I need sleep vibes

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey guys, could you please send some vibes that I can get a decent night's sleep tonight? I haven't slept more than 3-4 hours the past several nights. I've been tossing and turning worrying about work, cat stuff, etc...

There's some really interesting stuff on TV in the middle of the night. I'm thinking about ordering a juicer and maybe trying my hand at real estate investment. I might also apply to appear on elimiDATE.

Last night I even tried taking a Tylenol PM. Didn't work. Tried taking a warm bath. No luck. So I laid there watching TV with the kitties all dozing peacefully around me. How is that fair?

Any vibes you can spare and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending some {{{{{sleep vibes}}}}}!

Have you tried a glass of wine before bed? Alcohol makes me incredibly sleepy!

Good luck!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eileen, don't you just wish there was a switch to "turn off" our brains? When you have too much on your mind to go to sleep, I think of a good childhood memory......something soothing...............and before you know it, I'm waking up!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried Melatonin? It is a good way to fall asleep naturally. You will wake up with out feeling groggy or moody. The only thing that stinks is that it isn't safety coated so I get an upset tummy.

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a similar request... last night I woke up no less than SIX times...
for no apparent reason. Although I've been having awful dreams lately. And I keep waking up with headaches.

So {{{sleep vibes}}} for you, elicon, but please send some back!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you've posted your concerns here, but have you tried journalling? Sometimes when I can't turn my brain off, I'll get up and go into the other room (so I don't wake my boyfriend up), and write down everything that's bothering me in my journal. That way, I'm expressing my worries and fears (which I usually can't do anything about at 3 o'clock in the morning anyway!), the activity I'm doing helps to relax me, and I'm not just tossing and turning in bed and worrying about stuff I can't fix.

One of the most important things to do when you're suffering from insomnia is to get out of bed. Go sit someplace else and read or write in your journal or just meditate: watching television just wakes your mind up even more (although it seldom feels like that!). If you just lie in bed and toss and turn, you get more and more frustrated by your inability to sleep. This frustration in turn makes it harder for you to fall asleep, and you keep an eye on the clock and watch the minutes tick by.

Good luck! I'm sending "happy, restful sleep" vibes your way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beccory

I have a similar request... last night I woke up no less than SIX times...
for no apparent reason. Although I've been having awful dreams lately. And I keep waking up with headaches.

So {{{sleep vibes}}} for you, elicon, but please send some back!
You poor thing!
That's even more frustrating. Sending lots of sleep vibes your way.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have a wonderfull eye pillow that helps me with sleep its been a miracle for me.

Its got lavender and mint in it

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
try drinking some Sleepytime Tea, I swear I drank that one time and I couldn't even wake up the next morning it knocked me out so well! but then again I don't have trouble sleeping
it was for my heartburn
i think celestial seasonings makes it

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

I know you've posted your concerns here, but have you tried journalling? Sometimes when I can't turn my brain off, I'll get up and go into the other room (so I don't wake my boyfriend up), and write down everything that's bothering me in my journal. That way, I'm expressing my worries and fears (which I usually can't do anything about at 3 o'clock in the morning anyway!), the activity I'm doing helps to relax me, and I'm not just tossing and turning in bed and worrying about stuff I can't fix.

One of the most important things to do when you're suffering from insomnia is to get out of bed. Go sit someplace else and read or write in your journal or just meditate: watching television just wakes your mind up even more (although it seldom feels like that!). If you just lie in bed and toss and turn, you get more and more frustrated by your inability to sleep. This frustration in turn makes it harder for you to fall asleep, and you keep an eye on the clock and watch the minutes tick by.

Good luck! I'm sending "happy, restful sleep" vibes your way!
Thanks so much! I actually do journal a lot, though not usually in the middle of the night. I'll have to try it, instead of watching TV!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Eileen, you lay down, and your physically exhausted, but the brain just won't shut off??? That is exactly what happens to me! Hope you get a good night sleep tonight!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I normally try to read, to "escape" whatever is bothering me. I hope you sleep well tonight

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just hate it when the movie in your mind won't stop playing!

I don't have any real suggestions. When I'm having trouble getting to sleep I have a simple melody that I repeat and "play" with my fingers. Usually concentrating on that makes the movie stop (or lower in volume anyway
). Oh, and Celestial Seasonings does make SleepyTime tea. They're a little (or what started as a little) company out of Boulder, Colorado and they still only use natural ingredients in their teas and such.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just be happy you don't have to fight this battle every night. If it continues, go to the doctor. I have severe insomnia and trust me, I know how you feel. The only difference is that I haven't had a good night sleep in 12 years. I consider myself lucky if I sleep 3-4 hours. I have tried so many different medications, none keep me asleep. I always wake up numerous times at night. I toss and turn every night. You think after so long fighting with it, I should be used to it. I'm not. It's horrible.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Well Eileen, how did you sleep?
Much better, thanks to you guys!
I was out by a little after 9:00 and slept until right before the alarm went off.
Thank you so much for the vibes!