what not from the dollar store, lol but everyone in my family tells me i need REAL tupperware.
that its not the same.

So what is everyones feeling on that?

Bonus for me, I won a $75 GC to tupperware at a party so i did some shopping, I am still waiting on my order.

I also won a 7pc Pitcher and Tumbler set, for $12 lol so i will find out soon enough right?

But..any die hard tupperware fans out there? lol

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My late aunt was one. After she died, what she had bought and never used was passed out to family members.

I wouldn't be surprised if we still have some pieces from when I was a toddler - glasses complete with the dog's teeth marks. I used to throw the glass to the dog when I finished what was in the glass.

Loved the parties just to get an orange peeler. They were always getting lost. We also keep Mom's insulin in one while in the fridge.

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don;t have any proper Tupperware, but the cheap stuff suits me fine as I am always leaving my plastics at other's homes. I'm really into Pampered Chef right now and I'm having a party on Saturday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oooo i do love pampered chef but my mom stole all of mine!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
plastic is plastic...tupperware is tupperware....why spend $40buck on a set of fancy stuff when you could buy the same stuff for $10? I think the gladware stuff is great...i use it all the time. And it's not too expensive. Dollar Tree also has some good stuff

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

plastic is plastic...tupperware is tupperware....why spend $40buck on a set of fancy stuff when you could buy the same stuff for $10? I think the gladware stuff is great...i use it all the time. And it's not too expensive. Dollar Tree also has some good stuff
LOL thats what i have always thought. but my family insists..lol and i have had a problem with my gladware staining bad and warping, lol

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually have a teeny Tupperware cup that was from when I was a baby, so its about 46 years old - and the lid is not lost!

I always bought the cheap stuff, but my friend used to sell Tupperware. She was always telling me how much better Tupperware was.
One day I was putting a party platter (the cheap kind) in the fridge. Well, the lid popped off and my food went all over the floor. Of course my Tupperware friend was standing right there.

IMO the real cheap dollar store stuff doesn't hold up, but Rubbermaid is great and the "disposable" Glad, etc. stuff that no one really throws out is fine. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty happy with my cottage cheese and sour cream containers...

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like tupperware. Its much better but you do have to be careful you don't lose it. I've been keeping salad in some and it stays very fresh!! I do like the zip lock containers because they seem to be cat proof. I like my tupperware steamer- I've cooked clams in it, and I also have a shredder thing too.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well i am eagerly doing my dance to see how I like it. I also got myself a special salad container with an air lid thing, i dunno it looked cool and i got it for 70% off, lol.

I was impressed at a show once, there was this one container a rock and serve? that the lady stood on and it was fine. I know i couldnt do that with my cheap stuff, lol

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

Well i am eagerly doing my dance to see how I like it. I also got myself a special salad container with an air lid thing, i dunno it looked cool and i got it for 70% off, lol.

I was impressed at a show once, there was this one container a rock and serve? that the lady stood on and it was fine. I know i couldnt do that with my cheap stuff, lol
I don't like the rock n serve.. the tops are too hard to put on, though yes they are durable. I own two of them. Hubby sometimes brings them into work with his leftovers.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

Rubbermaid is great and the "disposable" Glad, etc. stuff that no one really throws out is fine. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty happy with my cottage cheese and sour cream containers...
Sounds just like me

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zak&rocky

I don't like the rock n serve.. the tops are too hard to put on, though yes they are durable. I own two of them. Hubby sometimes brings them into work with his leftovers.
awww. well i didnt get me any of those just knew i was impressed she could stand on it.

I got soe of the freeze right stuff to store Maias food in, and a bunch of other goodies. i just wish they would be here already.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

LOL thats what i have always thought. but my family insists..lol and i have had a problem with my gladware staining bad and warping, lol
spaghetti stains, chili stains..anything with tomato sauce stains i think- i did find an easy way to solve that problem though- when you clean it, mix in a little bleach - just a pinch and let it sit in soap and soak for a few minutes....when you get ready to wash it out, you won't have any stains and it'll be nice and clean. Sometimes i save my yogurt and butter containers and use those too

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

spaghetti stains, chili stains..anything with tomato sauce stains i think- i did find an easy way to solve that problem though- when you clean it, mix in a little bleach - just a pinch and let it sit in soap and soak for a few minutes....when you get ready to wash it out, you won't have any stains and it'll be nice and clean.
I think I read that setting plastic dishes in the sun gets rid of stains.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

spaghetti stains, chili stains..anything with tomato sauce stains i think- i did find an easy way to solve that problem though- when you clean it, mix in a little bleach - just a pinch and let it sit in soap and soak for a few minutes....when you get ready to wash it out, you won't have any stains and it'll be nice and clean. Sometimes i save my yogurt and butter containers and use those too
would love to but i cant use bleach. I am highly allergic to it. and when ever steve uses it i have to leave the house for at least 6 hours after its been used.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be die hard tupperware. In fact I sold it for quite a while when my kids were small. However, I've changed my ways and opted for the cheaper stuff these days! I especially like the throw away stuff. I still like tupperware... just think it's over priced. At least for my budget!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know they sell tupperware at Target???
I have lots and lots of Tupperware that I invested in yrs ago. I store most of my dry stuff like flour, rice, noodles, some spices all that kind of stuff properly labeled of course!! It takes up lots less room than all the containers and I think keeps better too. I do have the cheap stuff but why keep in buying that stuff when you could have invested in Tupperware in the 1st place??