or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Anuric Renal Failure
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anuric Renal Failure

post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 
We had to put our one year old kitty to sleep Monday & am still all torn up over it. We had the kidneys sent off to be tested, but in the meantime, I'm trying to understand what happened for my own peace of mind. He got a cold from one of our other cats & then a week later, he was vomiting. The next day, his blood test showed BUN 130, Creat 13.5, & Phosph 9.78. They pumped various levels of fluids in him throughout the weekend but he wouldn't pee. Monday, they did an ultrasound & told us there was no blood flow in his right kidney & limited blood flow in his left kidney. His BUN had increased to 240, & Creat to 19. Has anyone heard of this before? My vet said it's unusual for there to be no blood flow & for this to happen so quick like this. Any ideas? Thanks.
post #2 of 3
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved kitty. It's never easy having gone through what you did with your cat but try and remember that you did the best you could.

A few things that I can think of that would cause a reduced blood flow to the kidneys are some drugs like ibuprofen, poor heart function and an overwhelming infection.

I'm not really sure what to think since I have never delt with a case such as yours. It certainly sounds a little odd happening so fast. Hopefully the histopath on the kidneys will be able to provide you with more information on what happened to your kitty.
post #3 of 3
I was just reading your post about your kitty, I can't give you any advise or information, I can only give you sympathy. How terrible to have this happen to such a young cat.
Hopefully, the test results will provide you with some answers. My thoughts are with you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Health
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Anuric Renal Failure