All day I was around my house- didn't notice anything out of the ordinary with my cat. Was very busy and probably didn't pay much attention to her. She was a tabby 12 or 13 years old, good health hadn't had any immunizations in the last few years and she was always inside.
Anyway I had a date and got home around midnight and noticed her perched at the highest point of my couch and she was foaming at the mouth. I'm not talking about just some foam on her mouth, she was dripping foam everywhere. Then I noticed she kept moving pretty quickly from room to room and she would kind of look around her when she would walk. she wasnt really making any noise execept when i got up really close to her i her a very light groweling noise i had never heard before. She was not very approachable and i went up to her with some tuna and she didn't even stop. I also saw that she deficated a tiny bit outside her box in the middle of the living room (never happens). I looked around for anything she could have gotten into- nothing. no plants, no opened medicine bottles, nothing. at the way she was pacing around and looking it seemed that something in the house attacked her. but she was alone there- no other animals live there and nobody else lives in the house but he and her.
i just assumed that maybe she ate like a roach or a bug that was poisonous and she was just have a reaction to it.
the only thing i had in my place as far as pesticides was a bunch of new roach motels. I planned to wake up first thing in the morning and get her to a vet if she wasn't any better.
the next morning i woke up to find her dying! she was laying in the middle of the floor and lightly panting. her eyes opened and pupils dialated. she didn't even try and move. i put her in the cat carrier and put her in the car (whcih she always hated and freaked out about) and made the decision with her age and state of being to go ahead and put her down at the vets.
Later I called the vets office and asked if they knew why she got so sick so quickly and they had no idea- they didnt' run any tests on her and they just asked me if she got outiside or ate anything in the house that could have poisoned her- i could'nt think of anything- plus she was a very finiky eater.
i am sad to think that she may have suffered that last night at home and wish i would have gotten her some help (even if it was 1 or 2am) late that night. Horrible lesson learned.
Anyway just wondering what in the world it could have been. Something killed her (was killing her) and 8-10 hours it was very severe. I was thinking like a stroke or heart attack but I think she would have died sooner. Coiuld somone have broke into my place and poisoned her? I have no enemies. Just can't figure it out! Any ideas????