Oh that makes me so sad/angry!

sesheta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A friend of a friend just got a new kitten. I saw her lj entry with the picture of the kitten and everyone is so happy about it, raving, complimenting, acting like everything is perfect. I had to just grit my teeth and not post a reply about how terrible it is for that poor little kitten. She is only one month old, her little eyes are still blue, she should be with her mother!!! Oh I hate when people are irresponsible pet owners. I don't blame the new family who took her, they probably didn't know, just saw this cute tiny thing and wanted it, but the person who owned the mother cat should have been more responsible than that and waited a few more weeks.

What do you think, should I comment to someone I don't even know, or let it slide, grit my teeth, and silently fume over it? Am I over-reacting by feeling that this is both sad and wrong?

Here is a picture of the kitten right after being taken to her new home away from her mother.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sure you should say something. Alot of people may not even realize that its too soon. So speaking up is getting the word out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sesheta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Sure you should say something. Alot of people may not even realize that its too soon. So speaking up is getting the word out.
Quite true, I sent her a very complete reply with a few links that might make it easier to care for him. I hope she doesn't get upset and takes the advice I offered :S So often it seems like people take advice and help as a personal attack...

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers and vibes that she heeds your advice - those poor, poor babies, and their poor mama-kitty - she must be so distraught

I'm glad that you replied - ignorance is a completely curable condition. In this day & age, to not know or to not care about the benefits of keeping the cat family intact until 12 weeks...

horatio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
sad to hear that a 1mth old kitten had to separate fr his mom. do advise ur friend although knowing that ur friend may not like it. what is important that to tell ur friend the truth. whether ur friend wud take it or leave it, it wud be entirely up to ur friend at the end.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I hope she takes it the way it was intended! I agree that sometimes people take advice personally, especially in text. *crosses fingers for you*

My mom and dad just got another kitten from a VET that was, they guessed, around FIVE weeks old! I told my mom that they (the vet techs) must be mistaken, that the veterinarian just wouldn't adopt out a kitten that young. I also told my mom that if it wasn't a mistake, if the kitten really was that young, to find a new vet.

All I really know is that the kittens were dropped off, with no mother, a few weeks ago.
I really hope the kitten isn't that young.