can't take pee smell anymore

celicagrl70

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does anyone have suggestions on how to get rid of my cats urine smell? I know there's tons of stuff on the market but what's the best one? Or, I was also wondering if there are any home remidies to remove the odor.

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
home remedy: saturate the area with distilled white vinegar. it will stink for a couple days but the vinegar smell will go away along with the urine smell.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there is a recipe on this site that is hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish liquid. do a search on hydrogen peroxide. Also, if you read natures miracles ingedients, that is it. Why pay all that money. It works.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by celicagrl70

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get rid of my cats urine smell? I know there's tons of stuff on the market but what's the best one? Or, I was also wondering if there are any home remidies to remove the odor.
Is your cat fixed?? Cats that are intact have a much more "pungent" smell to their urine.

Katie

ocicat_steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

there is a recipe on this site that is hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish liquid. do a search on hydrogen peroxide. Also, if you read natures miracles ingedients, that is it. Why pay all that money. It works.
becareful with that! lol might bleach out your carpet!