My cat Bella keeps lifting u her front paw

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so scared, Bella has already lost her left back leg to cancer, and now she keeps lifting her right front paw up. I can't get into the vet till 3.She has been on chemo since May 17th. I'm totally freaked!!!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww try and not get stressed too much or Bella will pick up on it

It may be nothing. Can you see anything on her paw?.

At least your going to have her seen today so you won't have too long to wait, but keep us updated.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just hang in there til 3, and try to distract yourself until then.

I'll keep you both in my prayers, and please let us know how it goes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
okay we are back from the vet. She took x-rays but saw no cancer in the leg as of yet but said it could be rapid growing and wants her to have x-rays again in 2 weeks. But she is not saying it's cancer...she said it could be a soft tissue injury because shes compensating for the missing back leg.Also they took her CBC blood work and did a blood panel because she has puked for a few days.We will get the results tomorrow. Uggghhhh!!
Please pray for my sweet girl!!!

forget-me-not

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor thing! Both Astrid and I will be thinking of you and wishing you well. Here's to a full and speedy recovery for Bella and no more bad news. Best wishes.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Just checking to see if Bellas results are in yet?
Thank you so much for thinking of Bella I am so stressed out right now, the results are not in yet, probably this afternoon...I'm actually more worried that this could be cancer in her front leg now I seriously don't think I can handle this, she is the love of my life, I can't stop crying I look like a prize fighter. thanks again for your concern, you are so sweet, I will post as soon as they call me with the blood work results

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just talked to Bellas vet all her blood work came back excellent..CBC and blood panel for Liver & Kidney! Still need prayers for her leg situation, will keep you updated on it! Thanks

kittiluv

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
wishing all the best for Bella. What a face.....she's precious!! And she's so lucky to have a mom who cares for her as well as you do!!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just got back from the vet and he said he feels a little something on her bone, most likely it's the cancer again like in her now missing back leg. The vet does not want to say that just yet he's trying to be positive but we can't do another xray and expect to see any changes until next week so really all we can do for her is pain meds. It is so rare in cats for cancer to go from the lung to the leg he wants to write about her in a journal of medicine.
Thank you all for your prayers, we so appreciate them. Bella is the love of my life and I feel as though I will just fall apart without her.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bella, your Mommy is so observant to catch this early sign so quickly and rush you off to the Dr. to ensure something be done immediately to further assess your sweet paw.

This must be tearing you up to pieces to think your little baby may have to go through another challenge. I am absolutely praying for your beautiful sweetheart! Bella baby, your Mommy loves you so much and is going to take excellent care of you. As she remains forever at your side, my heart is with you both.

My girlies send sweet snuggles, please feel better very soon, precious little girl.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your prayers, Bella is not using the paw at all but she's kind of moving fast when she's walking I think to keep up her momentum. Her appetite is great I bring the food to her most of the time so maybe that's why she's eating so much. She's so sweet and I am so sad for her to go through this. She pretty much hangs with me all day and I take her to the litter and to her water she lets me know when she needs to move I just don't want her to injure herself. She purrs and touches me all the time it's too cute she woke me up this morning rubbing her back leg down my back, she didn't like it that I was not facing her. I am enjoying every minute with her... always have actually!!