Soooo, It seems that i have 3 little foster kittens now lol

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So today when i was shopping for some groceries i got a call on my cell from the bartlett animal shelter. I of course thought they were calling to tell me that Harley had found a home..(he has been swooning all of the ladies up at the shelter since Sat. lol, i went to visit him yesterday and he had run of the ENTIRE office- can we say spoiled!
) well, the call had nothing to do with Harley. They told me that some good samaritan had brought in 3 litte kittens that they had found by a storage shed. 2 boys were there and they say them trying to hurt the kittens so the good samaritans shoowed them away and took the kittens to the shelter. We think the boys killed the momma
. That makes me soo sad- people really need to teach their children from an early age that animals are to be treated with respect!
I hope Colin finds them and takes them to Juvie Hall! (he's a cop). So anyways, i checked out as fast as i could and high-tailed it all the way to the other side of town to pick up the kittens. There is 3 of them. They look to be about a week and 1/2 to two weeks ....eyes are just now opening, and they are solid black with little white specks- they're prescious babies! The largest two weigh almost 6 oz. and the smallest weighs 5 1/2oz. The largest kitten is nursing on it's own from the bottle which is really encouraging...i'm having to work with the other two but they're doing well. I'm still a bit concerned about the runt, but i think he will pull through
. I'm taking really good care of them, so hopefully they will all make it.
. The largest two are starting to run around everywhere in their carrier...the smallest one isn't moving too much but i've been giving it extra liquids so it should perk up soon- it's already looking better than it was earlier
. Wish me luck with these 3 little angels! I will post pictures of them later...my main priority at the moment is keeping them warm and not photographing them. Soon as they show some improvement i'll post some pics- they're cuties! I'm pretty sure it's 3 boys but it's still a bit soon to tell accurately. I'm open to name suggestions

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thats about the age I got my little orphan. I'm only supposed to be a foster mommy but I think this little guy is gonna grow on me and I wont wanna give him up. hes my little precious...with sharp teeth and needle like claws that must always be driven into my leg if i walk anywhere near...aww thats love!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

thats about the age I got my little orphan. I'm only supposed to be a foster mommy but I think this little guy is gonna grow on me and I wont wanna give him up. hes my little precious...with sharp teeth and needle like claws that must always be driven into my leg if i walk anywhere near...aww thats love!
lol
sounds like my kitties.
. Maybe you will keep the little guy? Does he have a name? He sounds like a cutie!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Bless you for giving the kittens the chance to live and grow!
Aww thanks! It's not hard to do- they're prescious! As soon as they start to get a little more comfortable in their new environment and seem to gain more strength, i'll post some pics of them. I don't want to stress them out any right now, and since they've just began to open their eyes, the light could hurt them. Hummm...maybe i'll sneak a pic while they sleep- they're adorable. I just got finished up feeding them. The biggest one is eating like a little piglet, the middle one is doing alright but i'd like to see him eat a bit more, and the little one seemed more perky...so i hope they're improving. I'll be up around 3 am to feed them again lol.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

We think the boys killed the momma
. That makes me soo sad- people really need to teach their children from an early age that animals are to be treated with respect!
This is just horrible - Poor Mama cat - thank god the babies are in your hands
and to think what type of people the boys will grow into...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor babies, good on you for helping them!

How about Larry, Curly and Moe for names?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Poor babies, good on you for helping them!

How about Larry, Curly and Moe for names?
i actually thought about naming them that yesterday if they all turn out to be boys

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hell603

This is just horrible - Poor Mama cat - thank god the babies are in your hands
and to think what type of people the boys will grow into...
I really hope those boys get caught doing something else by the Bartlett Police so that they can set them straight! People really need to teach their kids the proper respect for all living things....but then again, some people don't even show respect or love towards their children....maybe that is the case in those boys who hurt killed the momma cat. However it still doesn't justify their actions and they need to learn that they can not do that and certain cruel behaviors such as that are simply unacceptable.
ok, i'm done preaching now. I'm just glad someone brought the kittens into the shelter when they saw that happening. I only wish they got a description and called the cops to though...But at least for now, the kittens are safe and warm with full bellies. I think they're going to be DLS....their fur is chocolate,and black with tiny white specks-
their wiskers are long...i've never seen such tiny kittens with such long wiskers...they're usually stubby at that age. They're adorable! I went out last night and bought some extra bottles from petco...and a few really soft plush stuffed animals from the dollar store- they LOVE the stuffed animal in their carrier now. They never want to get off of the heating pad eithor lol
- but once they're out, the largest two run everywhere! The biggest one puts my little Siamese girl Jasmine to scream with his "lovely vocal preformances".
The middle one is gaining weight well and is starting to be very affectionate..The runt still concerns me a bit, but it has improved from yesterday and gained a few grams when i weighed him today. Keep sending good vibes...we're in it for the long run, and those early morning feedings
....Speaking of which, i'm still exhausted.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so i just got another call from the Bartlett Animal Shelter....to possibly take in a little white kitten with conjunctivitious....i saw it the other day when i was up at the shelter and he had it pretty bad...but my friend was fostering it up there at the time, so i didn't think anything of it. Today they decided that he needed to be put in a foster home so as not to expose the other kitties up at the shelter,so they called to see if i could foster it too. I feel bad because i told them no- but at the same time, i have a responsibility to my 4 girls to keep them healthy ...and to the 3 little ones i took on yesterday who do not have any signs of conjunctivitious. I just don't want to risk spreading it all throughout my house and to the foster babies. Not to mention the potential health issues and medical problems that could result from it. If i didn't have my other foster kittens i would take it, because i can keep it seperated from my girls- but since i have the other 3 i don't have room for anymore and can't sperate them...so i felt it was only right not to take the little one in. Am i horrible? My friend said she totally understood and it was cool...but i told her if she gets anymore in that aren't sickly i don't mind fostering them, it's just i don't want my girls to get sick from it you know. What do you think? I feel kinda bad.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have some bad news- the middle kitten....not the runt, and not the strongest one...passed away around 2:30am last night. I think it had fading kitten syndrome. I had just finished feeding and weighing the other two and was about to feed that one when i noticed he wasn't moving or breathing. After several attempts to resussitate and stimulate him, he still showed no improvement or signs of life, so we put the little baby to rest. It was really sad, but at that age, it was not unexpected. I think the other two will be just fine though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The other two kittens are doing wonderful. The runt has gained a few grams and is moving around a lot more, and the largest kittens is still just as spunks and has put on a few grams also. Today, I also brought home another kitten from the Bartlett Animal Shelter...He is about a week older than the other two, and was found taped shut in a shoebox on the doorstep of the shelter
. He is a ragdoll mix from what we can tell and is doing quite well. He nurses well, is attempting to use a litter pan, and runs around everywhere. He has a little cold and a small infection in his eyes so he is seperate from the other two but he is doing wonderful! His name is "Lex". I'll post some pictures of all 3 of them later on. They are all snuggled asleep in their carriers and cages with their heating pads, and stuffed animals

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a little update on the kitties- they're doing awesome!!! Their colds are going away, they're eating well now and gaining weight, and they're spunky as ever and playing constantly
. I took some pictures earlier. I'll post them later

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry you lost a kitten! They are so lucky to have you to turn to! I'm glad all seem to be doing well.

It always feels bad to say no to a foster, but you can't do it all. I agree with not risking your entire family and foster family by bringing in a sick kitten!

I'll bet they are just adorable!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel bad i lost the little one too, but at least he had a warm home and food in his tummy for a little while and was loved- that made a difference in his little life even if it was only for a few hours
. I'm almost definite he died of Fading Kitten Syndrome. We laid the little one to rest and he is in a better place now. The other two are doing wonderful now though!Actually, i did wind up bringing in the sick kitten- and as of now- he's almost 100% since i've had him. I waited until he had a few doses of medicine to bring him in so he wouldn't be contagious. I've had him about 3 days now...his name is Lex...and he's adorable! He's a little ragdoll mix. My other two little black kittens are doing wonderful! They're gaining weight, playing, eating, and getting to be quite spunky! All three are doing wonderful!
I just snapped some adorable pictures of them all playing together before "lunch time". I'm about to post them on here for everyone to see! Thankyou for keeping up with the thread
, the kittens and i appreciate it! Oh, and my little Torti-point Siamese Jasmine has officially "adopted" all 3 of the kittens...when they are out, she carries them by the hide, grooms them, kisses them and loves on them- it's sooo sweet! I have such sweet kitties

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some pictures of my adroable little foster kittens! The white one is a ragdoll mix- his name is Lex. They two little black ones are dmh or dlh...can't tell yet...and i've yet to name them.
All of their pictures are on the first page. They need baths, but i'm waiting until they're a little bit better before i bathe them- don't want to chill them...so until then they get baby wipe baths and dry shampoo brushings
. I'll be adding more pictures, and i will definitely add some good ones after i groom them when they're a bit older. Enjoy!

This is their photobucket album with all of their little pictures from today

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...al&media=image

Here are my favorite pictures of each of the new foster kitties! If anyone knows how to resize them,feel free to shrink them. I'm having issues trying to resize all of my pictures within TCS guidelines. I tried to resize them with photobucket and couldn't quite get it right. :/
[/IMG]
Hi! I'm the runt! I weighed 6oz and 9grams today!

[/IMG]
I'm the big brother! I'm pushing 7oz today!!!

[/IMG]
Hi! I'm Lex!
I weighed 9oz and 2grams today!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She does groom them a bit lol. It's prescious. I'm seriously debating bathing Lex at the moment- the baby wipes and dry bath stuff just isn't cutting it. He needed a bath when i picked him up from the shelter- he's just been so sick and in such fragile health i've been waiting....i don't want him to get chilled or frightened by the hair dryer. However, since he's improved soo much lately...i think i will give him one this week and just make sure he's really dry. I'm going to hold off on bathing the little black kittens for a bit longer though because they're still much smaller and more fragile- also, they're very clean and i've been able to keep their coats nice and managable with baby wipes and dry shampoo- so they'll be alright for a while.
. I will have to take a picture of Jasmine and the babies and post it the next time i catch them having a "sweet moment".

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Aww thank god for the good samaritan
The angels were watching over them that day

I hope and pray those brats
are caught for what they did,I'm sure Colin will try his best to do something about them.

How good of you
to offer your home as a refuge for these poor kitties
,It is a shame there aren't more people like you in the world.
I know the cats that come into our rescue really depend so much on foster carers,In fact if it weren't for the foster carers a lot of the cats and kittens would have to either stay on the streets or stay on a waiting list to come in.

I am so sorry for the kitten
that died,but at least the kitty felt some love in the short time he/she lived.

I know these kitties are in good hands with you,but I'll still say prayers for their health.

They are adorable

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryferals

Aww thank god for the good samaritan
The angels were watching over them that day

I hope and pray those brats
are caught for what they did,I'm sure Colin will try his best to do something about them.

How good of you
to offer your home as a refuge for these poor kitties
,It is a shame there aren't more people like you in the world.
I know the cats that come into our rescue really depend so much on foster carers,In fact if it weren't for the foster carers a lot of the cats and kittens would have to either stay on the streets or stay on a waiting list to come in.

I am so sorry for the kitten
that died,but at least the kitty felt some love in the short time he/she lived.

I know these kitties are in good hands with you,but I'll still say prayers for their health.

They are adorable
Thankyou for keeping up with this thread. Your prayers and comments are very, very much appreciated! I also hope that those boys who hurt the kittens momma will be cought...and hopefully taught a new respect for animal life while they're still young and can make a positive change for the better. I've really been praying for those boys- i was really mad at first, but now it just saddens me...they must have never felt love and been tought how to care...otherwise this tradgedy wouldn't have happened. I really hope that the next time they do something like this, they will be cought....and mentoured...maybe it's not to late for them to do a 180 and learn to care and love animals. That would be wonderful
. As for the kittens...they just had another meal about an hour ago and they're all sound asleep now on their heating pads with their stuffed animals- they're sooo prescious!
These little angels will have no trouble finding a great home when they're old enough. I'm going in the morning back up to the shelter to get some more formula- they've almost gone through the entire container! I've also been supplimenting with a little bit of baby food. They're all little piglets
. But that's a good thing- at least they have a healthy appetite. Once again, thankyou for keeping up with the thread!
have a great night!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So i'm trying to make it up until 3am so i can feed them and get a few hrs of sleep. I think i will just feed them a little early and get to bed. I'm exhausted!