What are your hobbies?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am looking for a new Hobby!
Unfortunately my mind is blank, I'm not even able to tell a person what my Hobbies are!!!!

Share some of yours please

jin & spawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think I have the same problem! When someone asks I just stare blankly and then answer as if asking a question: "Uh... I crochet?"

So there it is. I crochet. And I read. Are those really hobbies? I don't think taking care of 2 cats, 4 guinea pigs and a husband are considered hobbies... I think that's considered work!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to cross-stitch and make jewelry. I cross-stitch when I just want to do something mindless with my hands, and I make jewelry when I want to be more creative. A couple of examples already in Photobucket:

These I just made for me.

My best friend is getting married in two weeks and she requested that I make these for her. There's a necklace too with a blue bead that dangles off the back clasp for her "something blue".

agent_haun

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

I love to cross-stitch and make jewelry. I cross-stitch when I just want to do something mindless with my hands, and I make jewelry when I want to be more creative. A couple of examples already in Photobucket:

These I just made for me.

My best friend is getting married in two weeks and she requested that I make these for her. There's a necklace too with a blue bead that dangles off the back clasp for her "something blue".
Beautiful!

Right now I'm making a latch hook pillow, but I like to sew and do beading too. It's summer, so I have lots of extra time.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suppose fostering is a hobby. Other than that, reading, walking, listening to music, and I suppose my internet addiction could be classed as a hobby!!

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

I love to cross-stitch and make jewelry. I cross-stitch when I just want to do something mindless with my hands, and I make jewelry when I want to be more creative. :
Wow you are sooo good. I like your work

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't have many hobbies either. I am trying out scrap booking and I like it sooo far.
I take so many pictures mostly of my pets

mamasquishy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My biggest hobby is writing. thats what I am gonna do when I grow up lol. Actually I am almost finished with my first book. What kind of hobby are you looking for? Outdoorsy are ya, try fishing, it relaxing and fun. Also it isn't as gruesome as hunting. Hiking is also so great, it is just sooooooo hot. If you are the indoor type, music is a wonderful way to vent. Learn about the history, maybe write or compose your own. Reading, and painting are also great. You can go to Wally World and get inexpensive "learn to paint" or draw kits. And making bracelets is really fun too. I have had to learn to keep my mind going after I became a stay at home mom. It's hard to stay stimulated when the most intriguing conversation you have in sevral hours is about Cabbage patch's clothes or Sponge Bob....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive thought about fishing, but where the heck can i fish here in germany??

Emily you are so talanted i wish i would make jewelery like you!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I love fishing, but my ex husband stole my fishing pole so at some point I need to get a new one. And I love swimming I just love water in general. And I enjoy watching hummingbirds outside my house and I enjoy cooking and baking. And I enjoy sewing although my sewing could use a bit of work I keep saying one day I will have a nice house where I can have a basement and have a sewing machine. I enjoy just sitting outside on the front porch when the weather is nice. I really miss working dayshift so I can enjoy the days around me. I also love reading and listening to music. And I love four wheelers and mudding.
Guess I am still a tomboy.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Emily you are so talanted i wish i would make jewelery like you!
It's super easy! I taught myself by buying a couple of books and going to these websites:

http://www.firemountaingems.com/

http://www.beadshop.com/

You just have to tell yourself that no ones FIRST project is perfect and that really you're the only one that notices tiny imperfections anyway.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to camp,fish,sew,quilt/aplique,read books,surf the net,4 wheeling,knitting/crotche,do things with my hubby and 4 kids,take care of our furry friends........hmmmmmm can't think of anything else.
Here are a couple of my quilts.
the first is a paw print quilt for a pup/dog

House that Jack Built

And my FAVORITE!!! I call it a Whirlygig

That jewelry is GORGEOUS!!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hmmm... let's see.... Reading, gardening, photography, I guess lately making signatures with Photoshop
I also do crafts, scrapbooking and cross stitching, but haven't had the time lately.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Ive thought about fishing, but where the heck can i fish here in germany??
Are IT contact i talk to all the time in Germany tells me fishing stories all the time, so there must be some place

Well you could try motorcycles? those are fun. how about gaming ?
or even better role playing games those are social.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

House that Jack Built

And my FAVORITE!!! I call it a Whirlygig
those are NICE.
heeh that is all i have one my bed is stuff my grandmother or aunts have made me
poor little quilts have been all over the place

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
horse back riding, swimming, and shopping
I read every now and then.