Tech replaces diamondd

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So according to a new study, Tech toys have replaced diamonds as a woman's best friend.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/ptech/0...eut/index.html

now, i know with my SO she does much perfer some new tech toys, IE for xmas i got her some new ipod & a speaker system that she can use in her office, she just loves it and takes the ipod with here every place she goes.

so what do you think?

Tech toy or diamond?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a tech junkie. I was raised by two tech junkies and married a tech junkie. The only reason I don't have a flat screen TV instead of an engagement ring is because my Mom threw a fit.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll take the diamond - it won't need constant upgrades!

Actually, a really nice Alexandrite would be great, too.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They each have their place. My diamond is very special to me, because of what it means, but also because I carry that with me and others can see and recognize it for what it is. But I don't need more of the same. For subsequent gifts, I'm just as happy -- no, happier -- to have the PDA, and the computer upgrades and other toys that are more fun for him to buy.

So, replace? No, I don't think so. There are just more options for significant gifts "for her" than there were in the past.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why can't we have both?
I've got my home-built machine and an iPod, plus the nice rock on my finger.
Btw, it's a Dream diamond (the princess cut version of the Hearts on Fire).

I've already asked for a new LCD monitor for Christmas, lol.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not fussy about either, the only piece of jewlery I wear is my engagment ring.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't want a diamond. Too many people die mining diamonds, or are enslaved, and also the environmental destruction of the last habitat of many species... synthetic would be okay, maybe.

Anyway... yea. I would love a new tv or ipod or computer or something.

I get nervous when someone buys me an expensive present though.

If someone brought me little catnip mice or something for a second date or something (as opposed to flowers or whatever) I would just melt!!!

I guess the quickest way to a cat lady's heart is through her cat!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

If someone brought me little catnip mice or something for a second date or something (as opposed to flowers or whatever) I would just melt!!!

I guess the quickest way to a cat lady's heart is through her cat!
I agree, if someone bought my little buttons something I would like them a lot more than if they bought me something, unless it was Matt, in which case he has to buy all of us something so none of us gets jealous
Seriously when I first moved in, Magnum had to be lavished with gifts so he didn't try to kill me in my sleep for taking his daddy away

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe very nice response

i had gotten the SO a ring, and how we where on the way to niagira falls she found it.
maybe she has bling radar or something

kinda took for the fun out of asking her, but oh well

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Give me the bling any day (hmmm maybe thats why I got the pink sapphire and diamond ring I got for my birthday instead of a new TV for the kitchen!!)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I were to actually ever get married, doubtful, but if I was, I would never want a fancy expensive diamond. If anything some cool weird antique ring but I would prefer the tech toys defiantely. I would rather the money be put to something we can both use for a long time then a little fancy rock for my finger. Naa, I would never wear it either because I would be too afraid I would lose it.