Kids Say the Darndest Things!!!

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My almost 3 year old is hilarious. Her innocence makes everything funny! Today, on two separate instances, she had both me and my husband crying because we were laughing so hard.

Zinger #1:
Sitting on the couch, after lunch (my husband normally comes home for lunch) we were all watching Play With Me Sesame. Burt told Elmo that he was a loud monster. I turned to Annabelle and said "You are a loud monster sometimes, too." She replied instantly with "You can say that again!"

Zinger #2:
Annabelle has a habit of following both me and DH into the bathroom. I walked around the corner ans saw my husband standing and using the facilites laughing so hard, I'm sure he had to be missing the toilet. I asked what was up and he said, Annabelle just asked me why I have a tail.

Anyone else have any good ones?

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh! I love it! I work with three year olds and they are at the perfect age!

One of my kids was upset about something and was screaming and throwing a tantrum. Riley comes over and looks at one of the other teachers and says "He's an angry elf" and he was so serious about it!(from the movie Elf if you don't know) It was too cute! This same little boy named a toy zebra Jenny. When I told mom, she said he doesn't even KNOW a Jenny! Kids absolutely do say the darndnest things!

Trust me, I'm sure I'll come up with more!

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnnasMom

My almost 3 year old is hilarious. Her innocence makes everything funny! Today, on two separate instances, she had both me and my husband crying because we were laughing so hard.

Zinger #1:
Sitting on the couch, after lunch (my husband normally comes home for lunch) we were all watching Play With Me Sesame. Burt told Elmo that he was a loud monster. I turned to Annabelle and said "You are a loud monster sometimes, too." She replied instantly with "You can say that again!"

Zinger #2:
Annabelle has a habit of following both me and DH into the bathroom. I walked around the corner ans saw my husband standing and using the facilites laughing so hard, I'm sure he had to be missing the toilet. I asked what was up and he said, Annabelle just asked me why I have a tail.

Anyone else have any good ones?
hahahahaha... too cute

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnnasMom

Zinger #2:
that is hysterical!!!!

I have a few good ones! - I work with older 1 yr olds- younger 2 yr olds all day

Yesterday, one of the little boys, Landen, who happens to be in the habit of grabbing his teachers bottoms and giggling decided to be a little bolder! (he's seen his daddy do that to his mommy- his mom has appologized for his "bottom antics"

well, anyways, yesterday, the children were playing with baby dolls when one of the little girls, Ashton, bent over to pick up her baby doll...Landen decided it would be a grand idea to jump on her and then he smacked her bottom!
It was soo funny i didn't know what to do
. Ashton has this stunned look on her face and Landen well, was being Landen. - while trying not to crack up i told Landen to get off of Ashton because we "don't climb on our friends or smack their bottoms"....he simply replied "NO"... lol so i put him in time out and turned around so that he wouldn't see me laughing at what he had done- goodness! Those kids are starting early nowdays
! I wish i could see the play back on the security camera in the room.

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is soo cute...I use to love that show that came on...Kids say whatever is on their mind....

mamasquishy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Having a four year old and a six year old has taught me some major humillity....My six year old had been going through a phase not too long ago where she was constantly in trouble. One morning she freaked me out. I asked her what was wrong, if she was angry, sad, etc. We have had alot of major life changes this past year. And she told me she misbehaved becacuse the voices made her do it.......
I guess she is my child. lol, and my four year old likes to pull her dress up, anytime. Which is awful because she is such a girly girl. One day I told her it isn't polite to do that, in front of anyone. She asked me why, I told her other people don't want to see your privates. She proceeded to tell my mother inlaw....."I can't show my ti**ies to anyone, it is rude" I about died!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter and I were having a conversation that turned to something I said, oh yeah we were watching Rugrats in Paris and I told her Chuckie's mommy was in heaven and she was telling me that Chuckie's mommy was Tommy's mommy, and I told her no, she wasn't.

She said how do you know?

Course I've been watching 'Rugrats' longer than she has...

Anyways, I told her I knew everything.

Her response:

"Well, do you know the names of everyone in this town?"

I paused for a second, taken aback.....this coming from a 6 year old....

I said "Umm No"

She replied:

"Well Mommy, then you don't know everything do you"

My jaw dropped to the floor and I had to walk out of the room. How was I supposed to respond, she was right....and she proved me wrong.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I very seldom spanked my daughter, but once she did something really bad, so I spanked her, just hard enough to get her attention. After I finished, she turned around, threw her shoulder up, (in a very me like fashion) and said "do you feel better now?" It was all I could do no to fall out laughing.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were shopping for baby things for my sister's baby and a shower for a friend of mine. My best friend brought her 4 year old along. As she was trying to blow bubble with her gum and suddenly stopped and said "Mamma I am sooooo cute!!" Everyone has been telling her was a pretty little girl she is and I guess its realy gone to her head!
I was laughing so hard my tummy started to hurt!

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My 3 year-old niece, Sadie is a handfull. I recently asked my brother why he always had this horribly angry look on his handsome face and he simply pointed to his daughter. *LOL*

Once when I was sitting for her, Sadie and I decided to go to WalMart. We got our stuff and went to the check out where we were helped by a really nice lady with ummmm, really bad teeth. She smiled at Sadie, who then without any embarrassment at all asked the lady, "Why you don't brush your teeth????" I wanted the earth to open up and swallow both of us immediately away.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are soooo cute.... it makes me ache for that age again. They grow up too fast.

When Jasmine was 3, I was getting dressed, and had on my skirt & my bra as I was curling my hair. She was staring at my breasts, then looking down at her chest, then back at my breasts, then down at her chest. Then she says proudly and matter of factly: "Heather, I don't have boobies like you, I have boobies like my daddy!"
As if it was a trait like blue eyes!

My neice is really good for zingers, she's 4 and so sweet and innocent yet smart as a whip. She walked in on my mom who had just gotten out of the shower and was standing in the bathroom completely nude. She really startled my mom by barging in on her, and my mom said to her slightly aggitated "Catie, it is very rude of you to walk in on someone when they are in the bathroom! You should knock and wait for them to open the door" with that Catie says "Grammy, are you just mad cause I saw your breasts?"
It was all my mom could do to not crack up laughing!

If you wanna read the "butt balls" story about my neice check out this thread, it's pretty funny:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...ght=butt+balls

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great thread! These are awesome!

My Mom was on nursery school duty at her church. She called out - I smell a dirty diaper - who is it?
"Jimmy" called back "Its me!!!"
My Mom said, "well come here so I can change your diaper."
Jimmy said "Not yet, I'm not done"...as he went down the slide.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

What a great thread! These are awesome!

My Mom was on nursery school duty at her church. She called out - I smell a dirty diaper - who is it?
"Jimmy" called back "Its me!!!"
My Mom said, "well come here so I can change your diaper."
Jimmy said "Not yet, I'm not done"...as he went down the slide.
Hahaha, thats the best

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
these are hilarious!

Back when Reilly adopted us I told my oldest son we needed to get her "fixed"
Well Deacon (my youngest) went with us to take her to the vet. He started crying when the vet took her back into the OR. I assured him that Reilly wasn't going anywhere and she would be back later that night. Thats when Justice chimed in saying "we're getting her fixed Deacon because we dont need anymore damn cats!"
(I have NO clue where he got THAT from! I wanted to die because I'm known to always ask for another one!
) Well, then Deacon cried even harder and says "But she's NOT broke!!!!"

meldonn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
These are so funny.

One day my In-laws took us to a mobile home place to look at the mobile home they wanted to buy. We also had my 8 year old and my 3 year old. We were at this place for about two hours while we asked questions and looked at different colors and cabinets. I went out to look at the home and my husband followed me and we talked for a little bit. Then a little while later my huband and his dad went out to look at the home again. When they got back into the office, my son looks up at them and says "Well, are you going to buy it." The salesmen started laughing so hard I thought they were going to pee their pants. They decided they wanted to keep my son their with them so that he could ask all their customers that question.

Here is another one.

This week, my daughter (who is 3) and I have been painting her room. Well, I was on the bed taking down her mini blinds while standing on her bed and she took one look at me and said "What the H-ll are you doing standing on my bed?" I wanted to laugh so hard because she also had that mad look on her.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meldonn

These are so funny.

One day my In-laws took us to a mobile home place to look at the mobile home they wanted to buy. We also had my 8 year old and my 3 year old. We were at this place for about two hours while we asked questions and looked at different colors and cabinets. I went out to look at the home and my husband followed me and we talked for a little bit. Then a little while later my huband and his dad went out to look at the home again. When they got back into the office, my son looks up at them and says "Well, are you going to buy it." The salesmen started laughing so hard I thought they were going to pee their pants. They decided they wanted to keep my son their with them so that he could ask all their customers that question.

Here is another one.

This week, my daughter (who is 3) and I have been painting her room. Well, I was on the bed taking down her mini blinds while standing on her bed and she took one look at me and said "What the H-ll are you doing standing on my bed?" I wanted to laugh so hard because she also had that mad look on her.
Those are hilarious!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are so cute!

A couple of my favorite stories occurred around my wedding, about 3 years ago, and are involving our niece and nephew, who were my flower girl and ring bearer. They were both 6 at the time.

Story #1
I was visiting my brotherâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s house and when it was time to go I went to find my niece, Haley, to say goodbye. She was in her room playing with her Barbie dolls, and I stood outside the door and spied on her playing. She had a big Barbie dressed as a minister and two of the little kid dolls dressed as a bride and groom. This is the conversation she was holding between the dolls:
Groom: “Whereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s my bride?! Whereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s my bride?! Tariâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s late for the wedding!!!â€
Bride: “Here I am.â€
Minister: “Pat, do you take Tari to be your bride?â€
Groom: “Yes I do!â€
Minister: “Tari, do you take Pat to be your husband?â€
Bride: “Hmmmm…..yeah, I guess.â€
Pat and I decided that neither of us came out looking good in Haleyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s imagination.

Story #2
Patâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s nephew, Noah, was the ring bearer for our wedding. When we went to pick up his little tuxedo and he tried it on, he suddenly burst into tears. We couldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t figure out why he was so upset. After a little cajoling he admitted that he thought he was going to be the Ring Bear and would be wearing a bear costume to the wedding.