TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Totally 80's Thread!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Totally 80's Thread!!! - Page 2

post #31 of 53
Ok-just wanna add a few things to this thread

Do you all remember those "button your fly" shirts?? LOL....

And who could forget UNDEROOS??? I totally miss the 80's and early 90's. Those were the days!!!


Oh and goodness, how could we EVER foget Garbage Pail Kids?? I collected those trading cards, did you guys?? Heheh....
post #32 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks
Oh and goodness, how could we EVER foget Garbage Pail Kids?? I collected those trading cards, did you guys?? Heheh....
I still have some of the stickers on my (ancient) dresser! Ahh, memories..
And Wacky Packages!
post #33 of 53
Ohh Atari! Was that from the 80s?? I still have one, my dad bought it brand new last year, still in a box and the case and with a ton of games....FOR 2 FREAKIN DOLLARS!!! Just had to share that. If it is even from the 80s, maybe the 70s. My mom played Demon Attack while pregnant with me. Then when I was about 8 we tried to teach her Super Mario Bros. It was my 6 y/o sister and I screaming, "NO GO THERE, GO THERE!! JUMP HURRY UP! THATS THE BAD GUYS, NO YOU GOTTA GO THERE YOU CAN'T GO BACKWARDS! RUN RUN HE IS GOING TO GET YOU!! HURRY UP JUMP JUMP NO DON'T GO THERE OH YOU DIED!!!". Well my poor mom was so overwhelmed she never touched the nintendo again.

Oh and has anyone else here ever watched Mysterious Cities of Gold?? Seems like no one I know or ask has ever even heard of it. It was a great show.
post #34 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen
Ohh Atari! Was that from the 80s?? I still have one, my dad bought it brand new last year, still in a box and the case and with a ton of games....FOR 2 FREAKIN DOLLARS!!! Just had to share that. If it is even from the 80s, maybe the 70s. My mom played Demon Attack while pregnant with me. Then when I was about 8 we tried to teach her Super Mario Bros. It was my 6 y/o sister and I screaming, "NO GO THERE, GO THERE!! JUMP HURRY UP! THATS THE BAD GUYS, NO YOU GOTTA GO THERE YOU CAN'T GO BACKWARDS! RUN RUN HE IS GOING TO GET YOU!! HURRY UP JUMP JUMP NO DON'T GO THERE OH YOU DIED!!!". Well my poor mom was so overwhelmed she never touched the nintendo again.

Oh and has anyone else here ever watched Mysterious Cities of Gold?? Seems like no one I know or ask has ever even heard of it. It was a great show.
Yeah, Atari is from the late 70's-early-mid 80's. We still have one, an Atari 2600. It works like a dream! And of course we have all of the old Nintendo systems.
post #35 of 53
Favorite Musician: Gotta be Howard Jones!!

Favorite Song: This Charming man-The Smiths

Favourite album/s : The Electro Albums

Favorite Style: The crew cut hairstyle and Ra Ra skirts

Favorite Toy/Hobby: Breakdancing

Favorite Saying: Break a leg!! and i'll be meeting myself coming back!!

Favorite TV Show: Scooby Doo!!

Favourite Sweets/Candy : SpaceDust and Pacers


Anything else you LOVED in the 80's:
Being young enough to get and not feel the consequences the next morning
post #36 of 53
Favorite Musician: The Cure

Favorite Song: Love Song

Favorite Stlye: the little plastic things you used to pin your shirt up...goodness

Favorite Toy/Hobby: RainbowBrite >.<

Favorite Saying: "I've fallen and I can't get up"

Favorite TV Show:Beetlejuice

Favorite Movie: Pretty in Pink, The Breakfast Club (anything with Molly Ringwald)

Anything else you LOVED in the 80's: The bands, most, but not all.
post #37 of 53
Since i was born in 1986 i cant really say i remember much except for england!
and the song
Right said Fred - I'm too sexy!
post #38 of 53
Atari!! I totally forgot about that, how could I?? Space Invaders was one of the most awesome games to play on Atari.
post #39 of 53
This thread is too much fun!

Ok, here I go...

Favorite Musician: DEVO (Still love them! Just saw them a year ago in concert - they still rock it hardcore!)

Favorite Song: Jocko Homo - DEVO

Favorite Stlye: L.A. Gears all the way! I had the tangerine orange and silver double tongued, double laces edition. They were sweet with my aqua tie-dyed jeans and oversized t-shirt with the clip that pulled the shirt taut and to the side.

Favorite Toy/Hobby: Barbie! You can't beat the Day to Night Barbie where she went from pink power suit to glitter dancing queen. Also loved My Little Ponies, Cabbage Patch Kids (we all had to have one), and Mouse Trap!

Favorite Saying: Like, ohmygawd!

Favorite TV Show: Jem (she was truly outrageous), A-Team, Hart to Hart, and women's wrestling (I remember when this one wrestler's shoulder popped out and they kept zooming in on it).

Favorite Movie: Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo

Anything else you LOVED in the 80's: Everything! I miss it all, the movies, the music, the neon, the huge shoulders... it's a generation gone, but I wish it could be FOREVER YOUNG (thank you Alphaville).
post #40 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragulescuGirl
Favorite Toy/Hobby: Barbie! You can't beat the Day to Night Barbie where she went from pink power suit to glitter dancing queen. Also loved My Little Ponies, Cabbage Patch Kids (we all had to have one), and Mouse Trap!


Remember the early 1982/3 Happy Birthday Barbie? It was the one with the femi-mullet. I found a dress like hers in a thrift shop for $15 and was SO TEMPTED to buy it for Hallowe'en. I figured if I go back the next week and its there, that's my Hallowe'en costume - nevermind it was June - but alas...someone else went as Happy Birthday Barbie...
post #41 of 53
Thread Starter 
Oooooh, ooooh, guess what's on the radio right now?! Tainted Love!! OOOH tainted love!! I love this song!!! So much that my 8 yo kid knows the words!
post #42 of 53
I was born in 1986 and I can tell you anything you wanna know. lol. I LOVED the 80's. I'm a die hard nintendo fan lol! Just cause you born in the late 80s doesn't mean you can't remember things. I think my FAVORITE things of all time... (and what my next tattoos will be) are/were THE CAREBEARS and RAINBOW BRITE. David Bowie in The Labyrinth was also insanely hot. And did I mention I ADORE that movie?
post #43 of 53
Favorite Musician: Madonna, The Bangles, ABBA, Tiffany

Favorite Song: "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler, "Eternal Flame" by the bangles, lots of them

Favorite Stlye: leg warmers

Favorite Toy/Hobby: Rainbow Brite, shrinky dinks, my little pony

Favorite Saying: "where's the beef?"

Favorite TV Show: Smurfs, Mama's Family, Alf

Favorite Movie: DIRTY DANCING!! Footloose, Goonies, Neverending Story

Anything else you LOVED in the 80's: strobe lights
__________________
post #44 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl
Oooooh, ooooh, guess what's on the radio right now?! Tainted Love!! OOOH tainted love!! I love this song!!! So much that my 8 yo kid knows the words!

I hear that song and instantly think of the Coneheads...does anyone else?
post #45 of 53
Favorite Musician: Huey Lewis & The News

Favorite Song: Anything by Huey Lewis. I also liked Debbie Gibson too.

Favorite Stlye: Definitely leg warmers!

Favorite Toy/Hobby: Cabbage Patch Kids. Definitely Rainbow Brite too.

Favorite Saying: I really don't remember any

Favorite TV Show: Fraggle Rock!!!! Smurfs

Anything else you LOVED in the 80's: The movies: Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Adventures in Babysitting, The Princess Bride, etc, etc too many to list!

I LOVE THE 80'S!
post #46 of 53
Pretty In Pink!!!!
post #47 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyDream
I hear that song and instantly think of the Coneheads...does anyone else?

Actually, I have to say, it does not remind me of Coneheads!

But it does remind me of a talent show I did in elementary school and won 2nd place!!!

And, what a crazy step-mom I am, I have the only 8 yr old that knows all the 80's music cause I listen to it so much. I've even heard her say to her friends once: "you know that song Brick House, by the Commodores?" The kids are all like nooooo. My poor little Jazzy, then she tries to sing it for them... they still don't know!
post #48 of 53
Ok, so we wanted to start a thread about our faves from the 80's. Please list your favorites:

Favorite Musician: Flock of Seaguls

Favorite Song: I ran

Favorite Stlye: parachute pants & members only jackets, w/ jelly shoes

Favorite Toy/Hobby: Rubix cube

Favorite Saying: Like... OH MY GODDD

Favorite TV Show: Square pegs

Favorite movie : The breakfast club

Anything else you LOVED in the 80's: Does anyone remember the doll that the top of her head spun to change her hair from blonde to black???? I had one and cant remember her name.. I think tiffany taylor.

Anyone else who wants to add more favorites to the list, feel free!
post #49 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiagirl8
Favorite Musician: Madonna, The Bangles, ABBA, Tiffany

Favorite Song: "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler, "Eternal Flame" by the bangles, lots of them

Favorite Stlye: leg warmers

Favorite Toy/Hobby: Rainbow Brite, shrinky dinks, my little pony

Favorite Saying: "where's the beef?"

Favorite TV Show: Smurfs, Mama's Family, Alf

Favorite Movie: DIRTY DANCING!! Footloose, Goonies, Neverending Story

Anything else you LOVED in the 80's: strobe lights
__________________
I'm a member of a Goonies forum over at www.thegoonies.org. It's a site that 2 guys started after making a trip to Astoria to visit the movie sites. They just had a 20 year reunion party last year where Curtis Hanson (Mr. Perkins), Jeff Cohen (Chunk) and (for one day) Sean Astin (Mikey) showed up to meet the fans that showed up from all over the world.
post #50 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad
I'm a member of a Goonies forum over at www.thegoonies.org. It's a site that 2 guys started after making a trip to Astoria to visit the movie sites. They just had a 20 year reunion party last year where Curtis Hanson (Mr. Perkins), Jeff Cohen (Chunk) and (for one day) Sean Astin (Mikey) showed up to meet the fans that showed up from all over the world.

I love sean astin.....he was so good as sam on lord of the rings....and in 50 first dates/click
post #51 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl
Ok, so we wanted to start a thread about our faves from the 80's. Please list your favorites:
Cool Idea!!!!

let see,...

Favorite Musician:Metallica, Duran Duran, Genesis, Tear For Fears, Def Leppard, Madonna

Favorite Song: The Neverendingstory! & Ride the lighthing!

Favorite Stlye:PoP and Metal!

Favorite Toy/Hobby: Toys Star wars figures! ...Hobby: to collect everything about Kittys!

Favorite Saying:I´ll be back!

Favorite TV Show:The Transformers, The Knightrider and Headbangers!

Anything else you LOVED in the 80's: The VideoClips from all artist!!! MTV in that age!!!
post #52 of 53
Favorite Musician: OMD (Orchestral Manuevers in the Dark), the Scorpions

Favorite Song: I Never Know by OMD (not sure if that's the exact title)

Favorite Style: Giant shoulder pads

Favorite Saying: NOT! (as in "Donald Trump rocks-- NOT!")

Favorite TV Show: Hill Street Blues

Favorite Movie: Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

Anything else you LOVED in the 80's: MTV was fun to watch. They actually showed music videos then.
post #53 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by consumercity

Anything else you LOVED in the 80's: MTV was fun to watch. They actually showed music videos then.
That is soo true!! They don't show video's anymore but like in the morning when I have already gone to work. I liked when vh1 or mtv use to do the a to z video's......now, its all about the shows.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Totally 80's Thread!!!