TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I'm Married!!!! (Lots of Pictures)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I'm Married!!!! (Lots of Pictures) - Page 2

post #31 of 56
Congradulations!!! You look so beautiful in your wedding dress! I wish the two of you many happy memories!
post #32 of 56
Congratulations. Your wedding pictures are lovely and you are a beautiful bride. Thanks for sharing your special moments with us.
post #33 of 56
Beautiful Pictures!!! I love your wedding attire.
post #34 of 56
Congrats! you look beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE rainbow weddings! I had one myself.
post #35 of 56
Ooooohhh!!! Everything looks so pretty!!! Congratulations!!!
post #36 of 56
First, congrats on the wedding! Then...all I can say is FABULOUS! I love the different colors in the bridesmaids dresses, and the interesting style of their dresses. I love the square cake with flowers decorating it. (We had flowers on our wedding cake, too!) And the groom and groomsmen's outfits are just awesome. Very elegant, yet not traditional tuxedos! The percheron horses are a great touch. And of course, you look stunning in your wedding dress!

I'm sure it took a lot of effort to pull this all together, and I am extremely impressed. And I hope your Mom is feeling better.
post #37 of 56

Congratulations!! Looks like it was a lovely wedding. I LOVE the multi-colored maids' dresses!! That's great.
post #38 of 56
Congratulations. Beautiful photos
post #39 of 56
Oh my goodness they are gorgeous pics! You look beautiful and your dress is fantastic!
post #40 of 56
Congratulations to you both. You looked lovely. All the best.
post #41 of 56
It looked so gorgeous. I loved the cake and the carriage! How pretty your bridesmaids looked in pastels.
post #42 of 56
Congatulations, Your wedding looked beautiful. Hope you will live happy ever after.
Anne
post #43 of 56
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
post #44 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbysMom
Congratulations!!!! What beautiful pictures. I really like the way you were able to blend both of your cultures into the attire. It looks like you had a gorgeous day!
Thanks everyone!!

We really liked how the barongs worked out for everyone. Chris looked so fabulous in his and unfortunately having his embroidery white on white it dosen't show how incredible his barong was. Its also a bit cooler than tuxes which everyone was happy about!
post #45 of 56

You were a beautiful bride
Wonderfu Pictures

post #46 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveSiamese
Are you guys going on a honeymoon????
Yes but not right off. We are leaving for the Riviera Maya in Mexico on July 13th. We are staying at the Aventura Spa Palace resort. I'm excited and really need to go now! I'm so exhausted and could use a vacation.... But we will wait a while.
post #47 of 56
You look so beautiful!!! I love the way your dress bunches in little places.... I almost picked a dress like that, but ended up getting the one that gave me the giant butt, I mean bustle in the back. And your bridesmaids dresses are SO pretty, again very similar to mine! But I love the different colors.... very elegant! Your MIL is gorgeous.... I hope she is as wonderful as she is pretty! You guys are going to have a BLAST in Mexico!!!!

Congratulations!!!! Best of Luck!
post #48 of 56
Congratulations!!

What a beautiful wedding, and what a beautiful brid you were! I like your bridesmaids dresses, too. I had almost exactly the same colors for my bridesmaids (I only had four, though, so we didn't have a blue one.)

Have a great time in Mexico!
post #49 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals
Yes but not right off. We are leaving for the Riviera Maya in Mexico on July 13th. We are staying at the Aventura Spa Palace resort. I'm excited and really need to go now! I'm so exhausted and could use a vacation.... But we will wait a while.

Awe congratz and I hope you have a lot of fun and down time on your honeymoon.
post #50 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals
Thanks everyone!!

We really liked how the barongs worked out for everyone. Chris looked so fabulous in his and unfortunately having his embroidery white on white it dosen't show how incredible his barong was. Its also a bit cooler than tuxes which everyone was happy about!
Can you tell us more about the barongs and the cultural aspects to your wedding? I think the one your dh wore looked fabulous, as did the ones on the groomsmen and father of the groom!
post #51 of 56
Thread Starter 
Sure! The barongs are the traditional Philipino formalwear. His mother is Philipino and he was born in the Phillipines on an air base. They are handmade on a special banana fiber (pina or jusi, ours were jusi as it is a bit less expensive than pina). You can get them in Rayon but we wanted to go as traditional as we could afford. The fabric is see-through so you have to wear a long-sleeve (formal is long-sleeve, you can go a little less formal with a short sleeve undershirt, or go nice casual with a short sleeve barong with a short sleeve undershirt). The embroidery can be in different colors but its popular in white fabric with black embroidery. Chris will wear a short sleeve barong to weddings when he is attending as a guest. The collar comes in traditional or mandarin. Anyway it looked great on them! I think the attire is very handsome, whether the groomsman were Philipino or not.

This is where we ordered them and has info about Philipino traditions:
http://www.mybarong.com/
post #52 of 56
Beautiful. You all look so lovely and happy, all the best for the future. I hope you have a great honeymoon as well.
post #53 of 56
Congrats!!!! What amazing pictures!!! You were a beautiful bride!
post #54 of 56
Congrats hun!
post #55 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals
Sure! The barongs are the traditional Philipino formalwear. His mother is Philipino and he was born in the Phillipines on an air base. They are handmade on a special banana fiber (pina or jusi, ours were jusi as it is a bit less expensive than pina). You can get them in Rayon but we wanted to go as traditional as we could afford. The fabric is see-through so you have to wear a long-sleeve (formal is long-sleeve, you can go a little less formal with a short sleeve undershirt, or go nice casual with a short sleeve barong with a short sleeve undershirt). The embroidery can be in different colors but its popular in white fabric with black embroidery. Chris will wear a short sleeve barong to weddings when he is attending as a guest. The collar comes in traditional or mandarin. Anyway it looked great on them! I think the attire is very handsome, whether the groomsman were Philipino or not.

This is where we ordered them and has info about Philipino traditions:
http://www.mybarong.com/
Very interesting. And yes, they definitely looked great! That is interesting that he will wear a barong as a wedding guest as well. Thanks for sharing!
post #56 of 56
Congratulations! That dress is amazing!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I'm Married!!!! (Lots of Pictures)