cat in heat

twisted_treat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 7 month old baby girl is now in heat. Does anybody know a good homeopathic remedie to get her to stop howling? She won't let me sleep at night and I can't get her fixed at the moment. Is there some herb or something I can give her to calm her heat down?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best thing to do is have her fixed. That is the only solution likely to be offered, as it's best for your cat and cats in general. Yowling and such during heat is very hormonally and instinctively driven.

Why can't you get her fixed right now?

You can get her spayed for 40$ by Friends of Animals, in El Paso. Pets Alive in El Paso provides vouchers for spaying. The Humane Society also does spays, but I can't find a cost.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twisted_treat

My 7 month old baby girl is now in heat. Does anybody know a good homeopathic remedie to get her to stop howling? She won't let me sleep at night and I can't get her fixed at the moment. Is there some herb or something I can give her to calm her heat down?
There really isn't anything you can currently give a cat to releave the symptoms of heat. Best thing to do is to plan to have her spayed as early as possible. I would also watch to ensure that she does not get outside.

Katie

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do hope you are okay in the flood you're having down in El Paso.

Please update us about your baby girl!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope sorry but that's what they do when in heat until they are bred. I'd figure out how to get her spayed quick, before she does get out and get pregnant.

Check around in your area (maybe contact cat clubs or rescue groups) for low cost spay/neuter clinics.