blaaaaaaah

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I try not to whine, cause i know there a LOTS of people out there who have it way worse than I do, but I'm in such a rotten mood today
I wish I could just give in and have a good cry, but I'm at work right now, so not an option
I realize a big part of this is because I'm PMSing, which I don't usually have bad symptoms of, but when i do, yikes! I'm feeling overwhelmed about the cats I'm picking up tonight, I'm not regretting saying that I'll take them, but on a single income, I'm feeling a little apprehensive. I'm also having problems with the guy I'm very casually seeing, he's begininng to cause me alot more grief than this relationship is warranting, and I know I should just break it off, but I do care about him and don't want to abandon him (we've been "dating" if you want to call it that, for 16 months) and the arrangement usually works well for me, he doesn't want a lot of time or commitment, which is what I want also, but he's convinced that I'm seeing someone else
I'm starting to think he has a lot more invested in this thing than he's letting on
Sorry for the pity party....
on a happier note, I'm going to my 10 year high school reunion next month, at least I think that's a happier note

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katie Honey..........have a good cry!
Go ahead. I don't blame you. It's the PMS that's doing it I'm sure. It'll work out with the new kitties and as far as your beau thinking that there is more to this relationship than you want, sit down and have a talk with him..........let it all hang out and hopefully you two will come to a clear understanding............

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Susie
maybe I'll go lock myself in an office and have that cry... good thing I don't wear make-up

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done that here! When I come out after having my good cry, people ask if I'm ok and I say oh yeah, it's just a bad allergy attack!!

crys12065

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's okay we all have those days! Complain away!!! I am having a bad day myself. I just shooshed the whole office because they were so loud IMO. I have also been called a b@#%ch today! I am just not in the mood for anyone...so Do not feel bad!! Have a good cry and you will feel better!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My prescription for the PMS blues:
1 bottle of good red wine
1 bathtub full of your favorite scented bubbles
1 sappy cd that always makes you happy or sad (I like Norah Jones, or Sade)
2 un plugged phones in my house
1 locked front door
1 happy kitty to make mommy feel better

directions: lock door, unplug/turn off all phones, call happy kitty to follow you around as needed. Drink wine while soaking in tub listening to sappy cd, Note: do not get the cd player too close to the water! This will cause electricution! Cry as necessary.

Remember: This will all be over in about 4-7 days. You will be your tough-cookie self in no time!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

1 locked front door

directions: lock door, unplug/turn off all phones, call happy kitty to follow you around as needed. Drink wine while soaking in tub listening to sappy cd, Note: do not get the cd player too close to the water! This will cause electricution! Cry as necessary.

Remember: This will all be over in about 4-7 days. You will be your tough-cookie self in no time!
You forgot the chocolate...

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

You forgot the chocolate...
Oh, trust me, I've got that covered today, I think I've eaten 5 mini candy bars already and I'm showing no signs of stopping

Heather, I would love to take a bath, but my tub is to small! I can't stretch my legs out totally, so not really worth it
I haven't had a nice bubble bath in probably five years (don't worry, I do take showers though
) The drink sounds good though, but I'm thinking more along the lines of a couple shots of tequila

and Crys, I've got my headphones on full blast today, so nobody better even try to talk to me "I can't hear yoooooou!!"

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Katie, weren't you supposed to pick up your new little ones Sunday?
it got rescheduled to tonight, the only time that was good to get them was Sunday morning, and with the lunch, I didn't want to bring them home and then leave everyone to their own devices
no telling what I would've come home too

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

it got rescheduled to tonight, the only time that was good to get them was Sunday morning, and with the lunch, I didn't want to bring them home and then leave everyone to their own devices
no telling what I would've come home too
I seee.........well, it'll be fine............there will be some hissing at first, which is to be expected.....but it'll be fine!

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

1 locked front door

Excellent advice!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm PMS'ing right now too...crying spells, wanting to just lay down, MOODY, what not. It's the worst! Have a good cry!!!! It will help.

And don't worry about the kitties...they'll bring some joy into your crappy day!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I seee.........well, it'll be fine............there will be some hissing at first, which is to be expected.....but it'll be fine!
Yeah, but the way Katie's day is going, I wouldnt be surprised if she is the one doing the hissing!

Feel free to whine away Katie. It always makes me feel better. Have a good snuggle with your new babies tonight & with your resident ones, too. That should do the trick.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katie, I am so sorry you are feeling so crappy and down today. But don't worry. The kitties will make you so happy! If you need help though, you do have my number

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Oh, I'm PMS'ing right now too...crying spells, wanting to just lay down, MOODY, what not. It's the worst! Have a good cry!!!! It will help.

And don't worry about the kitties...they'll bring some joy into your crappy day!
Thanks, wookie, kitties do make me feel better, I honestly wish I could take a half day off today, but there are already too many people off in my dept, and go snuggle-wuggle

Originally Posted by white cat lover

Yeah, but the way Katie's day is going, I wouldnt be surprised if she is the one doing the hissing!

Feel free to whine away Katie. It always makes me feel better. Have a good snuggle with your new babies tonight & with your resident ones, too. That should do the trick.
You might be right Natalie, hissing or howling or something! it is good to whine sometimes, i suppose, I tend to internalize my issues a lot

Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

Katie, I am so sorry you are feeling so crappy and down today. But don't worry. The kitties will make you so happy! If you need help though, you do have my number
Thanks Courtney!
you've seen what a nut J can be first hand

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Oh, trust me, I've got that covered today, I think I've eaten 5 mini candy bars already and I'm showing no signs of stopping

Heather, I would love to take a bath, but my tub is to small! I can't stretch my legs out totally, so not really worth it
I haven't had a nice bubble bath in probably five years (don't worry, I do take showers though
) The drink sounds good though, but I'm thinking more along the lines of a couple shots of tequila

and Crys, I've got my headphones on full blast today, so nobody better even try to talk to me "I can't hear yoooooou!!"
Yes! I did forget chocolate!
Ok, since you can't take a bubble bath at home, I prescribe you make an appt at a spa! Or just sing the 1 tequilla, 2 tequilla, 3 tequilla, floor! song, and drink accordingly.

I think you will be fine with your new babies... of course it will be a challenge, and there will be an adjustment period, but think of all the happy little lives you will change! And although it is costly to care for so many kitties, perhaps you could just take it 1 kitten at a time, start with the shots, 1 this week, 1 next week, etc. Then, after they all have their shots, you can do the spay/neuter the same way.... or even 1 kitten per month. This way you can take it 1 day at a time, 1 kitten at a time, and still sleep at night! Lots of luck for your new babies!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yes! I did forget chocolate!
Ok, since you can't take a bubble bath at home, I prescribe you make an appt at a spa! Or just sing the 1 tequilla, 2 tequilla, 3 tequilla, floor! song, and drink accordingly.

I think you will be fine with your new babies... of course it will be a challenge, and there will be an adjustment period, but think of all the happy little lives you will change! And although it is costly to care for so many kitties, perhaps you could just take it 1 kitten at a time, start with the shots, 1 this week, 1 next week, etc. Then, after they all have their shots, you can do the spay/neuter the same way.... or even 1 kitten per month. This way you can take it 1 day at a time, 1 kitten at a time, and still sleep at night! Lots of luck for your new babies!
Well, one definite bright spot in this endeavor of mine, is that all the cats that I've gotten have all been altered and completed vaccinated
and I very rarely have to pay an adoption fee, and if I do, it is nominal, not that I mind paying it at all, I know that rescue groups are always in debt, so getting all the vet work done isn't cheap! The main thing I worry about is if one of the cats should fall ill, I want to be able to do everything, within reason, I can to make them better. As in Simon's case it doesn't always work
but at least I'll know I tried my best
And of course feeding all the babies a higher quality diet adds up, but its worth it, have I mentioned how absolutely gorgeous Pandora and Antigone are??
I do love my kitties very much, and I'm happy that I can give the unwanted a place to call home, gives me a purpose in life you could say.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope your evening is progressing better than you daytime hours!!
I would change the prescription music however to (I'm dating myself) Donna' Summer's greatest hits and be dancing around while pounding down the shots of tequila!!