Purraise
I fixed a HUGE pot of potato soup tonight. I love it, especially with cheese

I get down to the bottom of the bowl and find a suprise......Reilly hair

It's not dinner w/o cat hair!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I Love potato soup, I make one also with jalapenos ( Not MUCH ) and lots of jack cheese, but this you don't thicken it, I like cream of potato soup, but this hot one will keep you eating it's GREAT

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmm...potato soup! I have a great one I make in the fall/winter months with a little low fat sour cream, some bacon and some scallions in it.
YUUUUUUUUUM!

Panera's potato soup is awesome too but not so good for ya, sadly.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the best cookbook that has just potato recipes!!! Like 250 recipes with potatoes as it main ingredient!! I love potato soup too!!

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I have the best cookbook that has just potato recipes!!! Like 250 recipes with potatoes as it main ingredient!! I love potato soup too!!
Which cookbook is this?? I love potatoes.......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah clue me in! I am a potato freak

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That cookbook sounds like a must have for me too!!! mmmmm po-ta-toes
I even will eat them raw

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gather your potato soup recipe ala Reilly will not be making it into the TCS Cookbook?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The name of the cookbook is called One Potato Two Potato by Roy Finamore w/Molly Stevens. When I go the the libray I usually check out some cookbooks, if I start copying down lots of recipes I go and buy the book in this case was $35 retail. It have 300 recipes and is almost 600 pages but an awesome book to have!! They have 26 recipes for different potato soups-my fav is a potato and meatball soup lots it has lots of ingredients but is really good and different!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well you sure eat soup a different way I usually use a soup bowl and a spoon!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Well you sure eat soup a different way I usually use a soup bowl and a spoon!!
oh my goodness!

Seriously though, if anyone lives in an area where there are Eat 'n Park restaurants, PA, OH & WV, that's my weekend job, they have potato soup that is to die for!!

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

The name of the cookbook is called One Potato Two Potato by Roy Finamore w/Molly Stevens. When I go the the libray I usually check out some cookbooks, if I start copying down lots of recipes I go and buy the book in this case was $35 retail. It have 300 recipes and is almost 600 pages but an awesome book to have!! They have 26 recipes for different potato soups-my fav is a potato and meatball soup lots it has lots of ingredients but is really good and different!!
Mmmmm, thank you!! Potatoes are always good and usually inexpensive for me to get... so I'm always looking for new ways to dress them up.

Plus, now we're moving to a much colder area for a year, and hot potato recipies will be invaluable!!

Thank you!

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi Dixie

So what recipe do you use for this great sounding soup of yours ?

I can do cat hairs, no problem. Is there a colour preference ? Does tabby flavour compliment the cheese better than ginger/orange.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by VampireCat

Hi Dixie

So what recipe do you use for this great sounding soup of yours ?

I can do cat hairs, no problem. Is there a colour preference ? Does tabby flavour compliment the cheese better than ginger/orange.

tuxedo is a good seasoning.

I peel about 10 potatos, boil them with water, butter, salt, onion salt, and a pinch of sugar until they're soft. Once they are soft, mush a couple up. Then take about 1 tblspoon of flour to a cup of milk and mix it together until it's smooth. Add it to the potatos and turn down the burner to a slow simmer. Let it simmer for about 15-20 mins and it will thicken. Add some cheese and it's done!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright, all you chefs need to get over to the fundraising thread and post your potato soup recipes! Fur and all!