My two little orphans - Coco and Voodoo

ilafa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It was a stormy sunday when four little kittens cried into my life and the next day, I was sharing my home with two furbabies. Since then, we've succesfully treated URI and roundworms, gained several ounces and have grown incisors and we are close to growing canines. So, here are todays pictures of my two little darlings - Coco and Voodoo, who have been succesfully sexed with the help from thecatsite.com and already have a new home - my home - for the next 20+ years!

Now I wonder, if there's a possibility that they are older than we first thought? We don't really know when they were born so we aged them when their eyes started opening, assuming that that was at 7 days of age and fully opened at 10. Now I have some doubts, beacuse they are already grown the baby incisors at no more than (assumed) two weeks and the canines are already trying to break the surface. Is it possible that they are older? May I add that they already are quite good (a bit shaky) walkers, play with eachother often and are ok climbers. Any thoughts?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't be able to guess their ages - I just had to post to tell you how gorgeous they are. Good for you for taking them in and taking care of them!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG are they adorable!!! They look to be about 2-1/2 weeks to me.

Which one is Voodoo and which one is Coco?

(I have a Koko and my best friend has a Voodoo - both are black cats)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilafa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well, thank you both! It's a charm of little kittens
We're all totally crazy over them.

Coco is the white girl and Voodoo is the tabby one

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, they are to die for! What sweet little faces...they look full of mischief already! Yes, I'd say they're about 2 1/2-3 weeks old.

ilafa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you!

Today I tried with solids, as the canines have broken the surface. I soaked up some dry food in KMR and mashed it and they ate it!
They were like two little piggies, rolling in their food. None of them was hungry afterwards and they didn't want to drink from the nipple

After their first meal, I put the in the litterbox with some paper towel soaked with their urine and Coco peed!!!

What a milestone, August 7th!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great! If they really are only 2-3 weeks, they still need to be nursing. It's great to start introducing solids, but keep up with those bottle feedings!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ilafa

thank you!

Today I tried with solids, as the canines have broken the surface. I soaked up some dry food in KMR and mashed it and they ate it!
They were like two little piggies, rolling in their food. None of them was hungry afterwards and they didn't want to drink from the nipple

After their first meal, I put the in the litterbox with some paper towel soaked with their urine and Coco peed!!!

What a milestone, August 7th!
If they are eating solids, and using the litterbox, I think they are about 4 weeks old.

ilafa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it's not actually in continiuous. They ate solids for one meal and just Coco used the litterbox once at the time of post. We'll see tomorrow.

It also seems weird to me, that they already have baby canines. By the book, they break the surface at around four weeks, so you're probably right.