TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Hi Everyone!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hi Everyone!!

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
Hi Everyone! After Gaye tracked me down and called me at work (which was a call I reeeeeeallly needed on that particular day), I realized that I've been even less active than I thought...and unfortunately I can't say I'll be more active in the future for certain...things have become so busy. But I thought I'd at least drop in and say hello!

Hmmm...let's see....

My shelter is being considered for a reality show on Animal Planet and we're in the final phase of being approved...everyone so far has said yes! SO we've had some crews around the shelter lately. But otherwise, everything is fine there Kittens, kittens everywhere.

Flute is going well...I've been working really hard and really well lately. Other than one little masterclass and a bit of subbing, I haven't been performing all summer, but that's been good for me. Only one more year before I get to make my big entrance into the "real world".

Ian and I are also really good. he's been off doing an internship in New York City all summer, so I went out there for a while. He's also coming in for my big birthday on Friday! Yaaaay! And we're started considering wedding details...perhaps we'll be getting married at the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum.

My kitties are really good...Raphael has been undergoing new treatments for his IBD which have been (mostly) successful and the other 2 are doing just peachy. Leo's ear issues were actually the result of allergies and that's been taken care of...they are just happy and healthy and enjoying the fact that this apartment has A/C.

I've missed you guys, but just wanted you to know that I'm still alive!
post #2 of 24
I have to say, I LOVE your handle.
post #3 of 24
Hi Allie! Good to see you, and glad to hear eveything's going well!
post #4 of 24
Its so nice to see you back around again!

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well - keep in touch with us!
post #5 of 24
Hi, Allie! Glad things are going so well for you! I have 3 new foster kittens...they go to be neutered tomorrow!

I'm sure you have been roasting in this Illinois heat wave. Thanks for popping in to let us know you are doing ok! Stay cool!
post #6 of 24
Hi, Allie. It's great to hear from you. Glad all's well with you, Ian and the kitties!
post #7 of 24
Hi Allie!

So pleased to see you pop by! I'm glad everyone is doing well and hope that things can be a little calmer for you soon - so you can pop by again!
post #8 of 24
Hi Allie! I was just thinking about you the other day and was going to PM you to see where you'd disappeared to, glad everything is going so well!
post #9 of 24
Glad you stopped by!

That's really exciting about the TV show...will it be a series, or a one-time show? Either way, you guys will get great exposure!

Have a happy birthday (on Friday)!
post #10 of 24
The Animal Planet Show sound awesome!! Glad to hear things are going well! Hope you find time to stop in a little more regular!!
post #11 of 24
Glad to hear from you Allie! I was just thinking about you as I read The Lioness Rampant book again. Pop back in a few times, if you can!
post #12 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clixpix
Glad you stopped by!

That's really exciting about the TV show...will it be a series, or a one-time show? Either way, you guys will get great exposure!

Have a happy birthday (on Friday)!
It's going to be a series...and we've gotten ok'd by 90% of the people we need, so we're waiting on the other 10%! I'll need some forum vibes that we get put on the air and the plight of our kitties gets some good exposure!
post #13 of 24
Good vibes coming your way!
post #14 of 24
Hi, Allie! I've been wondering where you disappeared to! The "shelter reality show" sounds great - we have one here, and it really helps to raise adoption rates.
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley
Its so nice to see you back around again!

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well - keep in touch with us!
What Kenzie said!! Hi Allie!
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessrampant
It's going to be a series...and we've gotten ok'd by 90% of the people we need, so we're waiting on the other 10%! I'll need some forum vibes that we get put on the air and the plight of our kitties gets some good exposure!
be sure to tell us the name & showtimes so we can all watch it!
post #17 of 24
...Allie!, welcome back!
post #18 of 24
Completely unrelated, but is your username from the Tamora Pierce books? And your join date is my birthday
post #19 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat
Hi, Allie! I've been wondering where you disappeared to! The "shelter reality show" sounds great - we have one here, and it really helps to raise adoption rates.
I betcha IMO was getting quiet without me around!

I really hope we get the show. It would really help us sort of spread some of our more "progressive" ideals (i.e. pediatric s/n, spay/aborts on pregnant queens, no declawing, only turning away cats when we're full- not when they need special care or attention) and even get other shelters to take after us, in addition to boosting adoption rates, etc.
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessrampant
It's going to be a series...and we've gotten ok'd by 90% of the people we need, so we're waiting on the other 10%! I'll need some forum vibes that we get put on the air and the plight of our kitties gets some good exposure!
I think it sounds fantastic! Plenty of vibes for you guys to get approved. I think their Animal Precinct shows do very well, so I don't know why this wouldn't do equally well. I think it would do amazing things for your adoption rates, not to mention promoting your shelter's ideals.
post #21 of 24
I was just thinking about you Allie the other day.... GLad your doing well...
Sending vibes for the show...
post #22 of 24
Hi Allie - it was so nice to talk with you the other day, if even for a short amount of time. I am sorry it wasn't the best day for you to talk, but maybe another time. I am glad to see you back on the site, I know I missed you.

It is nice to hear everything is going so well, both for you personally and for your shelter. I leave AP channel on almost all day for the cats, they love to watch it! I will keep sending positive vibes for that other 10% to join in on the fun and hopefully, the series will gain your shelter and the cats some much needed recognition.

Again, glad to see you back,

Gaye
post #23 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gayef
Hi Allie - it was so nice to talk with you the other day, if even for a short amount of time. I am sorry it wasn't the best day for you to talk, but maybe another time. I am glad to see you back on the site, I know I missed you.

It is nice to hear everything is going so well, both for you personally and for your shelter. I leave AP channel on almost all day for the cats, they love to watch it! I will keep sending positive vibes for that other 10% to join in on the fun and hopefully, the series will gain your shelter and the cats some much needed recognition.

Again, glad to see you back,

Gaye
Trust me, Gaye. It was nice to hear a KIND voice on that particular day. We had some particular difficult calls in which it was hard to listen to the plight of the kitties and we had some callers who were particularly unfriendly that day. At first when you identified yourself, my first reaction was "Oh Geez, this is someone I talked to who is calling back to nag/call me out/insult me/demand I take their housecat/demand I fix all of their companion animal problems before 6, etc." I didn't htink in a million years it would be you!

It was really nice to be checked up on and it's very nice that you care about me enough to take the time to find me and see how I was.

And I'm sure it was getting pretty quiet over there in Kitten Care without me, eh? I thought I'd give you mods a break from my radical antics for a while!

I'm obviously off work these past few days. I had to have a minor little fibroma excised from my hand and in the past I've gotten sick from the anesthesia, so I took a few days off, so I've been around more to talk. This is a pretty big weekend for me, but I'll try and drop in more often!
post #24 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessrampant
And I'm sure it was getting pretty quiet over there in Kitten Care without me, eh?
Yup, it was. So I had to put on my Detective hat and track your errant little butt down to come back and stir things up yet once again. LOL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Hi Everyone!!