Wedding Anniversary ideas???

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On thursday my parents will be celebrating their 51st wedding anniversary.
Last yr we (sis, DH & I) sent them on a 14 day Alaskasn cruise. We don't want to match that trip!!
I was thinking of combing an anniversary and Christmas gift and send them to Vegas say in Feb/March. They used to winter in Vegas and haven't been their for several yrs.
They really don't need any house stuff and they did enjoy the cruise last yr.
Any other thoughts?? I think I'll drive to their house Thursday and take them out for lunch too.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Vegas sounds like a great idea!!, you and your siblings are the best kids ever!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

Vegas sounds like a great idea!!, you and your siblings are the best kids ever!
I agree! I'd much rather go on a trip than get another kind of present. If they used to go in the winter and haven't been in awhile, I think they'd love to go back to Vegas.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The trip sounds great! To jazz up the trip, you can send them away with a box...only be opened at a special time (e.g. the same time of day they got married or in the evening after a nice romantic meal)..the box can contain:

- a 'modern' version of their wedding picture...you can do all sorts of effects and have the picture printed digitally; or

- a well presented milestone log, typed on the computer on a nice background, put in a frame; or

e.g.

1955 - We got married at x

1961 - Birth of our first daughter x

1965 - We moved to 2 Baker Street, New York

You get the idea...etc

- A Cd of their favourite songs they listened to at the time they met and any favourite songs since then; or

- individual hand written notes from all the family telling them how much they mean to the whole family and wishing them happiness for the next 51 years!

- lots of confetti or glittery coloured heart (table decorations) sprinkled in the box