Someone hit my truck

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got done processing a customer and was grabbing my keys to go to lunch. One of my spanish coworkers ran in the door and yelled Brandi! And a lot of stuff in spanish that the only thing I got out of was TRUCK.
The customer i had just processes backed his BIG government truck (think big sand colored truck with 4 foot wheels) into Lee's truck.
NOt a lot of damage but enough that its noticable and needs to be repaired. So I spent 45 minutes in the Hot Ga sun. So that is how my lunch break went!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH NO! Brandi, I am so sorry! Some people are so inconsiderate not to do anything about this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was truly an accident an the guys were really nice. Its just so hot out there!! I am waiting to see Lee's reaction as he won't know until I get home.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! I thought they drove off. Now that is good that they stayed and you knew that it was an accident. Trav would be VERY angry. I hope Lee stays calm

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lee isn't going to be happy. He LOVES his truck. He has put tons of $$$ into it. Aftermarket rims, stereo, body package, deep tint on the windows, tons of stuff.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh well i guess he knew that after the house was done he wouldn't have anymore money to play around with!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brandi that totally sucks for you guys! I had the entire side of my Lexus truck side wiped by a drunk driver in the middle of the night. It was $11,000 worth of damage, and I had to be in a rental car for 5 weeks till it was finished. While in the rental car, I was hit from behind by a small Rite Aid truck, and pushed into the car in front of me.... a 4 car pile up on the express way. Thank God you weren't in the truck while it happened! And it will be a huge P.I.T.A. dealing with getting it fixed & the insurance cos, but at least your safe! A few seconds later and you could've been in the truck getting ready to leave for your lunch! I hope you get it all taken care of soon!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your right lucky I wasn't in the truck. Its going to be a mess to work this all out anyway since it was a government vehicle. I don't know how that kind of thing works. I won't get the accident report for 7-10 days.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no!!

Like others said though....good thing you were not in the truck.

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you're safe! And I hope they pay for all the damage... sheesh!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure about down there, but when my BF's truck was hit by a city workers' they had it fixed really quickly, they didn't even put it through insurance, just brought it to the closest dealership and had it fixed... so fingers crossed it goes that easy for you.
Was he heartbroken by his baby being hit?

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, Brandi! That's the last thing you need!

Hopefully they will be able to get it fixed quickly and it'll look as good as new!

Yeah, how did Lee take it? I'd have been beyond annoyed if it had have been my baby!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't in too much trouble. The damage isn't that ugly. But Lee has instructed me that I have to park in the FURTHEST parking spot from the building. So this morning I felt like I was hiking into the office!

-ann-

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At least they stuck around. Someone hit our car when we were inside Target. We came out and found the damage. It looked like a truck or SUV hit it while backing out. They must have been backing up fast because it crushed in the trunk. No information left, no witnesses. And with a $500 deductible, we still haven't gotten it fixed yet.

Hopefully they'll get your truck fixed up soon!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Your right lucky I wasn't in the truck. Its going to be a mess to work this all out anyway since it was a government vehicle. I don't know how that kind of thing works. I won't get the accident report for 7-10 days.
Dealing with the insurance companies is the worst part!!! In my experience, that was a constant headache for me till it was all over.

Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Not sure about down there, but when my BF's truck was hit by a city workers' they had it fixed really quickly, they didn't even put it through insurance, just brought it to the closest dealership and had it fixed... so fingers crossed it goes that easy for you.
Was he heartbroken by his baby being hit?
****Hoping & praying it gets taken care of fast for you!!!*****

I wasn't in too much trouble. The damage isn't that ugly. But Lee has instructed me that I have to park in the FURTHEST parking spot from the building. So this morning I felt like I was hiking into the office!
omg, that sounds just like my husband!
He parks SO far away from places... and I complain cause I usually wear heels and then have to hike it so far alllllll the way there and then alllllll the way back!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well 2 girls in my office saw it happen so we knew who it was. They would have suffered far worse consequences had they left the scene of the accident. I work on an army base so it was a group of soldiers driving the big truck. Hopefully things work out well and quickly. i called the ford place and checked how much a chrome bumper would be and its $318 without installation.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well 2 girls in my office saw it happen so we knew who it was. They would have suffered far worse consequences had they left the scene of the accident. I work on an army base so it was a group of soldiers driving the big truck. Hopefully things work out well and quickly. i called the ford place and checked how much a chrome bumper would be and its $318 without installation.
Oh the joys of car repairs!
I know how you feel - I see people come in everyday with this kinda stuff, since I work in a Body Shop.... I know how much of a hassle it is!

Sending you many good vibes that you get it fixed soon!