TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Fur Pictures and Videos Only! › Sláine Post Op (Old)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sláine Post Op (Old)

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
These are some very old pics of Sláine (Lady Three-Paws) within minutes of her being home from the vet.

The tree she is peeing in is a dwarf apple tree that I got my bf as a birthday present one year - we use it as a Christmas tree (this was taken in December, but because I've cropped the picture, you can't see the seasonal paraphenalia).
post #2 of 17
Thread Starter 
Here is another one I just found (I've also cropped it to make the shoulder area more visible).
post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 
Some more cropped
post #4 of 17
Awwww bless her, what happend to her leg?
post #5 of 17
Aaaww, Sláine, you beautiful little girl! Kisses to you, sweetheart.
post #6 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemac
Awwww bless her, what happend to her leg?
She was either born with it damaged (it had no sensory nerve endings) or it became damaged when she was thrown from the car. Luckily, someone saw and rescued her and gave her over to the animal welfare.

I'll add a few more pics. The first is what she looked like when we first brought her home (September 2004). The second is sometime in November 2004 - probably early November. The third was taken sometime last year, probably last summer (roughly what she looks like now) - it's a bad pic because it's taken through glass.

ETA: she looks kind of like she's mid walk, but that's always how her right foreleg looked, sort of stuck half folded up under her.
post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra
Aaaww, Sláine, you beautiful little girl! Kisses to you, sweetheart.
I passed on the compliment (and the kiss!)
post #8 of 17
She was thrown from a car! Just look at her little helpless face, the poor baby. Why?, i'll just never understand people who harm animals like that. Take them to a shelter for goodness sake instead of being so cruel and lazy!!
post #9 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemac
She was thrown from a car! Just look at her little helpless face, the poor baby. Why?, i'll just never understand people who harm animals like that. Take them to a shelter for goodness sake instead of being so cruel and lazy!!
I know, it just is heart rending. The worst part is that we have a really good no kill shelter here in Limerick - it's just awful that someone would do this, especially when the alternative was just so simple.

BF thinks - though frankly, I don't see the reasoning - that she was a reject from a kitten mill, as she has such beautiful soft thick fur.

I worry about her past sometimes - she can be very scared of humans sometimes, and if something happens (like she once had a bad experience at the vet) she can be almost catatonic for a couple of days straight.
post #10 of 17
The poor little cherub I suppose after what happend to her didn't help either
post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemac
The poor little cherub I suppose after what happend to her didn't help either
Yeah, I know, and it honestly breaks my heart, even these years later. I hate seeing her in any way unhappy - any cat of course - but you just know that she has had trauma that you'll never be able to rewind and erase. (She's bunting my leg at the moment).
post #12 of 17
You have given Slaine another chance at life.

Your excellent before and after amputation pictures will give hope to those who have a kitty who is facing this surgery.

You might consider starting a thread in the Health forum titled Amputation Photos or something like that.
In the future, a member can do a search, using the word "amputation" and find your pictures.
Please add Saline's story to put her photo's.

Thank you for sharing her story and giving so much love to sweet Slaine.
post #13 of 17
Oh the poor darling...what a rough start to her life. Thank goodness she's had a fresh beginning and I'm so glad you do everything in your power to keep her happy - I think that's the role of every good pet owner. Give her hugs for me...(and tell her she's gorgeous!!!)
post #14 of 17
Oh my goodness, Sláine, once again, you've touched my heart so deeply. You truly are a strong, beautiful little lady! Thank you so much for saving the life of this little one. You're her guardian angel, bless you!
post #15 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocats
You have given Slaine another chance at life.

Your excellent before and after amputation pictures will give hope to those who have a kitty who is facing this surgery.

You might consider starting a thread in the Health forum titled Amputation Photos or something like that.
In the future, a member can do a search, using the word "amputation" and find your pictures.
Please add Saline's story to put her photo's.

Thank you for sharing her story and giving so much love to sweet Slaine.
That is a great idea, Xocats, I will have a think about it (so that it all makes sense) and post something later.

She's a very loveable little lady - she's not hard to love at all. She has a sweet, playful nature.
post #16 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra
Oh my goodness, Sláine, once again, you've touched my heart so deeply. You truly are a strong, beautiful little lady! Thank you so much for saving the life of this little one. You're her guardian angel, bless you!
We try. Her story has a happy ending (to the extent that an ongoing tale can have an ending), but it remains for me a cautionary tale of the horrors out there for all the kitties that haven't been saved.

She is strong - and she only has one set of front claws to keep sharp: you know when you've played with Lady Three-Paws!
post #17 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renny
Oh the poor darling...what a rough start to her life. Thank goodness she's had a fresh beginning and I'm so glad you do everything in your power to keep her happy - I think that's the role of every good pet owner. Give her hugs for me...(and tell her she's gorgeous!!!)
I have passed on your hugs and compliment.

She's definately loving the Cat Site today.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fur Pictures and Videos Only!
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Fur Pictures and Videos Only! › Sláine Post Op (Old)