i just rescued another mouse from Wonton!

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i went out into the kitche/garage, and he was up on the food shelf, SO interested in something. His tail kept whipping back and forth, and he was pawing at something. Thing is, at night my bf parks his motorcycle inside, and it blocks part of the shelf, so i have no way to go over and pick him up and put him down. i said "Wonton! Hey!" cos i had a feeling he was after a mouse - he's never that animated at any other time - but he ignored me. Then suddenly his head went down, came up - and there was a fat little mouse in his mouth! i said "oh --, oh ---" and chased him into the bedroom, where my bf was awake watching tv. "Look in his mouth!" i yelled to my bf. When Wonton got into the bedroom, he dropped the mouse, and it started to run, and i grabbed Wonton and just sort of held him in place - he really wanted to get away, but i held him just long enough for the mouse to escape, and then i let him go. This was maybe ten minutes ago, and he's still sniffing around trying to catch the trail again.

i feel kind of bad now. i don't want the mouse killed, but i feel bad for letting him get away after Wonton worked so hard to catch him.

It's never boring with Wonton around

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Reilly and Tiger do that with the lizards around here. I have to stalk the cat who's stalking the lizard

I like having the little gecko's and skinks in the house. They eat bugs and spiders.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i wouldn't mind living with geckos and skinks
specially to catch the bugs and spiders. i like reptiles. yeah - Wonton doesn't seem to heave realized that after he catches the mouse, he needs to chomp on it a couple times, or it's just going to run away when he puts it down. He's done this everytime ive caught him with a mouse - he always drops it, and it always runs away. Thing is, he's quick, if i'm not there to interfere, he can usually catch it again. I just don't want the mouse to suffer, is all. i've had mice as pets before, got a soft spot for them

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

i wouldn't mind living with geckos and skinks
specially to catch the bugs and spiders. i like reptiles. yeah - Wonton doesn't seem to heave realized that after he catches the mouse, he needs to chomp on it a couple times, or it's just going to run away when he puts it down. He's done this everytime ive caught him with a mouse - he always drops it, and it always runs away. Thing is, he's quick, if i'm not there to interfere, he can usually catch it again. I just don't want the mouse to suffer, is all. i've had mice as pets before, got a soft spot for them
Me too. I had pet rats growing up. I'm suprised any mice are coming around w/Wonton in the house. They usually sense and smell a cat and avoid them. We used to have fruit rats outside in our orange trees until we got our Sammy(RB) He would chase them from one end of the house to the other as they were running on the roof
After about a week they stopped coming around

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that you are trying to get them away from Wonton. Jeff and I used to live out in the country and Reilly would catch them all the time. It broke my heart. I'd wake up in the morning to a poor little dead mouse. He doesn't eat them he just plays with them until they pass away
they are such cute little things.

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Me too. I had pet rats growing up. I'm suprised any mice are coming around w/Wonton in the house. They usually sense and smell a cat and avoid them. We used to have fruit rats outside in our orange trees until we got our Sammy(RB) He would chase them from one end of the house to the other as they were running on the roof
After about a week they stopped coming around
We have litle grey mice who se fur is the same color as most of Pudge's. She's caught about 8 in the last few months, but never kills them. Perhaps they're mildly stupid mice lol

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jamie brings everything to Mommy or Daddy (alive), except for garter snakes, bugs, and birds. We've had rats, mice, shrews, bats, and the unforgettable python in the cellar! All these nice presents from an indoor cat who only goes out on the balcony (screened, with an opening around the top, so the occasional bird or bat manages to land there), or in the yards on a leash.
I hate it when a cat or dog kills something, but I realize that it's instinct, and generally the victims are very young, old, or weak, and therefore very vulnerable to all predators.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

and the unforgettable python in the cellar! All these nice presents from an indoor cat who only goes out on the balcony (screened, with an opening around the top, so the occasional bird or bat manages to land there), or in the yards on a leash.
I just know I'm going to regret asking this - but a python in the basement? Garter snakes? How do you have a problem with snakes in your house? Is this common where you live?

Doesn't it scare you? If pythons and garter snakes can get in, what's to stop venemous snakes?

omg, I would JUST DIE.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

I just know I'm going to regret asking this - but a python in the basement? Garter snakes? How do you have a problem with snakes in your house? Is this common where you live?

Doesn't it scare you? If pythons and garter snakes can get in, what's to stop venemous snakes?

omg, I would JUST DIE.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...ghlight=python Luckily, we don't have venomous snakes in this area!