What I expected... What I got

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My ode to my 8-Bit:

I expected a nice quiet animal... I got what I affectionately refer to as a "talker", he puts a Siamese to shame.

I expected a pet.... I got a furry child.

I expected him to sleep most of the time... I got an extra alarm clock with out a snooze and claws.

I expected something well behaved... I got a third member of our household that can open the refrigerator.

I expected a girl... I got a boy.

I expected to fall in love with him.... I never thought it would be this much.

I wanted to give the little guy a tribute. DH and I realize how much he has changed our lives today. It was empty before he came.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He really is a joy to me... as well as Scratch. I didn't realize how much until we started talking about it.

crys12065

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You just made me cry

That was the sweetest thing I have read in a long time...I do not even know many people who talk about their children like that!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That was really special
Cats have a way of making us love them no matter how naughty they are

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

My ode to my 8-Bit:

I expected a nice quiet animal... I got what I affectionately refer to as a "talker", he puts a Siamese to shame.

I expected a pet.... I got a furry child.

I expected him to sleep most of the time... I got an extra alarm clock with out a snooze and claws.

I expected something well behaved... I got a third member of our household that can open the refrigerator.

I expected a girl... I got a boy.

I expected to fall in love with him.... I never thought it would be this much.

I wanted to give the little guy a tribute. DH and I realize how much he has changed our lives today. It was empty before he came.
That's so sweet! I love the last 2 lines!!! That is exactly the way we feel about LuckyGirl!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hell603

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh all three of you are so very lucky to have each other!!
We are so lucky he choose us. When we went to adopt him he ran up to me and bit my toe, then he scratched my husband. The then walked into his kitty carrier, curled up, and fell asleep. All we had to do was shut the door. It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen a cat do.