or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Feral Cats and Rescue › Cats S.O.S › Craiglist warning! Please READ! URGENT!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Craiglist warning! Please READ! URGENT!

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Have to share this with u all. Please pass it on!!

http://www.care2.com/c2c/share/detail/25253

Disgusting, and sickening!!
post #2 of 16
That is terrible. I am a little confused though, everything looks to be 6 or more years older. Have there been new cases of this guy?

I looked on the Ft Myers craigslist and found no mention of it, I'm sure if he was there and active would be all kinds of posts about him, I always see them here about "free to good home ads" and such.

I do hope they've locked him away by now!
post #3 of 16
That has been splashed all over the Atlanta Craigslist off and on for several months now. Supposedly he was last seen in Gwinette County or some such. I don't believe that he's here though as no one has evidence to back up the claims, just "he was last seen at an animal shelter in Atlanta!". Well, if he was seen, why didn't people do something?

But if reading about him and what's he's done will convince some people to charge a small adoption fee and check into who their pets are going home with, then that's good.

~Julia
post #4 of 16
ooo I have been wondering what this guy looked like. I have heard so much about him and read so many warnings. Glad they finally have a picture.
post #5 of 16
Okay, curiosity got the better of me, and I did more digging.

As of May 2006, he lives in Long Beach, CA. And probably still.
post #6 of 16
I wish that he would contact me so I could do to him what he has done to those helpless animals!!!!
post #7 of 16
The disgusting part is someone who would do this would only get 90 days in jail and then released to do it some more. Laws need to be changed !!!
post #8 of 16
That sick specimen!!

I honestly don't think I could do to him what he has done to those poor animals, as much as I would love to.The thought just sickens me.

But I am sure there are some people with a harder stomach that would be prepared to dish out some justice to IT

But I think I could bounce IT off my front bumper given half a chance!

I just pray something can be done about it.
post #9 of 16
I was just on Craigslist the other day, and I saw a statement saying that they no longer accept animal postings. So that is good news.
post #10 of 16
Wait, what?
I've looked at several today, including the LA one, and they all say no retail sales, but that charging a small adoption fee is okay. And there is a warning about free-to-a-good-home ads too if you try posting. But you can still rehome animals on Craigslist. If there's one they've stopped it on that would be awesome and I hope the rest follow suit very quickly.

I think this guy got most of his victims from shelters though. Blargh.
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom
Wait, what?
I've looked at several today, including the LA one, and they all say no retail sales, but that charging a small adoption fee is okay. And there is a warning about free-to-a-good-home ads too if you try posting. But you can still rehome animals on Craigslist. If there's one they've stopped it on that would be awesome and I hope the rest follow suit very quickly.

I think this guy got most of his victims from shelters though. Blargh.

Maybe it is just in my area, I'm not sure. But I clicked on Maryland, and then post a listing, and I saw this:


general for sale (no animal sales on craigslist please)
post #12 of 16
Craigslist has a Community section called Pets, where you can post adoption notices. They do forbid the sale of pets in the general section, but it's self monitored. (you can post your pet for sale, but chances are other members will flag it as being in the wrong section and it will be pulled down)

~Julia
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlutgendorf
Craigslist has a Community section called Pets, where you can post adoption notices. They do forbid the sale of pets in the general section, but it's self monitored. (you can post your pet for sale, but chances are other members will flag it as being in the wrong section and it will be pulled down)

~Julia

Oh okay, I didn't know, I'm not that familiar with the site. Thanks for explaining!
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami
The disgusting part is someone who would do this would only get 90 days in jail and then released to do it some more. Laws need to be changed !!!
If the law says the maximum sentence is 90 days he probably got probation or a suspended sentence. The laws definitely need to be changed. Maybe he has moved on to humans now.
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by consumercity
If the law says the maximum sentence is 90 days he probably got probation or a suspended sentence. The laws definitely need to be changed. Maybe he has moved on to humans now.
I clicked on your Coalition For Animal Justice link below your signature and signed the petition to make animal cruelty a federal offense with a mandatory prison sentence. I also added my name as an added member for the Coalition For Animal Justice.

Perhaps some more people here can sign the petition, as well, to help speak for those who cannot speak for themselves.
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami
I clicked on your Coalition For Animal Justice link below your signature and signed the petition to make animal cruelty a federal offense with a mandatory prison sentence. I also added my name as an added member for the Coalition For Animal Justice.

Perhaps some more people here can sign the petition, as well, to help speak for those who cannot speak for themselves.

Excellent idea
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cats S.O.S
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Feral Cats and Rescue › Cats S.O.S › Craiglist warning! Please READ! URGENT!