Hello - Im new! Meet my little kitties...

rachey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi All.

Thought i would introduce myself seeing as i have already asked for advice in the behaviour forum!

My name is rachel and i live on the Isle of Wight.

I currently have 4 cats - yes 4! Tho 2 of them are my mums.

These are her 2 - Kotty is the tabby and Kitty is the black. Boy and girl, and kotty is half maine coon half moggie and we arent sure about kitty.

Now these are my 2, purely indoor cats as they are pedigree - first we have Riley, a 1 year old Ragdoll:

Riley doing is "raggie flop" with Jasmine for company:

This is Jasmine, shes a 6month old Norwegian Forest Cat;

And here they both are together:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh im wondering if ihave posted this in the wrong forum....sorry if ihave!

rachey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I want to get this thread moved into the photos forum - i feel it is beinbg overlooked here!

rachey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!

I was just worried i had posted it in the wrong forum and would get told off!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what bundles of fur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love the norwegian!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love them all they are beauties and the norweigian forest cat is very unsual around here I had never seen one before she's a beauty what kind of temperment do the norweigians forest cats have?

rachey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
NFCs are very loving, but they generally have one person they prefer, and jasmine has definitely chosen me, shes very docile with me whereas with other people although she will go up to them and rub round them, she doesnt let them pick her up.

They are great climbers so i had to invest in a huge climbing frame for her, which she loves.

Her and riley are very different tho, hes so laid back and lazy, and shes always on the go, catching flies and tearing around. They compliment eachother tho.

This is the climbing frame i got her:

When shes older she should be really fluffy, with a huge ruff and bushy tail!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jasmine, what a FABULOUS specimen of Norweigan Forest Cat you are!!! Beautiful. Riley is lovely as well! And the expression on Kotty's face says, "I am not amused by photography!!!"
Kitty is a sweetheart as well. What a sweet bunch of kitties you have...welcome!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome!

Glad to see more NFCs here!
Your kitties are all gorgeous, though I am of course partial to Jasmine.

Spaz is my NFC, the tortie in my sig.

rachey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Jasmine, what a FABULOUS specimen of Norweigan Forest Cat you are!!! Beautiful. Riley is lovely as well! And the expression on Kotty's face says, "I am not amused by photography!!!"
Kitty is a sweetheart as well. What a sweet bunch of kitties you have...welcome!
Kotty always looks like that, hes the most miserable looking cat ive ever seen, but hes actually really happy usually!

Arlyn - how old is your NFC? Has she got a big ruff? I cant tell properly from your sig, but she looks beautiful! Was she a bit....manic...as a kitten? I do hope they calm down!! Do you let her out or is she an indoor cat? Jasmine is indoors but i take her out in the garden on her harness.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well she's gorgous, do NFC's get very big she looks like she is still a very young cat. My cat is a domestic short hair and she is a bit big she is about 11 pounds. I love all cats but for some reason big cats seem so snuggly.

rachey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Well she's gorgous, do NFC's get very big she looks like she is still a very young cat. My cat is a domestic short hair and she is a bit big she is about 11 pounds. I love all cats but for some reason big cats seem so snuggly.
NFC females get to be about 12 - 14lbs i think, and males a bit bigger. Shes about right for her size but where shes so fluffy she looks bigger.

Radolls can be about 22lbs ive heard, riley is 15lbs and hes only a year old :eek:

I love all cats aswel, and ive always had a thing for tabbies.

Your cat looks exactly the same as my brothers, hes a big bold cat, both gorgeous!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's 12 years old.
She used to get a huge ruff, now she just keeps a moderate mane year round.
More than a ruff, she used to double her size in the winter

She's very tiny for her breed due to problems as a kitten, but you can't tell she small until you pick her up

ETA: She was an absolute MONSTER as a kitten.
She didn't become my sweet, always affectionate cat until she was around 2.
Now she gives hugs and drools whenever possible.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I think my girl is gorgous too. I am just taken back by your nfc maybe is because they are not common around here. Seems like the breeds of choice around here are persians and siamese cats. and for the most part moggies.

rachey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

ETA: She was an absolute MONSTER as a kitten.
She didn't become my sweet, always affectionate cat until she was around 2.
Now she gives hugs and drools whenever possible.
REALLY? Oh my word!! So its normal then? Because jasmine really is a nightmare sometimes, she runs up the curtains, knocks things over, shes so manic. She likes to be stroked on her terms but is far less affectionate than riley..so can i assume she WILL get better?

Ill look forward to her getting a bigruff as well!

Sorry about Spaz being poorly as a kitten, but she looks like shes grown into a beautiful girl

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it's apparently quite normal, don't forget to factor in the "tortitude".

Don't be sorry about her problems, if she hadn't had them, I likely never would have been fortunate enough to adopt her.
She's my soul mate, I simply don't know what life would be like without her.

rachey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Yeah I think my girl is gorgous too. I am just taken back by your nfc maybe is because they are not common around here. Seems like the breeds of choice around here are persians and siamese cats. and for the most part moggies.
Yeah ive noticed how popular persians and siamese are as well. I have to say, as much as i adore my pedigrees, you cant beat a good old moggie!

I actually used to have another cat before i got jasmine. When i got riley from the breeder, they also had a litter of Persian/Ragdoll cross kittens and i adored them, so they said i could have one to keep riley company.

I called him murphy, he was 10 weeks old and riley was 14 weeks old when i got them and they ADORED eachother, they did everything together.

Unfortunately when murphy was 8 months old, which is about 6 months ago now, he developed FIP. It was so sudden, one week he was fine, the next week i was having him put to sleep.
Id never even heard of FIP. So a few weeks later, after seeing how miserable riley was, i got jasmine!

This is murphy: