TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Does this scare you??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does this scare you??

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
It skeers me now, just to look at the pic. We bought this thing for my daughter last summer, while on vacation(it used to "meow") The dogs have chewed some of its hair off......and I have also heard they are actually made of cat/dog fur-is this true? I HOPE not!!


post #2 of 14
Okay That...


that is just freaky looking
post #3 of 14
it looks like a real cat almost but like retarded or something
post #4 of 14
There are countries who make toys like that and they do make them out of real cat fur because i've seen them in Greece
post #5 of 14
That looks like the cat in pet cemetery after it comes back from the dead.
post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen
it looks like a real cat almost but like retarded or something

That was good!
post #7 of 14
It is super scary!
We had a cement cat by the fireplace that was in pouncing position, and one time I had a friend over and she screamed "Look OUT!!!!" because she thought I was being attacked!

I can imagine the same thing happening with yours. Perhaps it's rabbit fur? It's definitely real fur, hopefully an old very old antique with fur from an animal that died naturally. Doubtful though...
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks
It skeers me now, just to look at the pic. We bought this thing for my daughter last summer, while on vacation(it used to "meow") The dogs have chewed some of its hair off......and I have also heard they are actually made of cat/dog fur-is this true? I HOPE not!!


Unfortunately I believe it is real cat or dog fur. My ex-MIL bought me a similar one
She was in her 80's and didn't realize that I don't want fur of any kind. I saw a Dateline episode that exposed exporters in an Asian country. The hidden cameras caught the exporter saying that he could put a rabbit fur tag or no tag on it if they wanted. The cats & dogs were skinny and kept in small, dirty cages. Then they showed the product. It looked just like ours. Heartbreaking!
post #9 of 14
The original looks more like rabbit fur just from the coloring though, and also looks older.Where did you buy it? I've seen those ones you have Rockcat, and I started crying. Zissou was in the car (not alone and it was early spring) and I had to snuggle her for a while until I calmed down.
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom
The original looks more like rabbit fur just from the coloring though, and also looks older.Where did you buy it? I've seen those ones you have Rockcat, and I started crying. Zissou was in the car (not alone and it was early spring) and I had to snuggle her for a while until I calmed down.
I know what you mean. When I found out I went to the import store where it was purchased and they didn't even care! Since then I've seen them just about everywhere. I only kept it so I could show poeple what NOT to buy.
post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom
The original looks more like rabbit fur just from the coloring though, and also looks older.Where did you buy it? I've seen those ones you have Rockcat, and I started crying. Zissou was in the car (not alone and it was early spring) and I had to snuggle her for a while until I calmed down.
I actually bought mine at a dog and cat store in Branson Mo. They sold everything for the cat/dog lover! And my daughter just happened to see that particular cat and fell in love with it, and it actually used to meow.
post #12 of 14
I know the store that sells things like that. She told me it was rabbit fur and it was made in China.

Personally I wouldn't trust anything made of animal products from China.
post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shengmei
I know the store that sells things like that. She told me it was rabbit fur and it was made in China.

Personally I wouldn't trust anything made of animal products from China.
I know what ya mean!
post #14 of 14
lol, i don't wanna know what that thing is!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Does this scare you??