BC question for ladies...

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been on BC pills for years now to control my period - if I'm not on them, I have 3-4 periods a year and they're strong and painful.

I'm getting married in October, and I'm supposed to start my period the day after the wedding. I don't want to be bloated for the wedding, so I'm going to skip the plain pills this month and start on the active pills for next month tomorrow...so I can knock my period off a week so I can avoid that.

My question is this...I get bloated and crampy the week before my period (now) and the week of my period is a time of release...I go back to normal. Because I won't be having that this week, will my body go back to normal on its own or am I doomed to be bloated until my next period?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should be just fine
. I would double check with your gyno just to be on the safe side though. I've taken Yasmine for 4-5 yrs now and i've been pretty happy with it. Also, there are water-pills you can take to prevent bloating. They can be purchased cheaply at any drugstore,wal-mart. Check with your doctor before trying anything new though. She should be able to answer your questions over the phone i bet
. Congradulations on your wedding!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks...I'm super excited.

I don't have a regular gyno yet because I just moved to NC, so that's why I'm asking here...hopefully I'll get in there during the next month or so.

Thanks for the info.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope everything goes well. I think you should do just fine skipping the placebos for the wedding. Don't forget to post pictures when you get back from your honeymoon!

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Hope everything goes well. I think you should do just fine skipping the placebos for the wedding. Don't forget to post pictures when you get back from your honeymoon!
We're actually not taking a honeymoon -- my fiancÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] is in the Army and leave is hard to get, so we're going to save up money for a big trip when he gets out in 2008. We're going to spend a few days before and after the wedding in Cleveland, relaxing and visiting with my family.

I'll definitely post pics...I've planned the entire wedding myself and it's going to be beautiful...lol, but I may be a bit biased.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea! I can't wait to see your wedding pictures when the big day happens! I definitely understand the military thing- Colin was a lt. in the navy...and was pretty high up the chain before he got out in Nov after 8yrs. It's hard to plan anything around a military schedule. Colin's a police officer now...6 days on 3 days off- so i definitely like that better...lol but the level of safety is about the same
./ But look at the bright side- by the time you save up for your big trip- you won't have to worry about setting up your house and the little things that happen right after the wedding. You'll just be able to enjoy yourselves! So that's awesome! And it's totally cool that you get to plan the wedding your way! Believe me, i will plan mine the same way if Colin ever grows a set of testicals and propses. I'm a lisenced wedding planner/ florist- lol
i've had my wedding planned for 3 yrs lol....shhh, don't tell Colin
/ Anyways, Congradulations again!!! I can't wait to see wedding pics!

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol, don't worry...it took Erik 6 years of dating to propose.
It was a money thing, he wanted to do it the "right" way...but it was still frustrating!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Yea! I can't wait to see your wedding pictures when the big day happens! I definitely understand the military thing- Colin was a lt. in the navy...and was pretty high up the chain before he got out in Nov after 8yrs. It's hard to plan anything around a military schedule. Colin's a police officer now...6 days on 3 days off- so i definitely like that better...lol but the level of safety is about the same
./ But look at the bright side- by the time you save up for your big trip- you won't have to worry about setting up your house and the little things that happen right after the wedding. You'll just be able to enjoy yourselves! So that's awesome! And it's totally cool that you get to plan the wedding your way! Believe me, i will plan mine the same way if Colin ever grows a set of testicals and propses. I'm a lisenced wedding planner/ florist- lol
i've had my wedding planned for 3 yrs lol....shhh, don't tell Colin
/ Anyways, Congradulations again!!! I can't wait to see wedding pics!
It's been three and a half years for me and Trav too and I'm still waiting for my ring! We should start a "waiting for the ring" thread
MEN!

Congrats to you, Crystal!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I took the pill to skip my periods entirely because they were painful. I would recommend skipping the placebos for the next two months. It took a couple of months for me to not have any sign of a period. I think that just trying to delay it a week won't entirely work because you may still have some light discomfort and bleeding. After the wedding, you can then get back onto a regular schedule.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

It's been three and a half years for me and Trav too and I'm still waiting for my ring! We should start a "waiting for the ring" thread
MEN!
!
Due to the number of complaints about our clueless boyfriends who have yet to pop the question, i have decided your scheme is excellent and i will immedately be starting a "waiting for the ring" thread as soon as i finish this post!
!!! Awesome Idea!