Nothings simple in the cats life

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Of course, nothing can be easy for me.

On Monday, Willie had to get neutered.
We dropped him off at 9:00, and picked him up at 4:30

When we picked him up, he was still being a bobble head and was still so high on drugs. Only one of his testacles had dropped down (one was still in his stomach), so he had an extra insicion. They even had to give him an extra IV. He was prescribed Metacam (a pain reliever)
He couldn't walk, even on Tuesday morning. Although he wasn't that much of a bobble hewad anymore, and he could stay standing for a few seconds if I helped him up, and he could even scoot around a little more, he was not well. He couldn't walk, and he was such a drug head.

We got a call from the doctor on Tuesday, asking how he was. We told him, and we ended up bringing him down to the office. He was going to have a sleepover, while they observed him. I fet so upset, although I know he won't pass away. He might end up with brain surgery, unable to walk, hold his head up, etc.

But really don't mind, because I know he's still the same cat. Watever trouble I might have to go through would be fine. I would do diapers, surgerys, and more. I would not put him to sleep, unless he was sufering or in pain.

My mother thinks he might have a condition that her sister's cat has. She can't remember the name as of now, but he does have attacks where, when the other cat goes near him, he will freak our, claw furnature, and get cought on the furnature, because he doesn't have any control. He is a bobble head as well, sometimes.

I'm waiting for a call from the vet right now. Im getting very excited in a bad way, worrying that he might not be ok.

Put Willie in your prayers for me and wish himgood luck

Thanks so much for reading.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willie and you are both in my prayers.

I have the deepest admiration for your resolve to care for him, surpassed only by my hope that you never need call on it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, the vet called back, to tell me how Willie is doing

He isn't doing any better. They are doing tests for red and white blood cells, also electrolytes.

I really don't know what to do with myself. I'm just so afraid that if he doesn't get any better, than I might just have to put him down. The only reason being that I have to go back to school in september from 8:00 to 3:30.

I will try my hardest, trust me, I wont put him down unless he's in paina nd the vet recommend's it. Wish us luck!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willie'sLove

I will try my hardest, trust me, I wont put him down unless he's in paina nd the vet recommend's it. Wish us luck!
I'm sorry to hear things haven't improved, you both remain in my prayers.

Good luck, my best wishes go with you.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I'm definitely praying for you and Willie.

Things will be just fine, as it sounds like he's in good hands. Chin up! I'm sure it will be better soon!

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just talked to the vet...

He is standing now, but low, so he can hold him self up.
He even used his liter box. He is probably going to be ab le to come home today!!!!!!!!!! That means he's gonna be ok!!!

They are waiting to hear from the neurologist. When h gives he ok, then Willi's alright!

He might need some physical therapy, and might need diapers, but Willie gets to stay with me!

We think he had a problem we didn't know about, and the anesthesia made it even worse.

On the bad side, he might never be able to play downstairs with his best friends(dogs) and he may never be able to be an outdoor cat.

I think hes gonna be fine. He has a lot of people who care for him. His mom(me), his grandma, grandpa, stepgrandpa, stepgrandma, neighbors, uncles and aunts(uncles and aunts are humans and dogs), and even his friends at the vets office.

Thanks for all the prayers that let him servive and not have to be put to sleep!

Willie's got Love

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Actually, we picked Willie up at around 5:15. They did not get in touch with the neuralogist. The doctor said he's never seen anything like this before. He can walk(mostly wabble) now and can do a few things. But he is traped in a useless body. If he were born this way it would be one thing, but he has lived free before this.

I was really looking forward to see him grow up, but it is just so sad. Everyone has been crying when they see his useless body.

If he doesn't improve in the next day or two (he has improved more everyday so he should), I think I'm gonna have to put him down. Its just too sad.

Hope for Willie, ok?
He is a miracle. Can a miracle happen to a miracle? Of course.

I love my best friend, Willie, so much.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending Willie get well vibes..... I have my fingers crossed for Willie and you. Come on little fellow...get better.....

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness! Poor sweet Willie! Lotsa vibes for your boy to come round, and for you to feel calm in the meantime.

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm sorry I havent updated on this in a while, buyt I was just so out of it for a while.

So, I few days after that, we talk to this top nitch (you can tell by the prices too) vet. He thinks that Willie might have dies on the table and they vevived him. The 1'st vet didnt sahve around the IV, if he DID even give him one. He didn't shave well enough around the exdtra insision that he had (one of his testacles hadn't descended down far enough when they did the sugery, so they had to go find it).

We brought him home with some medicaine for his head and for the FEVER and INFECTION that he had. This was on Wednesday.

On Saturday night, he started to bleed out of the extra incision. I called the local animal emergency and they told me that If it keep pouring out, come in(it had stopped already). I little whiole later, he had a lot smaller of a spot, and I thought nothing of it. Then around 11:45 pm, he got a spot on my bed about 4 inches in diameter. That was enough. We brought him in and he was givin a cone so he wouln't lick the area any more(he was licking it quite a bit).

On Monday, we took him tothe top notch vet. He stayed there until Thursday afternoon! The vet showed us how it had completely opened up. He has to have a treatment 2 times a day(along with his 2 other oral medacines twice a day as well). First you put iodine in the woumd,then wipe it down, then but bacitracin. I thank this vet so much for helping Willie so greatly. I better call that vet up again today and show him what he caused in my life. my moms life, and Willie's life, and of cousre all the other people that care aboutme or him. He screwed up a million things doing surgery, and the new vet we went to thinks that he should not have sent him home in the fist place in the condition he was in

I called the animal shelter(which gave me a slip to get Willie neutered for free at this horible vet). They said they have been using him for 2 years and have never had a complaint. We're going to call the better business to put on record what this guy did.

Prayers for Willie anybody?
Prayers for me, my mom, dad, siter, brothers, and everyone else in Willie's life would be great too!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry Willie and your family have had to go through all this! but thank goodness he is getting the care he needs now. My heart goes out to you all

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
“Blessed are you, Lord God, maker of all living creatures. You called forth fish in the sea, birds in the air and animals on the land. You inspired St. Francis to call all of them his brothers and sisters. We ask you to bless this pet. By the power of your love, enable it to live according to your plan. May we always praise you for all your beauty in creation. Blessed are you, Lord our God, in all your creatures! Amen.â€

Heavenly Father, you created all things in your glory and made us stewards of this creature. If it is your will, restore it to health and strength. Blessed are you, Lord God and holy is your name for ever and ever. Amen.

I have been saying these prayers with Bella!

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am praying for Willie and you and your family. Please keep us updated as to Willies condition.