Do you guys talk to your cats?

crys12065

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay my friends think I am nuts!

I come home from work and ask my boys how their day was and then they tell me all about it
I can not understand "cat" speak but they definately talk back.

Then I tell them how my day was...and will always tell them I love them or talk to them if they are meowing at me.

Am I weird??

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh not at all! The boys and I have been known to have conversations that last quite some time. I don't speak cat fluently, but I think I am getting a grip on the subject verb agreement.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if it's weird, I'm right there with you!
Could be genetic, too- we (my 2 yr old and I) had to take one of our cats to the vet today, and I had to stop and get gas. Bird had been complaining along the way, and when I got back in the car, my 2 yr old told me that she and Bird had been talking while I was pumping gas

catlady810

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I always talk to my cats. Stormy is the comforter, if she knows I am upset she will place a paw on my arm, look up at me as if to say, "Tell me all about it."

Cuddles just wants to be talked about, and asked about her day, when she has enough she walks away.

Sushi, when she knows I have come home, she acts like a little kid, running round as if saying "MOMMY IS HOME!!!" Than I ask her what she's been up to and if she's been a good girl.

Still to this day Stormy has been my best therpist. LOL

Chris even talks to the cats, but Cuddles is his daddy's girl. So she gets the most talking to from him.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catlady810

I always talk to my cats. Stormy is the comforter, if she knows I am upset she will place a paw on my arm, look up at me as if to say, "Tell me all about it."

Cuddles just wants to be talked about, and asked about her day, when she has enough she walks away.

Sushi, when she knows I have come home, she acts like a little kid, running round as if saying "MOMMY IS HOME!!!" Than I ask her what she's been up to and if she's been a good girl.

Still to this day Stormy has been my best therpist. LOL

Chris even talks to the cats, but Cuddles is his daddy's girl. So she gets the most talking to from him.
So cute how each cat is such an individual!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crys12065

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank god! Now I don't have to keep my appointment with the asylum

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always talk to my girls! I tell them how my day was and whatever else I can think of. They listen ever so patiently

lucat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lukas & I carry on conversations all the time-althougth he usually gets in the last word -He is known to talk to anyone & everyone-a friend of mine taught him to talk on the phone -makes it interesting at times

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tell Mikey all the time how beautiful he is, how handsome he looks after I brush him. I explain why he cannot eat my sandwhich and why going down stairs to do the laundry with me isnt a good idea because of the dogs. I tell him that hes my favorite little man and although Dan is the man of the house he still calls all the shots!

I think he likes the affection that goes with just talking to him.

When I watch movies or a show and something funny happens and I laugh out loud, if mikey is near me I always say "did ya hear that Mike!, that was some funny crap". Dan thinks its silly but hes just jealous

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always talk to mine, Magnum is like Catlady810's Stormy, if you are upset he jumps up beside you and will paw at you and then stroke your arm
Scully will cuddle up the other side and they will just listen to all your problems.

All four of them have a chat with me several times a day, Magnum will come over about 15-30 mins before dinner time and remind you its feeding time and when you tell him its not time yet he will make a grumpy noise, sigh and sit down and try again in 5 mins

Each morning they come into the bathroom to say good morning (so loudly the neighbours can hear them on occasion
and I always tell them whats going on in family member's lives etc.

And when I see Scully's old owners and stop long enough to chat, I explain to him whats going on with them

slash

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would wonder about you if you didn't talk to your cats! The first thing I do when I get home is call my cat, and we discuss the day. While he doesn't do a lot of talking, he communicates mostly by blinking. Your friends are ones who are nuts!
(I just joined the group, so I don't have any special graphics yet)

Cheers,
Claude's humble servant, Sharon

caligirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My husband and I and even our kids always talk to our kitties. They are part of the family and have just as much to say as anybody else. I think they are adorable and we will carry on a conversation with us. I love it

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Slash

I would wonder about you if you didn't talk to your cats! The first thing I do when I get home is call my cat, and we discuss the day. While he doesn't do a lot of talking, he communicates mostly by blinking. Your friends are ones who are nuts!
(I just joined the group, so I don't have any special graphics yet)

Cheers,
Claude's humble servant, Sharon
I agree! I always talk to them. They are, afterall, members of the family. Sharon, Welcome to TCS!!!

Once my husband came home after I was in bed. Assuming that he was in trouble, he said to the cats "How mad is she???" I was lying awake in bed trying hard not to laugh.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes me and my girls have long conversations. I tell them how much I love them and how special they are and that I am so glad they rescued me from being a catless lady!!

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've actually corrupted friends, neighbours and other non-cat lovers into talking to the cats. My neighbour (about 85) who's home all day will talk to my cats through the window. He also swears that he plays hide and seek with Rambo through the window! When i come home on a day when they've had a game of hide and seek, I'll ask Rambo how his day was and he'll start blabbing on to me (though most days he never meows at all!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crys12065

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh goody!! I am not a loon
I talk to my kitties all the time