TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care › My cat also gettin close!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My cat also gettin close!

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Dudley Pickles pinked up 3 weeks ago, and has been having kitten kickball in her stomach for about 3 days. She's also been sleeping like a narcoleptic and hanging out in her box purring! I see on the other threads this indicates it should be pretty soon, but she doesn't look very big.

I'm excited, I hope it happens soon. Fostering preggies is so fun!
post #2 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugparty
Dudley Pickles pinked up 3 weeks ago, and has been having kitten kickball in her stomach for about 3 days. She's also been sleeping like a narcoleptic and hanging out in her box purring! I see on the other threads this indicates it should be pretty soon, but she doesn't look very big.

I'm excited, I hope it happens soon. Fostering preggies is so fun!
Welcome to TCS....so tell us more about the group you foster for and a little more about Dudley Pickles.

Katie
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the welcome! I live in a large busy complex on one of the main intersections of Orange County. I am always winding up taking in, repairing, s/n and finding homes for all the cats people dump off on the road, or move out and leave behind.

Right now I am down to 5 adults - 2 n/males, 1 i/male, 1 s/female, and Miss Dudley, who I discovered preggo. I have been trying to guesstimate her time, but since I have no idea when she may have been bred it's pretty difficult. She is a happy healthy cat, however, eating well and so far no signs of parasites or disease. This forum has helped a lot with trying to see if she might be ready soon...

I am hoping to find forever homes for her kits (through the shelters I contact and adoption events) and of COURSE, have her SPAYED!!! I haven't decided whether I want to keep her after that, however. I have my two boys that are my forever cats, and don't want it TOO crowded. But I really love taking them in and finding them homes
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Oh sorry...when I say 'repairing' I mean taking to the vet for shots/exam, etc
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugparty
Thanks for the welcome! I live in a large busy complex on one of the main intersections of Orange County. I am always winding up taking in, repairing, s/n and finding homes for all the cats people dump off on the road, or move out and leave behind.

Right now I am down to 5 adults - 2 n/males, 1 i/male, 1 s/female, and Miss Dudley, who I discovered preggo. I have been trying to guesstimate her time, but since I have no idea when she may have been bred it's pretty difficult. She is a happy healthy cat, however, eating well and so far no signs of parasites or disease. This forum has helped a lot with trying to see if she might be ready soon...

I am hoping to find forever homes for her kits (through the shelters I contact and adoption events) and of COURSE, have her SPAYED!!! I haven't decided whether I want to keep her after that, however. I have my two boys that are my forever cats, and don't want it TOO crowded. But I really love taking them in and finding them homes
Sounds like you are doing a very good thing....I would get the 1 intact male neutered. Males can carry active sperm for a month after the neuter surgery and I'd hate for the intact male to get Dudley pregnant again once she has had her kittens.

Katie
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
Hehe...he is actually scheduled for Wednesday. It's a very busy low-cost clinic, I've had him on the list for 3 weeks Luckily my place is big enough that they are quite safely isolated several doors apart until the kittens are weaned, at least (just so I feel safe he is, ahem, -empty-).
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugparty
Hehe...he is actually scheduled for Wednesday. It's a very busy low-cost clinic, I've had him on the list for 3 weeks Luckily my place is big enough that they are quite safely isolated several doors apart until the kittens are weaned, at least (just so I feel safe he is, ahem, -empty-).
Wow...fabulous! And I was going to ask if you needed a low cost clinic, but it sounds like you have everything under control there.

Katie
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
*HUG* Thanks! Most people think I am crazy for taking street cats in and trying to help them...but if not us, then who? Not like they can go get jobs and take care of themselves. I really wish Dudley had been fixed...makes me wonder if she were tossed because she was pregnant, when a solution would be to spay her anyway? I have spayed pregnant cats before, and it was really for the best.

Sonograms show she has 3 kittens, and all three of my siblings want one. That's the only reason I am having my first litter, and why I had to look you guys up!
post #9 of 15
Well..we can certainly answer any questions you have and look forward to hearing updates.

Katie
post #10 of 15
Hi hugparty I am in Ventura County and I have had my share of foster moms and babies this season too! My own cat (long story) just gave birth to two kittens and she didn't get very big either so...you may luck out with a small litter. Thanks for taking care of these poor babies when no one else was responsible enough to
post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
My only question is sort of self-answering...that I assume she doesn't LOOK big because there are only three?

I have been feeding her kitten food and KMR as the vet recommended, and switched to non-clump litter, and made her a warm box in my bedroom in the back of the apt, with a heating pad under about a 1/4 of it so she can move off of it, I can't think of anything else to do except maybe wait.

And wondering if there is anything special I should watch for to indicate it's time? I would really like to at least be in the house to check on her.

Wow, thanks for any help. I hate to assume I know everything just because I love cats...
post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Cali has exploded this season. I'm so disappointed in humans not spending the 20$ to neuter their females. Sigh, alas. I will eat ramen and spay the planet alone
post #13 of 15
hugparty----- it is normally 1-2 weeks from when you feel movement that they give birth. I would love to see what you mean by not big and she is having 3. GL sounds like you have everything set and you are doing such a great job and a wonderful service to those cats! just wanted to give you a horray!
post #14 of 15
YES, hugparty...Oriental and Beef are my favorite flavors

I have actually hooked up with a local rescue that is paying for the spay/neuter of the 7 kittens I am fostering. I have two that will be going to their adoption event this Sunday. They are being neutered today. Before this I was doing it myself too-yikes!
Bernie
[IMG][/IMG]

Bo
[IMG][/IMG]
post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
I love the oriental flavor...It's great with soybeans and carrots

I don't know I guess I thought she would just be ENORMOUS...but I also thought cats always had 6 or 7 at a time. Learning something new everyday.

Amy, the kittens luckily hopefully will be going to my three siblings, but just in case I know I can take them to the local adoption fairs with the two adults I am trying to find homes for. I think it's just best for me to be prepared to take them to events in case my sisters or brother decide they can't take one.

I just really really really hope she has them soon. I'm getting excited to see what tiny babies grow up as.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care › My cat also gettin close!