The Official "Waiting For The Ring" Thread!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Due to the number of complaints about our clueless boyfriends who have yet to pop the question, i have decided at the idea of another TCS member to start the official "Waiting for the ring" thread!
I am tired of clueless boyfriends diasppointing their girlfriends...so i thought this form would be a great place for you ladies to vent about your boyfriends. And post a brief intro

I'll start with a brief profile on Colin

Job: Former Navy Lt. - Now a Cop
Hobbies: TV, Video Games, Gym, Taunting Me
Animals: Fosters (australian shep./ collie mix)
Length of Time you've been waiting for a ring: Almost 2 yrs

Previous Gifts from clueless boyfriend: - Clock for last yrs birthday, a brown bra for Christmas, And this yrs birthday- a $20 starbucks card and a $10 Sheridans card- purchased on my birthday
. He's clueless.

So ladies, feel free to post your man's profile, or makeup one if you don't have a man lol. Have fun

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This is fun.

My man Brandon
Job: Pizza Maker
Hobbies: World of Warcraft(which he's gotten me addicted to), working on websites
Animals: Kipper is HIS cat, but he's mine too. We got him together, but he kind of ended up being Brandons cat.
Length of Time you've been waiting for a ring: I'd say a year now

Previous Gifts from clueless boyfriend:
My birthday this year I actually got a beautiful ring..But no question with it.
I get flowers sometimes..I got a beautiful necklace with a little heart and a diamond in it for christmas once..Valentines day this year I also got a little beanie baby with a little pink ring on it. I've gotten many gifts from him..too many to mention.

But the thing is..We've been together for 4 years, all of his money goes to me, so if he was saving up for something, I'd know.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are waiting, why not ask him?

Buy a ring, and spring the question.

He might say yes!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's my imaginary boyfriend:

Name: Prince Charming
Job: Law student
Hobbies: Playing with Zissou, Asking me how my day was, and some other manly hobby that is all his own
Animals: None
I haven't been waiting for a ring yet... in a few years

Crazy gifts from exes:
Um... For Valentine's Day I once got a Papa John's Sweet Treats that came free with someone else's pizza order. I adopted him an otter for the year from the Cleveland Zoo. (It wasn't his fault, he was broke... but still! Free is fine, but maybe a little thought!)

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Name: Jeremy
Job: Warehouse worker
Hobbies: Sports, World of Warcraft
Animals:The same ones in my sig
Length of Time you've been waiting for a ring: 5 years

Previous gifts:
A promise ring (at least there's that), fish, dinners at various restaurants, video games, booze.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My man: John
Job: Welder
Hobbies: anything to do with Harley Davidson motorcycles

Animals: Harley & Davidson are both ours - but HIS pets - are his 5 man eating fish in the tank.... Oscars, I think they are?
Length of Time you've been waiting for a ring: a few months
We actually just went and looked @ engagement rings a month ago

Previous Gifts from clueless boyfriend:
Umm.... he's not really that clueless
My 1st gift from him a year ago for my birthday was a 1/2 carat princess cut diamond ring.... and this last year for Christmas I got diamond earrings.... and for Valentines day I got a past present & future princess cut necklace.... I keep telling him to STOP buying me the jewelery, and get me the RING!!!

catlady810

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My man: Chris
Job: Graduate with Bachlors and still looking for work
Hobbies: Computer games and reading tech books
Animals: Same as my cats
Length of Time you've been waiting for a ring: A while, we have a ring picked out, he has to get a job before anything really goes into motion. He even offered to pay for the wedding as a wedding gift for me. Hopefully he gets a good job.

Previous Gifts from clueless boyfriend: I added up the price of all my jewerely and it's around a grand from him. Last year for my birthday 1/4 diamond earrings and a diamond promiese ring that on the inside says I love you, and the O has a small dimond in it. When he has the cash, he buys me small gifts like a dozan roses, or Godiva chocolates, little stuff animals, or little trickets.

I can't say my boyfriend is clueless, he is the BEST man I have ever dated. He tells me everyday he wants to marry me, and that I am the woman for him. He's also really romantic. When I am not home, he'll bring over roses, chocolates and a little stuff animal, and when I get home there they are waiting on my dresser.

Sorry I can't complain about my man. All my women friends wish to god there were more men like him out there.

(Sorry for any bad spelling, not wearing my reading glasses.)

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clueless Boyfriend Profile

Name:Lee
Education: Technical degree in machinery
Pets: Phenom, Phantom, his dog Bandit
Hobbies:Anything Racing
Years waiting for ring: 3.5

He is good at gift giving but in the 3 years we have been together the only jewelry i get from him is the occasional belly button ring. His excuse? I don't wear jewelry (if he gave it to me I would wear it. everyday.)

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clueless Boyfriend: Travis
Job: CAD drafter(see.....He HAS a good job
)
Hobbies: Racing, cars, video games and his big screen
Animals: Oscar
Length of Time you've been waiting for a ring: 3.5 years

Previous gifts: A beautiful diamond necklace for my high school graduation 3 years ago, a promise ring, and a pretty pink ring. I used to get flowers all the time. He does tell me that he will make me his wife when we get our financial state in order but I will get the ring waaaaay before that. His co-workers know that he is next to be married and they have a bet going

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Clueless Boyfriend: Cory
Job: Not sure of the actual position title but he works for Xerox
Hobbies: Computers, video games, reading
Animals: Wick, but she's technically my brother's cat
Length of Time you've been waiting for a ring: about a year- we've been dating for two years, and been discussing our wedding the whole time

Previous gifts: He was out of work for 6 months, so for our anniversary and my last birthday I got a rain check
...I've kind of written those presents off, he can try again next year. Last christmas, he gave me an aromatherapy heated shoulder pad thing and a lavender eye mask. Birthday before that, we were still long distance (we were long distance for a year and 9 months) so he bought a greyhound ticket to come up and see me. And the christmas before that he gave me a gorgeous marcasite ring and a hematite pendant necklace.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I can say is that, I AM SO GLAD IM NOT ENGAGED TO MY EX ANYMORE!!

And I dont expect a ring of my bf yet

You all think I'm crazy don't you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread is cracking me up! Hehe, nice to know i'm not alone
Thanks girls! You made my day!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clueless Boyfriend: Matt
Job: Owns his own insulation company
Hobbies: Video games, sports, watching sports
Animals: Officially, the cats are his, he had them first
Length of Time you've been waiting for a ring: two years, we have been living together for about three and dating for four, but I have wanted the ring for about two years. We do talk about getting married but he never seems to take the hint, he wants it to be 'right'

Previous gifts: Promise ring when I moved in with him, diamond heart shaped necklace our first Christmas, pretty much everything except the ring!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't have too much of an excruciating wait... His mother died when he was a baby, and his dad gave him his mothers wedding rings to do what he chose with them. So when he started asking ring size and getting the rings fitted for me I knew it was getting close...

Then he got really drunk at his work christmas party and told his boss while I was there that I was pretty special and I was going to be more special next Valentines's Day (doing the wink wink nudge nudge thing while saying it). He didn't remember a word of it....

When Valentine's Day got closer and he was talking about doing something special for it, but not telling me what, I had a pretty good idea what he was up to.... He's so cute

I can only say to those waiting, that they want to make it special and on their terms to surprise you generally, so be patient and it will be worth it

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in your shoes, all of you, last year for most of the year, lol. Our two year anniversary was coming up and he kept saying, "You'll love what I got you!" He NEVER said that about any gift and even my coworkers believed that it was going to happen then!

So, we go out to dinner, and I get to open the gift. I saw there was a big box and it was kind of heavy, but his family likes to double-triple wrap things and weigh them down, so I had high hopes...

I opened the box......and inside I saw............

A neck massager!

I had to wait until August of last year (about 4-5 months after our anniversary) before I got the ring. It wasn't until a couple of months ago that I admitted to him how disappointed I was, because I guess I played it off REALLY well.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clueless Boyfriend: J
Job: Machinist
Hobbies: computer/X-Box games, RPGs, beating his friends with foam-padded weapons
Animals: We share two cats, but all strange animals instantly adore him so he makes friends quickly
Length of Time you've been waiting for a ring: We've been together almost five years and have lived together for close to four; I think we've been seriously discussing marriage for about four years

Previous gifts: He's actually really good with presents. I don'tI] wear jewelry so he doesn't buy me any (except for pretty silver stud earrings that I specifically asked for), but I would wear The Ring! For Christmas one year we bought ourselves an X-Box as a present -- we both wanted one -- and bought each other games. We're not terribly romantic, but he puts a lot of thought into the presents he gives me.

I think I'm just frustrated because sometimes it seems like my life has been put on hold. Friends of ours got married last year and had a baby in March; they bought a house a year or two before that. My bf's younger sister bought a house and got engaged in December. Friends of ours just announced their engagement a week ago -- all of our close friends are now either engaged or married. I know I shouldn't judge the quality of my life by my friends' lives, but I'll be 28 on Saturday, and I honestly thought I'd be married with children by now. I realize marriage and children aren't the only things in life, but they're things I want, and things he says he wants, so what are we waiting for? It will never be the perfect time.

ebongrey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not so Clueless Boyfriend: Ross
Job: IT, Computers
Hobbies: Video games (final fantasy online which I got him into), hockey
Animals: 2 cats Lucivar and Emmagan (technically mine, but they love him)
Length of Time you've been waiting for a ring: 0! Been together 3 years,have been living together for 2 years. I'm not waiting for a ring. It's not a priority for me as I'm happy where we are

Previous gifts: A pair of really expensive boots I didn't need at all but wanted and loved just the same. Art for our walls, a fairy necklace, beautiful renaissance teardrop necklace, a black velvet choker, various video games and computer software. His mother gave me Lucivar (my cat, one of the best gifts I have ever recieved). He's a good gift giver and certainly knows my taste. Definitely a keeper, this one

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not so clueless Boyfriend:

Name: Michael
Job: Day Care worker, full time student
Major: Police Science
Career Goal: Police Officer

Hobbies: Video games, surfing the internet, annoying me
, motorcycling
Length of time waiting for a ring: 4 years
Most expensive gift he's given me: A heart shaped diamond promise ring

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

[I honestly thought I'd be married with children by now. I realize marriage and children aren't the only things in life, but they're things I want, and things he says he wants, so what are we waiting for? It will never be the perfect time.
I completely understand how you feel on that. It's really frusterating.I'm at the point in my life where i'm ready to settle down...and Colin says he is too- so i'm frusterated as to why it hasn't happened yet. I know he has to do things on his own time and i respect that, but he also has to know that he can't just keep me hanging forever. And to make matters worse....Colin and I have the same b-day....which was the 29th of July....yeah, of course i had some friends get married on my birthday. The sucky thing was, i really thought Colin was going to pop the question on our birthday
so did everyone else. It's like everyone is getting married and having children except for me. I'm not in competition with anyone- My relationship is with Colin, nobody else....but it's frusterating that I really want to get started with my life ....and Colin says the same thing about getting married and having children with me, yet he's totally clueless. It makes me sad. I really love him and I'm willing to wait- but i'm not waiting forever while he decides if we're "compatiable" or not. It's like he's got me dangling from a string...He started an argument with me a few days ago and told me that he knew if he asked me to marry him that i'd say yes, but that he was 30 and wanted to make sure that it was right and that we were "compatiable." That really hurt. One minute he was talking about how he wanted to make his own bunk beds when "we" have children, and the next he wasn't even sure if i was "it"...i'm tired of his indecisveness...I have been nothing but good to him, i'm always trying to make him feel appreciated, and yet he can't even give me the time of day to tell me if i'm "it". Maybe he doesn't know, maybe he does, but i don't want to put my life on hold while he figures it out...it's nor right. I'm making sure i get my degree and can fend for myself no matter what happens. I asked him if he loved me when we were arguing....we don't really fight- (we never yell or anything, we sit down and talk calmly and always settle are disputes before we go to sleep- )like he had said he did for months now and at that time he said "i don't know"....i got really upset, i said "after 2 years, you can't tell me if you love me or not, do you know how much that breaks my heart?"....later that night, after we "cooled off" or whatever you want to call it, when we were in bed and i was 1/2 asleep he said "Nikki, I do love you". So i guess he does, but i'm just really upset that he doesn't know after 2 yrs if i'm "It" or not. I'll wait a while, but i won't wait forever....i shouldn't have to. I love him so i'm committed to stay a while until he figures things out...but i won't ever forfeit the opportunity to be married or have children while he is sorting through his fears. I figure, by the time out anniversery rolls around, if he's still indecisive on whether or not i'm "the one" we should have another talk about it. I don't know, what do you ladies think. There's more too it, but i didn't list out everything because i don't want to bore everyone, but i really am appreciating your stories. It's nice others can relate. Feel free to vent to- but if you do, you have to go to the "good news thread" and post something positive too
we can't post only negatives, otherwise well be upset 24/7