TCS members from Ohio/Cleveland area?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey everyone!

I'm going to be in Ohio next week, and while my schedule is pretty full for the weekdays, I'm planning on spending Sunday, August 6th in Cleveland with Christy (okeefecl) before my plane leaves at 5:00 p.m. We were wondering if there is anyone in the area would be interested in meeting up for lunch, possibly somewhere downtown? I would love to meet some more TCSers!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Hey everyone!

I'm going to be in Ohio next week, and while my schedule is pretty full for the weekdays, I'm planning on spending Sunday, August 6th in Cleveland with Christy (okeefecl) before my plane leaves at 5:00 p.m. We were wondering if there is anyone in the area would be interested in meeting up for lunch, possibly somewhere downtown? I would love to meet some more TCSers!!
I'm from that area! I would love to meet up! Hopefully I can get that day off work

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww
I have to work that day and I'm getting paid double overtime. Or I'd be there in a heartbeat. Hopkins is literally 5 minutes from my house.

If you will be around the airport area, I have lots of suggestions and could give you directions to them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope you can get the day off of work too, Katie.

Kass, one of these years I'm just going to have to fly out there early and come up to Toronto to meet you, Rob and Nakita!

I certainly wouldn't ask you to give up double OT for me.
I'm out in Ohio every year, first week in August. They just changed the schedule on us this year, which gives me an extra day.
So if it doesn't work this year, maybe next year.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm where at in Cleveland? Me and Trav are in Westlake on Sunday afternoons for his softball games. Maybe we could meet up with you guys too!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

Hmmm where at in Cleveland? Me and Trav are in Westlake on Sunday afternoons for his softball games. Maybe we could meet up with you guys too!
Well, I'm in the Heights on the east side, but I think we can be pretty flexible. After all, Heidi has to go where I take her
I was thinking maybe somewhere downtown? I'd like to try and eat at a local Cleveland place if at all possible.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks like I can get off work! My manager had blocked requests off for the day, but I'm a good employee so he said he's do what he could
Downtown sounds cool! not real familiar with the area (i live about 45 mins to an hour south of Cleveland)but I'll ask someone

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wish I could meet you guys, but Jerry is wisking me away for a romantic weekend for our anniversary which is the 5th.........make sure you guys take pics!!! Good luck shooting Heidi!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey I should be able to come! I really don't think I am doing anything that day. I have to check with my mother though because we have a family reunion in August, but I think it would be on a Saturday...so I should be able to make it. Do you know the east side area at all? There is a really GREAT (cheap, especially during lunch) Chinese restaurant called Li-Wah. It is right in downtown Cleveland. They bring little plates of all different types of food for everyone to try. Only been here twice but it's good.

Li Wah Restaurant
(216) 696-6556 \t
2999 Payne Ave
Cleveland, OH

There is also a great Japanese Restaurant called Otani in Cleveland, on the eastside near Mayfield/University Heights. It is VERY cheap and very good. 2 co-workers and I ate there for $19. (I am a little hard up for cash right now so I am trying to suggest inexpensive places that are really good food)

Otani Japanese Restaurant
(440) 442-7098 \t
1625 Golden Gate Plz
Cleveland, OH Map

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Otani Japanese Restaurant
Has the best sushi outside of japan that i have had, hehe well better then some of the places in japan even.

oh yea, we took some real japanese students to eat there one time(going to school in ashland) and they wanted to go back...

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Elyria! I had relatives that live there that we don't talk to anymore. I sure hope you aren't them!
no just kidding. I have no problem with them, just between my parents and them really, they were pretty cool cousins.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well i live kinda in between elyria and lagrange ,
now. Also my degree is from Kent State

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
whoo good you aren't them, well I don't think. I suppose they could have moved from the elyria area
My one cousin did go to Kent State for awhile.... My uncle was in the Navy though long time ago. I seriously doubt you are them I am just joking around. Know anyone form the Elyria area with the last name that is very Polish and starts with a C and ends in an -ski?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm not that i can remember, i have only been back to this area for 2 or 3 years now. I really dont have any friends left around here.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*bump*

I don't get out much, I am looking forward to this, don't want it to get forgotten

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was thinking of something along the lines of the Great Lakes Brewing Company, or Hecks in Ohio City (*the* best burgers). But sushi sounds good, too.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

whoo good you aren't them, well I don't think. I suppose they could have moved from the elyria area
My one cousin did go to Kent State for awhile.... My uncle was in the Navy though long time ago. I seriously doubt you are them I am just joking around. Know anyone form the Elyria area with the last name that is very Polish and starts with a C and ends in an -ski?
Aren't you describing about half of Elyria with that question? LOL

I'd love to go, but I have plans that can't be broken.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm really happy that some people can make it!
Since I don't know anyplace in Cleveland (though I sure do in Port Clinton and Catawba Island!!), you guys figure out the details and I'll be along with Christy for the ride.
As long as I'm at the airport by around 3:00, I'll be happy.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by okeefecl

I was thinking of something along the lines of the Great Lakes Brewing Company, or Hecks in Ohio City (*the* best burgers). But sushi sounds good, too.
lol sushi was just a idea,
I will let you ladies have girls night out with no men