Kitten Shots

mickee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wondering about kitten shots. We got our first round and when we came home the girls slept for like 8 hours straight and then got up nibbled at their food and just cried and cried. They finally went to sleep and were better the next day. I just wondered as they are so small, could they have been given too much medicine? Is this a normal reaction? It has been over 25 years since I had a kitten and don't remember my cats ever reacting like that.

Thanks,

Mickee

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mickee

Just wondering about kitten shots. We got our first round and when we came home the girls slept for like 8 hours straight and then got up nibbled at their food and just cried and cried. They finally went to sleep and were better the next day. I just wondered as they are so small, could they have been given too much medicine? Is this a normal reaction? It has been over 25 years since I had a kitten and don't remember my cats ever reacting like that.

Thanks,

Mickee
Hey Mickee...it's worth mentioning to your vet that your kittens had this type of reaction to their first shots.

Katie

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with Katie. If the reaction is bad enough, the vet can give an injection along with the shots to prevent the lethargy and not eating. Having said that, many cats and kittens have a reaction like this - feeling really off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mickee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!

I just wondered due to their size and all if it was normal. It has been a while since I had a little one.

Mickee