Guess what I came home with?

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay, so it's probably not too hard to guess -a cat of course, actually a pretty little calico kitten.

I got together with the rest of my family this afternoon to celebrate my Grandma's 94th birthday and my cousin mentioned that she and some of the neighbors had been feeding the kitten and trying to find her a home. I just had to open my big mouth and offer to help. So, on the way home from the party I stopped at our main foster home and got her treated for fleas and worms and she's now in my spare bedroom (it's been getting a lot of cat use lately).

I'm going to take her back to my cousin's tomorrow and she and her family are going to foster the kitten. We'll get her fixed sometime in the next couple of weeks, then try to find her a home.

Am I a cat magnet or what?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh you may be a nun, but I bet the kitties see angel wings when they look at you

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I would LOVE to see pics if you have them. I have a soft spot for calicos.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll post pictures at work on Monday. She's a beauty and very affectionate.
My cousin thinks somebody probably dumped her.

Since pretty much my whole family was at the party, my brother pointed out that my reputation as a crazy cat lady has been confirmed!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Ahh you may be a nun, but I bet the kitties see angel wings when they look at you
And they should.

Good work! What are you calling her?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Since pretty much my whole family was at the party, my brother pointed out that my reputation as a crazy cat lady has been confirmed!
Yeah, well, so was St. Francis of Assisi.

[Kind of, obviously.]

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good ol' St. Francis get LOTS of prayers from me!

One of the little kids at the party suggested naming her Lexi, which seems to suit her.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryferals

I don't mean to be offensive Eileen, You being a nun,are you allowed to have all the pleasure of those kitties?
I believe that by long tradition cats are an acceptable pet for nuns (I believe in earlier times they were the only animals that nuns were allowed to have).

There is a beautiful ancient Irish poem about a monk and his cat that you might like to read.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryferals

I don't mean to be offensive Eileen, You being a nun,are you allowed to have all the pleasure of those kitties?
Sure. Lots of nuns have pets
Our superior has eight (3 indoor and 5 ferals she claims as her own), so she has me beat!

Lexi, by the way, is an absolute sweetheart! Every time I go into to see her she's all over me. Poor little thing is very underweight. She's an older kitten. I'm guessing 6-7 months old.
I'm hoping she's not already pregnant. I'd love to get her into be spayed this week, but our regular vet who does the low cost/spay neuters in on vacation and I'm going out of town. Fortunately, my cousin is a pretty experienced cat person (has two of her own) and will have the common sense to keep Lexi inside until we can work something out.

Please send vibes/prayers that we can find this little girl a good home! Will post pics tomorrow.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After having this little girl around for just one day, I'm already in love. Not good! She's a sweetie - very affectionate and talkative. She must have belonged to somebody at some point. My cousin and the neighbors have been asking around, but no one seems to know who she belongs to. She just showed up one day, very thin and hungry.

I changed her named to Lily. It seems to suit her even more than Lexi did and
she even responds to it. The plan is for to go back to my cousin tomorrow evening and we'll get her fixed after I get back from our family trip to Gatlinburg. I'd prefer to get it done sooner, but our coordinator was less than enthusiastic about our TNR group helping with this, so I may need to pursue some other low cost spay/neuter options. Fortunately, besides the vet, we have several other options locally. It's just a matter of timing.

Please keep the prayers coming that someone opens their heart to this adorable girl. There's a slight chance that my aunt and uncle might consider adopting her, but they have a 17-year-old male cat in kidney failure who requires a lot of care. With two cats, three small children, a full time job, a husband that travels a lot and an elderly live in relative, my cousin doesn't really feel she can take Lily on a permanent basis either. Can't say I blame her. We're hoping that my aunt and uncle just fall in love with Lily. It's easy to do!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I'm glad the cat I sent found you..... j/k!!! The kitty sounds like a doll, I love calicos too
Once again, the crazy cat lady comes to the rescue!! Can't wait to see pics

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with finding a permanent home for Lily!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of prayers that a loving, forever home is just waiting for Lily to be carried through it's door.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had Lily sitting on my lap this morning, just purring away. She's so cute. I actually don't want to take her back to my cousin's tonight. I know she'll be fine and I'll get to see her again next week when I take her in to be fixed, but I've already gotten so attached to her. I feel so personally responsible for finding her a home. It's kept me up the past two night. Why do I do this? Please knock some sense into me!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think 5 kitties are your limit darling

And youve only got 4! :toungue2:

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Originally Posted by Satai

I believe that by long tradition cats are an acceptable pet for nuns (I believe in earlier times they were the only animals that nuns were allowed to have).

There is a beautiful ancient Irish poem about a monk and his cat that you might like to read.
Yes I would love to hear that poem Satai

Originally Posted by eilcon

Sure. Lots of nuns have pets
Our superior has eight (3 indoor and 5 ferals she claims as her own), so she has me beat!
I guess I watch too many films

{{{{sending many good homing vibes for Lexi}}}}