I am back and I missed you all!!

caligirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am no longer a CaliGirl, I am now a Georgian.
I have missed you all durning our move. We moved here in March and just now got to where we in somewhat of a routine.
My husband has a nice job and are finelly getting things together. I have two, I know, I work at this private school that my kids go, just in the morning helping out the Pre-k/K.
Then I work in the afternoons at my Mom's as her secratary and basically her assistant, making sure she doesn't lose her mind,
She does trainings to teach people to be broker agaents in the trucking business. It's cool, meet a lot of people.

Just a summary, but the big news is
we have two additions to our family. Besides our two furbabies, Cali and Leia we got Noah and Coles.
We told our son that when we moved here that we would get him a kitty so he had his own pet so we held up our end.
He picked Coles, a little girl kitty that is a kind of Calico Stripe combo...very unique to me. And Noah, a handsome little orange striped furbaby that is the sweetest little thing.
I love the little guy, I seen him there and Mommy had to get him.

I hope this hasn't been too boring, I missed my Cat Family and just glad to be back to chat with you all.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to see you back. I bet that was a tough move from Cali to Georgia. What part of GA are you in? My daughter and granddaughter live in Augusta.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caligirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I live 15-20 minutes below Atlanta. I am loving it here, it was a move. The humidity isn't all bad and I love the storms here. I keep being told that I haven't seen anything yet and that kind of scares me
since we have seen lightning hit buildings and parking light poles in Morrow while we were shopping.
It is defintely different and exciting, I am loving it.

caligirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yea, my husband said that Newnan is about 15 minutes from where we live. That is so cool that there is some people here that are close by.
Hello neighbor

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to Georgia!
You're about 30-45 mins. south of me, I live up in Gwinnett. Whoever told you that you haven't seen anything yet is right. It'll be raining at your house, and it'll be bright blue skies across the street. Storm's can get pretty brutal, especially the more south of Atlanta you are, but in my opinion it's really no different than icky storms elsewhere.

However, it's pretty decent here. Hopefully you can get yourself to the Aquarium. I hear it's great, but I have yet to go. Soon enough though. Long story short, welcome to the state of the peach.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up here in Georgia (visiting my parents right now about an hour north of Atlanta) but currently live with my husband in Los Angeles.

This trip is quickly reminding me of just how much I love and miss this state. I'm sitting here now listening to the crickets drone outside and LOVING it. Plus we had a sudden downpour with lightning and thunder this afternoon out of nowhere and I LOVED it! I haven't seen rain in L.A. for months...

I'm hoping to join you soon if I can ever talk hubby into it, and make that move back "home".

caligirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Like Emily said.....You never see it rain in California so I have never seen it storm like it does here. The first time I seen it storm it scared me have to death.
I am getting used to it though and loving it. My hubby and I sit outside and watch....till it gets too close. Like the one Saturday....where it sit pretty close and we both dashed
inside and my hubby tried pushing my out of the way to get in first. It was funny
He was like you see the true in come at those times. He was appoligizing.... he didn't mean to.

Oh and the bugs here are so noisy...it cracks me up.
I love it now, how peaceful it sounds. I used to go to sleep listening to cars drive by all night. It's a huge difference but I am loving it all here. Oh and those Cicadas, they sound like they are shifting gears. They crack me up.

Hey Emily, What town does your Mom live in? My mom too lives an hour south of Atlanta too. Sounds like our story is a lot alike, My mom lives here and I lived in Cali and came to visit a few times and the next thing got my hubby to agree to move out here - not just for my family but you can live here. We couldn't afford to live in Cali. We lived in the valley and houses were going for just a 3/2 house was 350-400 thousand. My mom had a second house that we are renting from her. So it all worked out.
Thank GOD!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that its wonderful to hear the bugs at night. Maybe we can all have a meet up at the Aquarium. I haven't been yet either but I hear it is so much fun!

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I agree that its wonderful to hear the bugs at night. Maybe we can all have a meet up at the Aquarium. I haven't been yet either but I hear it is so much fun!
I like this idea. All of us Georgia girl's doing a TCS meeting

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CaliGirl

Hey Emily, What town does your Mom live in? My mom too lives an hour south of Atlanta too. Sounds like our story is a lot alike, My mom lives here and I lived in Cali and came to visit a few times and the next thing got my hubby to agree to move out here - not just for my family but you can live here. We couldn't afford to live in Cali. We lived in the valley and houses were going for just a 3/2 house was 350-400 thousand. My mom had a second house that we are renting from her. So it all worked out.
Thank GOD!!
My parents live in a little town called Summerville, which is close to Rome (people usually know where Rome is at least). I grew up here, went to college near Savannah, and then moved to Cali to be with my hubby then fiance and HATE it there. I'm hoping I can talk him into moving soon. All you GA girls cross your fingers I'll be moving before too much longer!

I spent all day today with my nieces and nephew. My little nephew is almost 1 and had no idea who I even was. That's just not right. I'm such a family person. Hubby grew up military though so he doesn't understand extended family and "roots"...

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back!!
Congrats on the move and the new additions!!

caligirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Emily, I too will say a prayer for you.
I was telling my husband how much our stories sound alike except I am from Cali. My mom is a military child and thats how I ended up there but all of my mom's family is from the south. I hope that it all works out for you.
Talking him into and all.

You're more north of me then. I am right below Atlanta, we also been getting all those thunderstorms.
Yes, we are in Clayton County. Did you see the news lastnight? What did you go to school for? I have been wanting to go to Savannah, I heard that it is beautiful there.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CaliGirl

Emily, I too will say a prayer for you.
I was telling my husband how much our stories sound alike except I am from Cali. My mom is a military child and thats how I ended up there but all of my mom's family is from the south. I hope that it all works out for you.
Talking him into and all.

You're more north of me then. I am right below Atlanta, we also been getting all those thunderstorms.
Yes, we are in Clayton County. Did you see the news lastnight? What did you go to school for? I have been wanting to go to Savannah, I heard that it is beautiful there.
Back in Cali now. Smog sweet smog.
I took some pretty pictures in GA and I'll try to post some once I upload them. I didn't get to watch much news while I was there. What story are you referring to?

And thanks for your prayers.

Also, before you make the trip to Savannah hit me up and I'll tell you the good things to see and the yummy hidden restaurants, etc.