What do you wear?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To work? Are you able to dress casual, or do you have to dress in business attire?

I'm pretty lucky - they are really nice about what I can wear since I work in a body shop. I am pretty careful about wearing heels - cuz when you walk into the shop and its all wet on the floor, you can slip and fall pretty easily!

I can wear jeans and a nice shirt - as long as I don't look sloppy.

What about you?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My work has the best dress code ever: nothing too low cut, no spaghetti strap tank tops, no offensive words on t-shirts, no plastic flip flops, no daisy dukes and keep the holes in your jeans to a minimum.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Business casual for me. Though we tend to be more casual. Especially in the summer. Usually I wear dress pants and some type of knit top in the winter and a skirt (knee length or longer) and sleeveless top in the summer.

rachey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What are daisy dukes?

I work in an office and the dress is casual / smart.

We can wear jeans on a friday, but the restof the week its smartish trousers and a nice top. Tho during the summer the girls all wear strappy vest tops and flip flops.

jin & spawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A gun. Well, you know, with a uniform and badge and everything. If I had to figure out what to wear to work every day it would take me hours. I like the uniform - it narrows the choices down to 'dress shirt' or 'casual shirt'!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rachey

What are daisy dukes?

I work in an office and the dress is casual / smart.

We can wear jeans on a friday, but the restof the week its smartish trousers and a nice top. Tho during the summer the girls all wear strappy vest tops and flip flops.
Short shorts... don't you remember Dukes of Hazard?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear a gross navy blue t-shirt that's too big, khaki pants, and sandals (no flippyflops). The t-shirt says "tour guide" and the name of the school on the front, which means that anytime someone sees me on the way to or from work they think I will know the answer to any question they have. Including where is "random person's name" right now? I don't know. There are like 40,000 people here on any given day!

Why on earth would the uniform of people who have to work outside in summer be NAVY BLUE?!?!?!?!?!

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can wear whatever I want. Also, I can dye my hair any color and get whatever piercings or tattoos or whatnot. But I do have an on-campus job with my college. So that's the norm.

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Why on earth would the uniform of people who have to work outside in summer be NAVY BLUE?!?!?!?!?!
When I was an orientation leader at the U of A for the summer, we had to wear heavy knit polo shirts. I'm a small person and the shirt was 3 sizes too big. We had two different shirts, one for day one one for day 2. One was red and white stripes and the other was a black/beige houndstooth pattern. Giving tours across a campus in 100 degree heat is absolutely miserable, plus we had to wear backpacks that weighed about 30 lbs.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Fortunately for me we have no set dress code. I usually wear jeans and whatever top I put my hand on.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just work at the pet store down the street, so, even though I love dressing in cute clothes, they actually prefer that you dress down since cleaning can be a little messy.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I'm the boss anything goes. But for meeting clients a nice polo shirt and khaki shorts unless its a commercial client then I might wear a skirt. For working its shorts, sporta bra and a clean tank top-no slogans on anything. And work boots/socks!! And my gardening hat too!!

witchykitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I now work in a very casual office, and certain people dress anyway they want. I still dress the way I always have, which is business casual- I mean why dress down because other people do? I guess I'm following mom's advice to not jump off a cliff just because other people have!!!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've always needed to wear scrubs which is really handy. I can get fun, pretty designs, they're very easy to maintain, and it eliminates the "what should I wear today?".

For the last couple of months, though, I've been in the office, and since I'm usually in the back, for the first time in years, I can wear whatever I want (within reason). This has been fun for a change, especially since it's Summer, and I've been pretty much wearing my favorite jeans, tops, and sandals!

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine is business casual. Meaning, basically you have to dress up.
I wish I could wear jeans to work!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last couple days it's been casual since the new semester hasn't started yet and the students aren't attending. But tomorrow we have to start wearing business casual because the dean will be in. They said it doesn't have to be high heels or anything. Just no jeans

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to wear a uniform

A white button up dress shirt with a navy blue tie, with navy blue dress pants and black shoes.

In the summer though we are allowed to wear a company golf shirt instead of the tie

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My job is business casual. This time of year, I usually wear peasant or broomstick skirts, with a nice blouse and my ever-present high heels. Come winter, I'll be in suits, dress pants or blazer/skirt/pants combos.

We are allowed to wear jeans, on Fridays and Saturdays but, not T-shirts.