Himalayan eye question

aschretzmeyer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have noticed my Himalayan kitten who has blue eyes has red zigzag lines on her Iris along the very edge outwards. I haven't seen this on a cat before and I have not seen other Himalayans so i'm curious if this is normal in blue eyed cats. I'd be interested to hear from others. Thanks

Amanda

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It might just be the blood vessels showing, but it could be a mild case of conjunctivitis too - maybe call your vet and see if they need to see him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aschretzmeyer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They do appear to be blood vessels running along the eye but I still find it strange that I haven't seen it in a cat before but then again I've never seen a blue eyed cat. She has had the red lines there since she was born as the breeder let me see her reguarly at a young age but strangely enough the breeder didn't know what they were. She definately doesn't have conjunctivitis as her eyes are very clean and she has been checked out.

Thanks for your help

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by aschretzmeyer

I have noticed my Himalayan kitten who has blue eyes has red zigzag lines on her Iris along the very edge outwards. I haven't seen this on a cat before and I have not seen other Himalayans so i'm curious if this is normal in blue eyed cats. I'd be interested to hear from others. Thanks

Amanda
Yes my 2 himalayans have this and theirs is a purple color and looks swirly...it's actually very decorative