TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › I'm just angry!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I'm just angry!!!

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
So I was at work today, and a lady said she had kittens. She showed me pictures and every one commented on how cute they all were. I asked if she had gotten the mother spayed yet, and she says "Oh, no she ran away. Not like I care though. She kept peeing on my couch and I was going to have her put down anyway."
At that point I walked away shaking. This woman SHOULDN'T EVER own a pet EVER again.
It gets better though, she says that she's going to the APL tomorrow to get another cat, to replace the one that ran off. She's going to drop off all the kittens too. I'm half tempted to contact the APL and tell them not to give her a cat. What would you do?
post #2 of 22
There is nothing as sweet, loyal, or trusting as a kitten hand-raised from birth.

If she has kittens, why does she want another cat? She could just keep her kittens.
post #3 of 22
This is a tough situation you're in because you're dealing with a coworker. You don't want to have a hostile relationship with her or create any animosity that could cost you your job. It would make me angry too. If you could do this without her findng out who and without losing your job, go ahead and contact the place and see if you can let them know anonymously, don't leave your name. But I don't know if that's the right thing to do or not. If it was me I would probably just focus on my work and not talk to her much because I would be too upset. Or you could politely tell her how you feel if it won't jeopardize your environment at work.
post #4 of 22
Or you could try to get her to keep her kittens instead. The kittens are already born. If she wants an extra cat there is no need to burden them with kittens.
post #5 of 22
I see why you are mad! She doesnt need any pet, IMO. How old are her kittens?? Do you think you could handle them? I wonder if you called APL, if they would do anything......it is worth a try, right?? Best of luck hun!!
post #6 of 22
I wonder if the APL would even let you adopt a cat after just dropping off a bunch of kittens? I would call them too. And tell them exactly what she said.

How sad and frustrating and angering. I hope momma cat finds a home with someone who will value her life.
post #7 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom
I wonder if the APL would even let you adopt a cat after just dropping off a bunch of kittens?
That is the exact thought which crossed my mind. If you can't be bothered to care for at least one kitten out of a litter, why on earth shoud you be given a cat? It would be very questionable of them to NOT bat an eye at that combination of requests.
post #8 of 22
Thread Starter 
I've decided to call the APL to let them know what is going on. I just don't want to sound like I'm crazy. I'm also nervous that she may just dump the kittens.
post #9 of 22
That would make me angry too, and you have more constraint than me, I would have been on her butt about it lol. Some people are truly ignorant to animals, maybe you should just talk to her, let her know how you feel but in a teaching way so that maybe she learns something instead of taking it as just an opinion but more fact.
post #10 of 22
Thread Starter 
I called, they said that they would keep and eye out for her. The girl there said that they won't adopt out a cat to someone who brings in a whole litter without it's mother.

I also asked about doing some volunteer work. The said they'd love to have me. I guess there's a bright side to every story.
post #11 of 22
Just on the off chance that she, I will just say gets rid of the litter, whether she gives them away or dumps them ot whatever, but say she comes into the shelter to adopt one without the kittens. Did you describe her or even give them her name? I mean, tell them it is a coworker so don't mention you, I really don't think they would tell her someone called and warned them about her. did you say anything to her at work to make her suspect you?

There are a dozen reasons the shelter could choose to not adopt to her so they could easily make something up. She may go to a different shelter though. Why don't you ask her what she is planning to do with the kittens? Are they really young? Try to talk her into keeping a kitten and not adopting another one.
post #12 of 22
Thread Starter 
The kittens are about 13 weeks, so they can be adopted out if need be. I was able to get some info from a friend about a rescue organization that could take them. I've printed out the information for her, and am going to put it on her desk when I go in today. (I'm usually off today, but am making up an excuse to see her)
Other than that I feel like I've done the best I can.
post #13 of 22
I think it's wonderful that you've gotten involved; this lady sounds like a nut. Hope things don't get too tense at work for you. This world needs more people who will get involved in doing what's right, not just what's easy.
post #14 of 22
Thread Starter 
I gave her the information on the cat rescue today. She said that she's going to go with them, because the APL is stupid. (I again held my tongue) She has also decided against another cat, but now wants a tea cup dog. I then recommended some breeders in the area (my step mom used to breed papillons), and she said she's going to a pet store, because she hates breeders. I have now decided never to talk to this silly woman again.

At least I was able to get the kittens away from her. You can't save them all.
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass
I gave her the information on the cat rescue today. She said that she's going to go with them, because the APL is stupid. (I again held my tongue) She has also decided against another cat, but now wants a tea cup dog. I then recommended some breeders in the area (my step mom used to breed papillons), and she said she's going to a pet store, because she hates breeders. I have now decided never to talk to this silly woman again.

At least I was able to get the kittens away from her. You can't save them all.
She hates breeders, but will buy puppies from a petstore? How did she think they get there? (I know most breeders wouldn't do that, just saying that most petstores are supplied by bybs).

Sigh. At least the kitties will be better off. You can only do so much to educate. Some people just never get it.
post #16 of 22
My crazy prof who had TWO pregnant cats actually said she was giving all the kittens to the pet store because "you can't even give the **** things away" Some people should never be allowed to have pets in the first place, and your coworker sounds like one of them.

Does she know that little dogs often pee everywhere because they can't control their bladders? Especially ones from a BYB?
post #17 of 22
PROFESSOR?

What kind of professor was she?
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass
I gave her the information on the cat rescue today. She said that she's going to go with them, because the APL is stupid. (I again held my tongue) She has also decided against another cat, but now wants a tea cup dog. I then recommended some breeders in the area (my step mom used to breed papillons), and she said she's going to a pet store, because she hates breeders. I have now decided never to talk to this silly woman again.

At least I was able to get the kittens away from her. You can't save them all.
I wouldn't reccommend any animal source to this woman uness it's one that will take her pets away from her and find a better home. She thinks pets are disposable and replaceable and yes, do tell her that dogs can pee on the rug so she'll think twice about adopting the poor teacup dog who deserves a better owner.
post #19 of 22
Not to mention that most small dogs are what people like her would consider "yappy little $H!^$" So maybe you should point that out to her as well.
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonOddity042
She hates breeders, but will buy puppies from a petstore? How did she think they get there? (I know most breeders wouldn't do that, just saying that most petstores are supplied by bybs).

Sigh. At least the kitties will be better off. You can only do so much to educate. Some people just never get it.
I'm guessing most breeders would run this woman off after the first few words get out of her mouth. Her best chance of getting another pet to mistreat is at a petstore.

You have done what you can do. Like you said, just stay away from her from now on. I hope the kittens get to the rescue, and someone saves their Momma soon.
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass
She has also decided against another cat, but now wants a tea cup dog.
.
Ugh. You can ONLY get "teacup" dogs at BYB's or puppy mills. They aren't a standard size of dog. This thread got worse, then a bit better, then worse again....

I hope someone "drops" this woman off...

Thanks for all you did to help. Its so frustrating to maintain sanity with so many idiots in the world.
post #22 of 22
Ugh, what a horrible person. People like that shouldn't be allowed to own another life.

I'm glad you were able to help the kittens at least. *Hugs* for your efforts, that's great.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › I'm just angry!!!