I rang the rescues vet, and they saw her, and I have to admit to considering changing - I like my vets, but things are cheaper with this one, not that much travelling (although more than now), and as it is a husband and wife team, more things are done in house so if they were having a basic blood test, I could have results in 15 mins rather than waiting overnight. But anyway!! The new vet said it is actually quite mild, and that hopefully with steroids, it can be kept at that level for years, and he does now agree that he doesn't really want to mess much surgically. So, she has had a steroid injection this week, and goes back in a fortnight for one - normally he uses one that lasts a month, but he ran out, so we are going to try it on this, and if it works, then go for hte once a month shot (as she is on monthly weigh ins at the mo, and can combine it with the boys weigh in), rather than pill her. Feel so much better!! Hopefully this will reduce the redness and inflammation for her, and he listened to her chest and said her lungs are clear, but she is breathing a lot from higher up, as he put the stethoscope against her throat. Doesn't think her wart is anything to bother with either, but I didnt opt for having her weighed, I know it will be different on new scales!! I am going to start giving her a/d once a week though.
post #31 of 57
7/27/06 at 2:00pm