TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Fur Pictures and Videos Only! › Little No Tail Darlnig
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Little No Tail Darlnig

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I went to the shelter today and put a deposit on this little girl. She's not ready to be released till Friday.

She must not be more than six or eight weeks old. I was really surprised at how young she is when I saw her in person. They had her listed as a Manx or Bobtail. All I know is she is such a tiny little tailess cat.

Is it normal for a tailess cat to have the spot where a tail would be look like a baby's umbilical cord healing? I thought it would just be no tail, not look as if something had been there.

I haven't the slightest idea what I am going to name this girl. Any suggestions?

I know I need to stay away from that shelter because those cats and kits all reach out of their cages at me as I go by and I want to save them all. It is so hard to have to walk away from them.

Anyway... here are the pics the shelter has up of her.


They also had a black and white Maine Coon mix that was really tugging at my heart strings. I know I can't afford more cats, but have a feeling if he is still available when I go to pick up this girl he may be coming home with us too.
Someone help me.... I have no self control!
post #2 of 14
Aw... he's cute! It sounds to me like the kitten got his tail cut off by something... there shouldn't be a spot where it looks like it is healing unless it was cut off by someone/something at some point in the recent past.
post #3 of 14
She's so pretty and so dainty and uh... based solely on the fact you said black and white ( love it) and mainecoon mix(=long hair, love it more) he would definately be coming home with his new baby sister. I, too, have NO self control. Hm... that's why we were suppose to stop at 5, and now have 6, go figure
post #4 of 14
Our kitty got her tail amputated after it got broken. You can see her stump in this picture, is that what your kitty's looks like?

post #5 of 14

Here's a good shot of Joey's rumpy tail. there was a dip where the tail should be, but nothing healing, no sore of any kind. the skin & fur grew, so he has a little bit of fluff now, like a cottontail rabbit. he had long back legs and looked like a kanagaroo baby, hence the name Joey. Your new girl looks like she will be leggy & short coupled, too. Congratulations on your new Manx
post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alikatt FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium
She's so pretty and so dainty and uh... based solely on the fact you said black and white ( love it) and mainecoon mix(=long hair, love it more) he would definately be coming home with his new baby sister. I, too, have NO self control. Hm... that's why we were suppose to stop at 5, and now have 6, go figure [/font]
I found out last night that the little tux Main Coon mix is a girl rather than a boy, but what the heck, they all end up unsexed anyway!
I'm thinking of going down there today to see if she is still available instead of waiting till tomorrow. I spent most of last night wishing I had put a deposit on her too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodivaAw
... he's cute! It sounds to me like the kitten got his tail cut off by something... there shouldn't be a spot where it looks like it is healing unless it was cut off by someone/something at some point in the recent past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp
Our kitty got her tail amputated after it got broken. You can see her stump in this picture, is that what your kitty's looks like?
Nope, she has no stump at all. My memory is so holey that I am having trouble picturing her little spot now. I don't think it was an amputation since she is so young and the guy at the shelter said she came in as a stray. I am now finding a reason to go back today to look at her and maybe pick up the little tuxedo if she is still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknowme
Here's a good shot of Joey's rumpy tail. there was a dip where the tail should be, but nothing healing, no sore of any kind. the skin & fur grew, so he has a little bit of fluff now, like a cottontail rabbit. he had long back legs and looked like a kanagaroo baby, hence the name Joey. Your new girl looks like she will be leggy & short coupled, too. Congratulations on your new Manx
After you saying that and looking at the picture again, you may be right about her rear legs being longer.
When I get her home I will definitely get better pictures of her and post them.

I think it's time to get around and head to the shelter. Maybe I won't come home alone.
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru
I found out last night that the little tux Main Coon mix is a girl rather than a boy, but what the heck, they all end up unsexed anyway!
I'm thinking of going down there today to see if she is still available instead of waiting till tomorrow. I spent most of last night wishing I had put a deposit on her too.
I'd do it . Maybe you won't have to put down a deposit if she's still there when you go get the other one, since you are offering to take 2. I don't know how it works, but then again I haven't heard of having to put down a deposit for a cat at a shelter either. OH, not to mention, adopting 2, you might get a lower adoption fee, and they would have each other, which I think is important, especially with the transition of being brought into their new furever home with you. I am wishing you tons of luck! And sending tons of {{{{{{ happy adoption }}}}}}} vibes
post #8 of 14
My newest baby doesn't have a tail either but there is not a spot that is missing fur. Looks to me like mine was born that way. Just a tiny stub of where her tail should have been! But its too cute!!
post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 
I went back to the shelter today and the black and white coon mix girl was still available so I put a deposit on her. I can't bring her home till tomorrow either. I asked if I could just pay for both now, but they don't allow that because they can't have two owners of a pet.
I then asked if I could wait till 5:oo pm and then we would technically be going into the next day and they could come home with me then. The woman at least got a laugh while telling me no.

At first I thought the little tuxie was gone because she had been moved to a new cage. This girl is making me work to get her.

On another note, they also had the little grey girl moved to another cage and I sought her out. The poor thing was laying completely flat and looked kind of lifeless and depressed. I went ahead and took her out of the cage and held her and talked to her. Told her she would be coming home with me tomorrow and could have a real happy life. I felt so bad to see her that way.

I know I could not handle working in a kill shelter with those poor adorable animals I would be too sad and always trying to scheme a way to save them all.

Ya know, I think people that have pets and refuse to spay and neuter should have to spend time working in such a place. Maybe then they would understand the importance of it.

Anyway... Tomorrow my girls will be coming to their new home and learnnig what a camera is!
I'm sooooooooo anxious and excited!
post #10 of 14
I'm so excited for you! If it weren't for my husbands influence (he's my reality bite) I would have no self control and our apartment would be over-run with shelter kitties.
post #11 of 14
Yay!!!! More pictures!!!!
I want another now too. Must*not*adopt*every cat in sight! I just keep repeating that to myself.
post #12 of 14
I, too, am looking forward to picture's! I hope everything goes smoothly, and I am so happy you are getting them both!
post #13 of 14
I'm so glad you're bringing them home - I know it must break your heart to have them in the shelter - but soon they will be safe in your loving arms.
post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 
Ok,
I got a few pics today. Most didn't come out too good. Those little girls are hard to photograph with moving around so fast and it's difficut to get the little black and white girl in focus.
Here are a couple cuties though.



These two girls are going to be real devils. They were not caged together at the pound and they do a lot of hissing and growling with some occasional swatting at each other.

They also don't have a problem warning the big cats off that come to look in the cage.

I'm going to put a pic of the little grey girl in the "Show me your tailless kitty!" thread. Maybe I can get some better ones tomorrow. I am wondering now if she did lose her tail right after birth. Once I get a good pic I will post and ask opinions.

Steve wants to call the girl Boo, but I haven't settled on that yet.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fur Pictures and Videos Only!
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Fur Pictures and Videos Only! › Little No Tail Darlnig