TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Care & Grooming › Littermaid for multiple cats?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Littermaid for multiple cats?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I've been considering getting a few Littermaids but I'm wondering how they'll do with multiple cats? I don't want to shell out the money only to have them break a few weeks later. Anyone here try them with multiples?
post #2 of 14
We have the littermaid delux. It seems to work good. We got it last December I think. I know it was not too long before Christmas.
post #3 of 14
Have had two LitterMaids (whichever the largest is) for the past couple of years. They worked well at first, one just recently kicked the bucket. I am considering the latestedt iteration as it appears to have many of the previous issues resolved.

I would suggest you check-out the litterbox-central.com for further investigation as it is a forum devoted to cat litterboxes.
post #4 of 14
Do you have a link to that site? litterbox-central.com isn't working for me.
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Thanks!

I can't believe there's a forum just for litter box dicussion! Why didn't I think of that?
post #6 of 14
http://www.litterbox-central.com/forum/ Here is the link for the forum.

I use the Litter-Robot
http://www.litter-robot.com/default....1?source=ysm01 and LOVE them!!!
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverpawz View Post
I've been considering getting a few Littermaids but I'm wondering how they'll do with multiple cats? I don't want to shell out the money only to have them break a few weeks later. Anyone here try them with multiples?
We have gone through 3 Littermaids and the dont really work that well. We have the Litter Robot. True three times the cost but it's three times better.
post #8 of 14
I have five cats and I'm on my third Littermaid in 6 months. If the darn thing breaks down again, I'm going with a different brand. I only still have the Littermaid brand after so many breakdowns because my dad built me a custom table for it. Instead of using the trays that come with it, the used litter drops into a kitchen trash can. Those trays were full every day. Using the trash can, I only need to take it out on garbage day, or whenever I can't stand the stink.
post #9 of 14
Yup, my littermaid is about to give out too. It's my 3rd. Although, I've got to say...for multi cats or even just a single cat, it sure is easier than scooping everyday. I do like that it keeps the sand cleaner. I use the corn sand (good stuff) works really well in the Littermaid.

So what is a Litter-Robot????? What is different about it?
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevogel View Post
Yup, my littermaid is about to give out too. It's my 3rd. Although, I've got to say...for multi cats or even just a single cat, it sure is easier than scooping everyday. I do like that it keeps the sand cleaner. I use the corn sand (good stuff) works really well in the Littermaid.

So what is a Litter-Robot????? What is different about it?
I use the litter robot. The difference about it is that it does not use a rake. Plus it sifts the waste from the litter so you don't loose as much litter when it runs. Not only that but you can use regular kitchen bags to collect the waste in (the waste recpticals for the litter maid are pricey). Check out their website: http://www.litter-robot.com/default.aspx?ac=1

It is a little more pricey but it works very good. I've had mine for almost two years. I used to own a litter maid but this one tops it. Plus the company is great and you get a 30 day guarantee, if you don't like it or your cats aren't taking to it you can return it for a refund.
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandlyn View Post
I use the litter robot. The difference about it is that it does not use a rake. Plus it sifts the waste from the litter so you don't loose as much litter when it runs. Not only that but you can use regular kitchen bags to collect the waste in (the waste recpticals for the litter robot are pricey). Check out their website: http://www.litter-robot.com/default.aspx?ac=1
Well that certainly looks interesting. very unique. wonder how big it is. I would have to see one in person. My cats are huge (just big breeds) My female is a Mainecoon and she's about 15lbs and my Male cat is a tuxedo and is about 14lbs. Not fat, just big.

Oh and I also use grocery bags to line my littermaid recpticals so I don't have to spend money buying replacement "waste recepticals". It's so easy.
post #12 of 14
i have 3 littermaids, having added the 3rd one this last march, when i added my 4th cat. i love mine! they all have been working fine...except just yesterday the newest one had something go wrong i'm planning to write to the company today. but i love coming home to clean boxes
post #13 of 14
I had a littermaid for several years. It worked very well, especially since one of my cats is very picky about how clean the litter box is.
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3cats View Post
I had a littermaid for several years. It worked very well, especially since one of my cats is very picky about how clean the litter box is.
to follow up on my earlier post - i emailed littermaid yesterday about the problem i was having, & they answered me today with a possible fix. came home, followed the directions - & my 3rd box is working again - so i'm still a loyal fan!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Care & Grooming
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Care & Grooming › Littermaid for multiple cats?