So You Think You Can Dance?!~~

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anybody else watch this show or am I the only one utterly glued to it this summer (or winter for our southen hemisphere folks!)? I think this is the best show! The talent is unbelievable and to me, it's much better than "Dancing with the Stars" or whatever, because it's the hopes and dreams of true amateurs without all the celebrity bull. For those that know what I'm talking about - who do you think will win???

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ivan isn't on there ?
I forget if he got sent home or not.

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think it is a given that Benji will win as long as popular vote is the determining factor. He's a juggernaut that no one can stop.
Mia tried the other night with her critical comments, and she is right that Travis is more suited to the job they are offering as a prize, but with popular vote I don't think anything can stop Benji- he's just a fun person to watch and has a whole lot of charisma.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its hard to say. But my personal favourite is Travis. Hes got a great smile, hes done everythig they have tossed at him and done it well, hes got great lines. of course i dance, so i am looking it from a dancers POV too
I wouldnt mind having Travis as my dance partner...hehe, hes a great lead.

But, I do like Benji as well. Like it was said,he has a GREAT personality. But, his limitations as a dancer have shown..however, if i ever needed to do a swing routine (which i used to do ALOT lol) Benji would be my man

I def think it will be one of the boys. the girls are good too. but the boys seem to be the favourites.

All that being said, I miss Dimitri..heh

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This and a bit of Supernova: Rock Star are the only two reality shows I watch.

I'm rooting for Benji, but have a feeling that Travis might knock him out. I still wish they would pick a top guy and girl. I'm sure they could afford it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think Heidi would be the best and voted that way... but I do think her cousin Benji will likely get it ... I dont get contemporary dance , it looks like rythymic gymnastics minus the wands and batons

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I think Heidi would be the best and voted that way... but I do think her cousin Benji will likely get it ... I dont get contemporary dance , it looks like rythymic gymnastics minus the wands and batons
LOL! true...it's actually the other way around. Modern dance was the original "Contemporary" - Martha Graham, Alvin Ailey in the 1960's created worldwide acceptance of it and prestigous companies devoted to it.
Sharky!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No you aren't the only person to watch this-we don't have cable tv and I don't watch tv in the summer except for this show!!!
I do like Benji but I think travis is more versatile. I'm surprised Donyelle is in the final 4 - an ok dancer I thought allison or natlie were better than her though-I'm haven't gone on Fox's website to check the cities they are touring at-the Am Idol crew always come to Green Bay though!!
DH on the other hadn watches that "other show" that Regis Philben MC's -its so bad!!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love everyone in the top 4. They all deserve it. They are all amazing dancers.

I honestly can't pick which girl I like best and I like Benji only a smidge more than Travis.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed it this week. I cannot believe Donyelle beat out Natalie. YUCK! Donyelle is like a big, lumbering cow compared to Natalie.
I really like Heidi and Benji. I would be happy to see either one of them win.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I missed it this week. I cannot believe Donyelle beat out Natalie. YUCK! Donyelle is like a big, lumbering cow compared to Natalie.
I really like Heidi and Benji. I would be happy to see either one of them win.
I think thats an unfair comment. While Donyelle is bigger than natalie, she has proven herself more versatile as well.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's really mean! Donyelle has gotten comments from the judges saying that she is one of the most versitle dancers in the competition week after week and has a much better personality than Natalie in my opinion and that's why Donyelle is in the final four not Natalie. I thought that it was a mistake when they sent Alison home before Natalie. I thought Alison was a much better dancer overall than Natalie.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't trying to be mean. It is my opinion. I don't think she is anywhere nearly as good as Natalie, nor do I think she will fit into the Las Vegas show that is part of the final prize.

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How is "big lumbering cow" not mean?
Comment on her dance ability, not how God built her body.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Benji makes me smile.

All eyes are on him when he dances.

I wish they would have a top male & female too.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no problem with the way Donyelle is built, she is a pretty young woman, it is the way she moves. That is what she reminds me of when she is dancing a lot of the time. I just don't like her style.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt that a girl will win this year anyways. I'm pretty sure Benji's going to win it anyways. donyelle is bueatiful and a very gifted dancer and that's all that matters.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have no problem with the way Donyelle is built, she is a pretty young woman, it is the way she moves. That is what she reminds me of when she is dancing a lot of the time. I just don't like her style.
perhaps you could have said that instead of the big lumbering cow bit.

from a dancers POV, her lines are cleaner than Nats were, and she has shown more versatility at accomplishing a dance.

Not to take away from nat. she was a wonderfull dancer but you could see where her weakness's were.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who will win it, or who should win it?

I hope Travis wins it. He is awesome. As much as I love Benji.. I don't think America will pick him to win it... I don't know why... but thats just how I feel.

But, I ahve been supporting both Benji and Travis, since the beginning, and either of them will be fine choices to win.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am completely tied in knots over if Travis or Benji should win, but either will do great as the winner and the other will definatly have a long and wonderful career non the less!!!